I've just made a mindblowing discovery

I've been using Prayer of Mending with my main since it was implemented in TBC and I always thought it healed 5 times. However, I just found out today that it heals 6 times (all unglyphed). Needless to say, my mind has been blown upon this discovery!

Was this clear to everybody? Did you know it? Should I feel dumb?

Was not around for TBC, only Wrath+, but the tool tip calls for 5 jumps after the first, but glyphed gives you an additional 60% on the first but at a cost of 1 less jump so 5 total glyphed and 6 unglyphed.

If you want some fun try doing dailies with a friend and PoM them while your taking on mobs. LOL. its a rapid fire heal between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowheals View Post
    Was not around for TBC, only Wrath+, but the tool tip calls for 5 jumps after the first, but glyphed gives you an additional 60% on the first but at a cost of 1 less jump so 5 total glyphed and 6 unglyphed.

If you want some fun try doing dailies with a friend and PoM them while your taking on mobs. LOL. its a rapid fire heal between the two.
    It was in TBC. I remember when they had to add a cooldown to it.

just looked up Wrath version and it would jump 5 times with a 30 second duration after each jump.

Edit. Ah, ok. BC was before me.
    Last edited by Shadowheals; 2012-12-28 at 03:30 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I've been using Prayer of Mending with my main since it was implemented in TBC and I always thought it healed 5 times. However, I just found out today that it heals 6 times (all unglyphed). Needless to say, my mind has been blown upon this discovery!

Was this clear to everybody? Did you know it? Should I feel dumb?
    It heals 5 times. The tooltip is written very poorly, because the mechanic isn't related to the # of jumps it is related to the number of CHARGES. Unglyphed PoM has 5 charges. When you cast it on someone (including yourself) you see the buff and the charges remaining. Incoming damage activates PoM, it heals that player then decrements the charge number by 1. If there is a charge left (charges>0) it jumps to another player within 20 yards and the cycle repeats until charges=0. In fact what happens is that PoM "jumps" 4 times, not 5. You can't count the initial cast as a jump because as the tooltip says it jumps when it heals. The initial cast doesn't heal, in fact you can cast it on someone who never takes damage and it expires with no heals (and therefore no "jumps") meaning that the initial cast isn't counted as a jump (and jumps are limited to 20 yards, but the initial cast isn't). Anyway, it jumps 4 times, and heals 5 times. If you glyph it, then it jumps 3 times and heals 4 times.

I demonstrate in a video I made a while back: http://youtu.be/lXYJa-4dtjI

Deleted
    I know your feeling

A few days ago I was clearing Lower level Black Rock dungeon with my level 50 monk and discovered that there was a boss under the arena boss, and I have being playing the game for 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    It was in TBC. I remember when they had to add a cooldown to it.
    During TBC any aggro PoM caused when to the first person it bounced from...was kinda like a MD for priest....loved it back than.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    It heals 5 times.
    [...]
    I demonstrate in a video I made a while back: http://youtu.be/lXYJa-4dtjI
    Well, when was that video made (EDIT: Youtube says it was uploaded on 14 Nov 2010, so that's indeed quite a while ago)? Because I tested it this week, and it jumped 5 times and healed 6 times! Like this:

Cast Prom on A, A now has ProM with 5 charges.
    A takes damage. ProM heals A.
    ProM jumps to B, B now has ProM with 4 charges.
    B takes damage. ProM heals B.
    ProM jumps to C, C now has ProM with 3 charges.
    C takes damage. ProM heals C.
    ProM jumps to D, D now has ProM with 2 charges.
    D takes damage. ProM heals D.
    ProM jumps to E, E now has ProM with 1 charges.
    E takes damage. ProM heals E.
    ProM jumps to F, F now has ProM with 0 charges (yes, really).
    F takes damage. ProM heals F and is removed.

That's exactly how it behaved. Number of charges = number of jumps left. Which means it must have been changed at some point and it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. I can feel less dumb now!
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-12-29 at 01:21 PM.