Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Two Huge New Continents - new low level zones?

Are these 2 new continents strictly high level zones(50-60) or is there some new low level zones mixed in there?

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Are these 2 new continents strictly high level zones(50-60) or is there some new low level zones mixed in there?
    Nope, they are level 50-60 zones. No new low level zones. Not really needed as you breeze through the levels. But these new zones are really pretty and awesome

Thanks for the quick reply!

Huge doesn't even begin to describe these new leveling zones.

Its like Trion looked at northrend and said "Lets double it"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Huge doesn't even begin to describe these new leveling zones.

Its like Trion looked at northrend and said "Lets double it"
    pgh seratos is about the size of northrend its self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    pgh seratos is about the size of northrend its self.
    Ember isle is probably almost the same size of northrend

1. Northrend was pretty big guys. Let's stop blowing out of proportion how big the SL zones are.

2. Let's keep the topic on Rift.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but none of these zones are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside. So the Tardis trumps them all.

OT: I've heard horror stories of leveling in these new zones stemming from the vast amount of time it takes to get from 50-60. Realistically, how many zones out of the total number of zones on average would you say it takes to hit 60? Just from questing, don't factor in cahorting about in IA's or dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes, but none of these zones are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside. So the Tardis trumps them all.

OT: I've heard horror stories of leveling in these new zones stemming from the vast amount of time it takes to get from 50-60. Realistically, how many zones out of the total number of zones on average would you say it takes to hit 60? Just from questing, don't factor in cahorting about in IA's or dungeons.
    5 zones + 3 zones, and an additional zone on each that's really meant for level 60. Later on, an additional zone on one of the continents will unlock. If you complete all your quests and such, you'll be leveling through 8 zones with 2 additional ones with dailies and such. The Dendrome (zone 11) hasn't been released yet.

Ping pong back and forth between continents to avoid facing mobs 3-4 levels above you.
    Last edited by Acquiesce of Telara; 2012-12-28 at 09:38 PM.

from one of my other posts:

Now, in SL, I levelled solo using an assassin/riftstalker build ... not great at AOE but decent survivability .... predominately by questing. I did grab a few dungeons and zone events and closed a few rifts. I also never left a zone till I was done with the "do x quests in the zone" and "do y carnage quests in the zone". Now it took me about 80 hours of played time to go from 50 to 60, but I would up with half of Ashora and all of Morban and Infinity Steepes left to do when I hit 60.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    5 zones + 3 zones, and an additional zone on each that's really meant for level 60. Later on, an additional zone on one of the continents will unlock. If you complete all your quests and such, you'll be leveling through 8 zones with 2 additional ones with dailies and such. The Dendrome (zone 11) hasn't been released yet.

Ping pong back and forth between continents to avoid facing mobs 3-4 levels above you.
    So pretty much every zone...that's...not promising to be honest. Though I am a fan of seeing all zones and quests, quests, quests the first time around. I can sense I might be a little worn down by this experience.

Oh well, just gotta remember to take my time and smell the roses. I'm not rushing to get anywhere soon. Already 45 and I've only played the last 2 weeks in my spare time. Plenty of time for other things at a later date.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    from one of my other posts
    Thanks for another perspective.

So pretty much every zone...that's...not promising to be honest. Though I am a fan of seeing all zones and quests, quests, quests the first time around. I can sense I might be a little worn down by this experience.

Oh well, just gotta remember to take my time and smell the roses. I'm not rushing to get anywhere soon. Already 45 and I've only played the last 2 weeks in my spare time. Plenty of time for other things at a later date.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:50 PM ----------

Thanks for another perspective.
    Just a tip from me: If you find Carnage to be a bit MEH, just don't do too many of them. The first 2-3 levels I was kinda paranoid that I would outpace the zones by not doing enough carnages, and got kinda bored with the leveling. Around lvl 55 I realized I had loads of zones to quest through and didn't bother with carnages at all almost, just enjoyed some magnificent story quest lines. There is a big difference in xp pr hour between carnages and story quests, it's pretty absurd actually. At the end I had Kingsward, Ashora, dendrome pretty much untouched. I did net a good amount of xp all the way from 50 by doing daily warfronts tho.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Just a tip from me: If you find Carnage to be a bit MEH, just don't do too many of them. The first 2-3 levels I was kinda paranoid that I would outpace the zones by not doing enough carnages, and got kinda bored with the leveling. Around lvl 55 I realized I had loads of zones to quest through and didn't bother with carnages at all almost, just enjoyed some magnificent story quest lines. There is a big difference in xp pr hour between carnages and story quests, it's pretty absurd actually. At the end I had Kingsward, Ashora, dendrome pretty much untouched. I did net a good amount of xp all the way from 50 by doing daily warfronts tho.
    Not doing all your carnage quests? But think of the cheevos!

Kitty, it can sound tiresome, but I think you'll be fine. If you've enjoyed your experience thus far, Storm Legion just totally decimates it. I know you've likely read most of this before, but it's probably worth repeating.

3 types of quests: Storyline, Pick-up, Carnage.

Storyline Quests are straightforward. You enter the zone, you're given a purpose relevant to the plot and you work toward a solution. By the time the storyline is done, you're leaving the zone. In large zones the storyline evolves, but it never involves picking up talbuk poo so you can breath underwater. Instead, it's lore-heavy and advances the entire game's plot.

Pick-up quests are more random. These are ancillary quests that may include defeating some minor bad guy boss or retrieving a macguffin so NPC #3 can feed the village. They're all optional and have no direct inpact on the main story.

Carnage Quests: Kill 14 of X.

Storylines give you something to think about. Pick-ups aren't tedious, and Carnage is mostly mindless killing, but can prove challenging when you're trying to find all 35 (or whatever) carnage quests in the zone. They all blend in seemlessly. You can ignore what you want, but between the XP, reputation, and currencies, it's usually worth it to work through it all.

On top of that you have your IAs, Onslaughts (which you haven't experienced yet at 45), Hunt Rifts, profession leveling, and the usual zone event invasions. There's so much to do that you yourself shouldn't feel like you're locked down in a grind.

From 51-54 I did every every quest in the first 3 zones. Then I did Hunt Rifts nonstop to 55. From there, I went back to questing, and I hit 60 about halfway through zone number 8. That was with no rested XP and trying to make sense of my builds (as I hadn't played my character since before the 1.11 revamp.)

Like I said, if you've enjoyed yourself thus far, you'll have a blast when you hit the new continents. It'll feel like it's taking longer, but the journey (and accompanying activities) should feel more epic for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Pick-up quests are more random. These are ancillary quests that may include defeating some minor bad guy boss or retrieving a macguffin so NPC #3 can feed the village. They're all optional and have no direct inpact on the main story.
    You are forgetting the most important part of the random quests.
    Almost all of them require 0 backtracking. You turn in the quest when you complete it from wherever you are.
    The is very little, sometimes 0 in a zone, backtracking for side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You are forgetting the most important part of the random quests.
    Almost all of them require 0 backtracking. You turn in the quest when you complete it from wherever you are.
    The is very little, sometimes 0 in a zone, backtracking for side quests.
    That or they're set up so that when you find one that you need to turn in, you do so while you're on a story quest and turn them both in at the same hub.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That or they're set up so that when you find one that you need to turn in, you do so while you're on a story quest and turn them both in at the same hub.
    Yeah. Everything is stacked forward.

God damn they did a fantastic job streamlining the questing in this expansion.
    I've been poking along due to RL and finishing swtor while doing so. Comparing the two side by side has just made the difference so much more stark its painful.

I don't mean to make a game v game comparison but just to make an example of what I mean by stacked forward and stream lining.

In swtor, you gather 5 quests at a hub from a few people standing in a building (think hoth). You are asked to complete quests to across the zone to the east. Then when you have completed those quests... You go back west to turn them in. Then, you get a bread crumb quest that sends you east to the next hub.
    In rift, there's only 1-3 quests per hub and all of them are turned in at the next hub. Pick up quests that you find in the zone you are doing the story quests are turn in at the NEXT hub or don't need to be turned in. And carnage quests aren't turned in anywhere either.

So you start at a point and continue straight to the end instead of rubber banding back and forth.

An added note, its nice to not have writers bending over backward to come up for a reason for players to kill 10 boars.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I personally hit 60 last night, and I only did: Pelladane, Cape Jules, City Core, Seratos, Eastern Holdings, and about 3 quests in Ardent Domain, and I hit 60. Started SL at 48. Did no dungeons, and did each onslaught in the above zones once. Did Zone Events as they showed up, but no idea how many.

So, I have 90+% of Ardent Domain, and all of Ashora, Kingsward, Infinity Steppes, and Morban left to do.
    You are exactly where I am at.
    Except I am 56.6

onslaughts give a lot of exp. I gotta do more of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    1. Northrend was pretty big guys. Let's stop blowing out of proportion how big the SL zones are.

2. Let's keep the topic on Rift.

Wow is a common reference for most gamers, no one said either was better, it was just a comparisson to give a sense of scale.

But its easily twice the size of the original Rift. Personally I think some zones (Seratos, and Morban) are too large, could do with splitting up, but damm, thats a lot of landmass and content, and really really well done zones too. (Morban is damm creepy in places).

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Wow is a common reference for most gamers, no one said either was better, it was just a comparisson to give a sense of scale.

But its easily twice the size of the original Rift. Personally I think some zones (Seratos, and Morban) are too large, could do with splitting up, but damm, thats a lot of landmass and content, and really really well done zones too. (Morban is damm creepy in places).

I agree. Also, Trion's use of sound is great. By the time I was done in Pelladane I really wanted a quest to go find the guy with the motivational....errr....propaganda speakers (the ones by the labor camps) and kill him. Also, questing late a night (real time) and with most of the light down in the mountainous regions every time one of the random roars or growls would come up I'd find myself doing a quick 360 just to check to make sure I wasn't going to get jumped by some random mob.

And the store lines are great. For the first time in a long time I was fairly emotionally invested in the plot in a game -- I forget the last time that happened. Getting the quests to kill the commander in Pelladane or Salvarola in Kingsward I was more then happy to do it ... didn't need XP or any reward, just being able to kill them. Again, I can remember when a video game had that effect. Yes in books and movies I would experience that level of emotional investment, but not in a video game.

The above two points are probably why I'm telling people to take their time explore and let yourself get immersed in the world that Trion has created.

BTW -- I always do the story lines first in a new zone (call it curiosity), but I will pick up an discovery style quest as well as killing one of any mob I come across, just so I can come back and do the carnage quests later.