Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock quest ? (possible spoilers)

When you get to the part where you can choose save akama's men or plunder the den? Which one would you choose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaning towards plundering untill I know more. I'm a warlock, dammit, what do I care. If I can get some plunder for myself why should I care about some guys being attacked then? They should just be strong enough to handle that kind of crap. I am, so why aren't they. They're just not trying hard enough

Possible spoiler alert warning please? You just ruined part of the excitement for me :/

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks utilyze demonic energy, torture their enemies for a slow and painful death even if a quick death might be beneficial for the warlock, sacrifice their own followers for death simply for self-benefit, and even kill themselves ever-so-slightly on the inside simply for more power; but we're supposed to save a handful of people we're more or less indifferent to? From a lore standpoint I think not.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Possible spoiler alert warning please? You just ruined part of the excitement for me :/
    Agreed, please put in a spoiler warning for future reference...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Agreed, please put in a spoiler warning for future reference...
    Done.

Depends on exactly what you can plunder or whether protecting Akama gives any rewards.

Who doesn't enjoy a nice bit of plundering though?

Deleted
    depends what the rewards are, im a illidan fan so if i get something illidan related for plundering then :P

I'll help him, of course. I'm a good guy
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    do i look like a pirate? *eats savory deviate delight* dont answer that -.-
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

My character is not a villain, but further advancement comes before saving a coward who hides behind Illidan only to betray him when the time was right with a cheap justification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, will plundering lead me to further my own knowledge and power or will saving Akama and his men grant me access to knowledge and power? I will take the course that grants me what I seek, power and knowledge.

A real warlock would do the same, do not forget warlocks were once mages/shamans who in pursuit for GREATER POWER cast of the shackles of their former class and delved deeper into darker magic. So regardless of what role play you might have given your character you are a warlock who will seek greater power, even if you must sacrifice the life of others to do so :3 You aren't a bad guy for doing so (look at Arthas/Illidan for bad guys), you are just doing what you are suppose to do. If you aren't willing to do what is necessary to obtain greater power, you can always go back to being a mage or shaman <3

Everything my character does is for the advancement of his people (the Forsaken). Whichever choice advances that goal is the one he makes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I just can't seem to get excited about this if its for green fire, considering i use about 0 fire spells
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I just can't seem to get excited about this if its for green fire, considering i use about 0 fire spells
    Rain of Fel Fire !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If you remember that poll Xelnath posted a while back where he asked what you would rather do and a few questions, it was for this quest.

Affli is top spec for 5.0 and 5.1. I personally hope that in 5.2 we will have demo top single dps with destro being top on cleave fights, otherwise green fire will only serve as a means to keep the other 2 specs alive while having affli as the way to go for raids.

In addition to that, I would be curious to know if there are any announcement on whether we will see the questline/animation on the 5.2 PTR. I will certainly be disappointed if it is being tested on the background and clues appear after the 4 month period when 5.2 will go live. As for the method, it has to be a tricky one, although it should be neutral in terms of pve/pvp, otherwise it may be unfair.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enture-Warlock
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-answered-most

I think these 2 posts are where Xelnath got some community feedback and helped design the quest from posters here, which is cool.

Seems that where we get green fire attacks it mostly going to effect destruction. Considering destruction uses just fire spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Leaning towards plundering untill I know more. I'm a warlock, dammit, what do I care. If I can get some plunder for myself why should I care about some guys being attacked then? They should just be strong enough to handle that kind of crap. I am, so why aren't they. They're just not trying hard enough
    Naah...
    I think that's not right. If so, warlocks would've been available only to horde (Hence alliance acts like some kind of a Inquisition).
    But as once was said:
    "Where's the fun dealing justice if you don't kill a few people along the way?"