Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    We've had this conversation in so many threads. Despite film footage including an interview with the gaza UN ambassador during cast lead. It's obvious you the Israelis don't care about civilian deahs when you rattle your sabres on the run up to an election. Couch it however you like but in terms of killing children israel is massively in the lead on that one yet still calls the Palestinians the chid killers. The same tired defence of it using them as shields etc but when you launch heavy ordinance into a dense civilian area kids will die. But they're Arab kids which somehow seems to make them worth less than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    We've had this conversation in so many threads. Despite film footage including an interview with the gaza UN ambassador during cast lead. It's obvious you the Israelis don't care about civilian deahs when you rattle your sabres on the run up to an election. Couch it however you like but in terms of killing children israel is massively in the lead on that one yet still calls the Palestinians the chid killers. The same tired defence of it using them as shields etc but when you launch heavy ordinance into a dense civilian area kids will die. But they're Arab kids which somehow seems to make them worth less than nothing.
    If israel wouldn't care about civilians they wouldnt warn ahead of bombing with SMS's and leaflets, i don't recall hamas warning civilians ahead of launching rockets barrages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    You don't need to tell me about their usage of human shields, i have been in Gaza in 2008, one of the houses that we had to flush i will never forget, 2 hamas fighters that we stormed and killed but that wasn't the thing, on the first floor there was a family all bunched up in a corner, husband his wife and 4 children they pointed us towards the kitchen where we found a huge IED roughly 300 kg of tnt, those 2 fellas on the second floor that we stormed and killed didn't manage to set it off in time.

How cruel can you be to do this to your own people?
    Oh, wasn't telling you personally, you know.
    I happened to be in Jenin during Defensive Shield (חומת מגן), and then again in other places. I am fully aware of the atrocities they commit against their own, which is why the propaganda repeated over and over by pro-palestinian (Or rather, anti-semites using the palestinians as a cynical tool in their hatred) doesn't affect me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If israel wouldn't care about civilians they wouldnt warn ahead of bombing with SMS's and leaflets, i don't recall hamas warning civilians ahead of launching rockets barrages.
    So you steal people's land, redistribute it to European émigrés, drive them off their land and wall them up in a ghetto but you at least have the "decency" to send them a text before you launch your artillery, drone strikes and air strikes killing their families and terrorising their children That makes you the good guys by your logic. Israeli and US support creates terrorism. You are the cause of it. Before Israel the only terror groups in the region were Jewish ones blowing up hotels and trying to create a homeland.

Again with that? The only country in the middle east where Arabs (Like me) can live without being afraid of dying in a bloody coup every week? You saying Israel doesn't care about Arabs is quite stupid, given 2 million Israeli citizens ARE Arabs. Full citizens. Not refugees like the Palestinians in Jordan and Syria. Not 2nd class citizens like Arabs in some European countries, where they aren't even allowed to walk around the streets in their traditional attires.

I work with Arabs, I work with Jews, I work with Christians and Muslims. I live with all of them, mingle with them, go out with them. You don't have to go far to see what racial/religious intolerance is like in the middle east. Egyptians are still giving Coptic people reasons to fear, daily. All those Sudanese refugees Israel took in, after they had to walk ACROSS all of Egypt, without receiving any aide or help from the Egyptian people or their government? The same repeating itself these days with refugees from Eritrea.

But of course, why talk about the good, if we can all simply inflate the bad until it bursts, and use it as poison to enrage the ignorant masses into blind hatred?
    I am sorry you have been fed so much hatred. Must be hard to live like that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 09:56 PM ----------

So you steal people's land, redistribute it to European émigrés, drive them off their land and wall them up in a ghetto but you at least have the "decency" to send them a text before you launch your artillery, drone strikes and air strikes killing their families and terrorising their children That makes you the good guys by your logic. Israeli and US support creates terrorism. You are the cause of it. Before Israel the only terror groups in the region were Jewish ones blowing up hotels and trying to create a homeland.
    Your examples are senseless. It would be like me telling you, every time the IDF attacks, it is because the clitoris was cut.

Deleted
    So you steal people's land, redistribute it to European émigrés, drive them off their land and wall them up in a ghetto but you at least have the "decency" to send them a text before you launch your artillery, drone strikes and air strikes killing their families and terrorising their children That makes you the good guys by your logic.
    Calm down soulcrusher, war is dirty like that. Civilians are killed because they're used as human shields yes, but what is the israeli government supposed to do when the rockets start flying ? Wave and shout angrily ?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats my point and the same tired mantra of civilian shields doesnt cut it. you cant launch heavy ordanance into a city without killing civilians, its got nothing to do with civilian shields.

Deleted
    Well start being calm so we can discuss it like civilized people
    What's the alternative though ? A land incursion into Gaza ? A more precise bombing ? Not doing anything ? You know that they're going to value their soldiers' lives higher than that of the opposing civilians. And that's what their population expects even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilu a couple of things. Please dont tell me to calm down I'm perfectly calm. Secondly why look to justify what happened or minimise deaths due to a military incursion? Was it necessary? Why were the Palestinians launching these ineffectual rockets? Was there provocation from the Israelis? Was it just coincidence that this happened during the watch of an unpopular leader on the run up to elections? Had there been a build up of tension prior to this with the idf killing a gazan kid?

Obama during the last incursion talked about "no nation on earth tolerating air strikes and attacks info it's territory" at the same time as launching drone attacks in Somalia, Sudan and Pakistan, Afghanistan and paying for them in gaza. Does that not seem hypocritical to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilu a couple of things. Please dont tell me to calm down I'm perfectly calm. Secondly why look to justify what happened or minimise deaths due to a military incursion? Was it necessary? Why were the Palestinians launching these ineffectual rockets? Was there provocation from the Israelis? Was it just coincidence that this happened during the watch of an unpopular leader on the run up to elections? Had there been a build up of tension prior to this with the idf killing a gazan kid?

Obama during the last incursion talked about "no nation on earth tolerating air strikes and attacks info it's territory" at the same time as launching drone attacks in Somalia, Sudan and Pakistan, Afghanistan and paying for them in gaza. Does that not seem hypocritical to you?
    I don't know about him, but to me; no. In international politics, as Thucydides said, "the strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Fuck Netanyahu and Lieberman i come from Turkey we Turks always helped Israel and we are mostly muslims but Israel think they became strong.
    Fuck Netanyahu and current Israel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, I had trouble finding information about this. But I've managed to dig up some more.

[/SUP]
    Yeah, there are even more things that are not considered here but these are some of the issues about the whole marriage thingy.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Again with that? The only country in the middle east where Arabs (Like me) can live without being afraid of dying in a bloody coup every week?
    Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, and Oman didn't have any coups in years...

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, and Oman didn't have any coups in years...
    You might want to scratch off Saudi Arabia off that list, if the poster is a woman or has any women-relatives that would move with him.
    You might want to scratch all of them off if he/she or whoever moves with them is gay, or it's prison time for them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...y_or_territory
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-12-29 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    You might want to scratch off Sudi Arabia off that list, if the poster is a woman or has any women-relatives that would move with him.
    You might want to scratch all of them off if he/she or whoever moves with them is gay, or it's prison time for them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...y_or_territory
    Although homosexuality and adultery are illegal there, as long as you keep them behind closed doors and not go openly about it then nothing will happen to you. I agree with you that it sucks to be a woman or a homosexual in one of these countries which is because of the nature of their very conservative communities and the way their governments are run (which is not the population fault by any mean).

The point I was answering to was notion that Israel is the only stable country in the region which is untrue as can be seen from the examples provided. I'd also like to say that due to these countries strict laws their crime rates are some of the lowest in the entire world which could be a trade off for some. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

I personally identify myself as bisexual and I've lived a perfectly normal life in two of these countries for more than 6 years. I recognise the issues as many others do but as long as these governments are supported by Big Brother, they're not going anywhere.

P.S. Sorry for my bad grammar haven't slept well lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...-israel-1.4496

West Bank rabbi: Jews can kill Gentiles who threaten Israel
    Just weeks after the arrest of alleged Jewish terrorist, Yaakov Teitel, a West Bank rabbi on Monday released a book giving Jews permission to kill Gentiles who threaten Israel.

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro, who heads the Od Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement, wrote in his book "The King's Torah" that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation.

Shapiro based the majority of his teachings on passages quoted from the Bible, to which he adds his opinions and beliefs.

"It is permissable to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," he wrote, adding: "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder."

Several prominent rabbis, including Rabbi Yithak Ginzburg and Rabbi Yaakov Yosef, have recommended the book to their students and followers.

Every society has their rotten apples, whats the purpose of this article dating back to 2009?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every society has their rotten apples, whats the purpose of this article dating back to 2009?
    whats the point? to challenge the perception that there is one side of righteous people just like us fighting a war against a fanatical religous group. the truth is that there are just as many extreme fundamentalists on the israeli side. like the settler who shot and killed the palestinian girl playing in her yard and who wasnt prosecuted as he was deemed of good character.

whats the point? to challenge the perception that there is one side of righteous people just like us fighting a war against a fanatical religous group. the truth is that there are just as many extreme fundamentalists on the israeli side. like the settler who shot and killed the palestinian girl playing in her yard and who wasnt prosecuted as he was deemed of good character.
    Source please?

Also, no one here claims one side has the morale highground, I think 90% of thinking Israelis would agree.
    Actualy, the ONLY one that keeps to his one sided dogma is you, and I have been following most of your threads- you have not ONCE promoted peace, only hatred against Israel, which will obviously won't make the Palestinian situation any better.

I'm sorry I'm so aggresive about this, but really, all this hate-mongering helps nothing, both sides should think of a solutions to move forward and stop with the one sided actions. All none peace-forwarding actions should cease, this means building behind the 67 green line, all propganda, violent attacks and such, and go straight to the negoiations table.

Then maybe we would have a better life here.

Quote Originally Posted by JeDayKeen View Post
    Source please?

Also, no one here claims one side has the morale highground, I think 90% of thinking Israelis would agree.
    Actualy, the ONLY one that keeps to his one sided dogma is you, and I have been following most of your threads- you have not ONCE promoted peace, only hatred against Israel, which will obviously won't make the Palestinian situation any better.

I'm sorry I'm so aggresive about this, but really, all this hate-mongering helps nothing, both sides should think of a solutions to move forward and stop with the one sided actions. All none peace-forwarding actions should cease, this means building behind the 67 green line, all propganda, violent attacks and such, and go straight to the negoiations table.

Then maybe we would have a better life here.
    The shooting did occur in Hebron, riots ensued after the burial of a soldier who died along with other 3 people in a roadside ambush in 2002 ( Second Intifada ).

10+ Year Old Account
    The shooting did occur in Hebron, riots ensued after the burial of a soldier who died along with other 3 people in a roadside ambush in 2002 ( Second Intifada ).
    yes it did. an inncoent girl playing in her yard shot and killed by an israeli extremist. not a human shield just a child playng at home. but then israeli settlers targetting and killing palestinians while the army looks on is fairly common place no?

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/20...d-by-settlers/
    Yesterday, in the northern West Bank, outside the village of Aserra, a Jewish settler shot a Palestinian boy who was participating in a demonstration. Here is the picture of the assassin aiming his rifle and there is the picture of the boy after the bullet has hit its target.