Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    These are my thoughts, The Lich King was weak because of Arthas, the only thing that kept him from making mass devastation was that little brat. The Thunder King doesn't care about shit like that, this guy is brutal, and it took a whole race to defeat him the first time, it took 10 or 25 brave soldiers and an old fart to beat The Lich King. Not only that, but The Lich King's powers all came from relics, Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, The Thunder King has weapons sure, but he can still strike down intense lightning at will, and if all else fails he'll just crush you under his foot. I personally feel that Lei Shen has this one.
    It's going to take 10 or 25 brave soldiers without an old fart to take down Lei Shen.

All comic book "my hero is stronger then yours" pissing contests aside....

Story - Lich King, by a great big gigantic bound. Fused in the most demonic of wombs, the unholy combination of Ner'zhul, the original badass orc warcheif, and Arthas, the alliances favourite son. A combination of both sides that nearly proved to be the death of both.

Ner'zhul, who not only signed his people over the the legion by giving rise to the shadow council and the death knights of old. He also gave the order that destroyed Dreanor as it was known.

And Arthas - the one who was to lead his people into a new era of hope and justice for all - but failed ironically due to the same weakness that prayed on Ner'zhul.

He is at the heart of every facet of the core original Warcraft mythos. Through a combination of weakness and shear greed, Ner'zhul is directly responsible for both the original war, and the continues escalations caused by the orcs exile into Azeroth.

Vs an emperor who ruled over a tiny facet of land who's only significance is that the aforementioned war has now spread there, and something rather powerful died there, a long long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    These are my thoughts, The Lich King was weak because of Arthas, the only thing that kept him from making mass devastation was that little brat. The Thunder King doesn't care about shit like that, this guy is brutal, and it took a whole race to defeat him the first time, it took 10 or 25 brave soldiers and an old fart to beat The Lich King. Not only that, but The Lich King's powers all came from relics, Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, The Thunder King has weapons sure, but he can still strike down intense lightning at will, and if all else fails he'll just crush you under his foot. I personally feel that Lei Shen has this one.
    I'm gonna say this: the thunder king was the guy who found the titan suppository. all his thunder powers probably come from titan tech. so both of them have their powers coming from relics, except that one of them is demonic in origin, while the other one is titanic.

also: 25 heroes will defeat the thunder king too.

my own personal opinion: it would probably be a damn good fight with no certain winner.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm gonna say this: the thunder king was the guy who found the titan suppository.
    That's... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    So what, he died of old age? You are knit picking now. He was killed in battle. Sorry to break it to you.
    As was Arthas. I want to know how.

Blizzard has been dodgy around HOW he was killed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBone View Post
    Lich King is stronger because he had a unique in game model.

Thunder King is just a reskinned Draenei so he is lame.
    He has his own unique model?

Go look at the Model viewer?

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    The Lich King was stronger...
    Don't forget the end of the fight when he instantly kills us "the heroes".
    We've killed every lore character so far which makes us stronger than him, but he had the power to instantly kill us.
    Which makes him stronger than the greatest beings.
    The Lich King had an ability to instantly kill us called Fury of Frostmourne.

The ability would do 1 million damage.

Stat wise, the Thunder KIng has an ability that does..3 million..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    If Lei shen is THAT powerful, what about that "keeper of storms" guy Ra-Den?
    for all we know that could be sha empowered Lei Shen ... or something similar to algalon...

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    inb4 "there must always be a thunder king"
    It wouldn't be any more ridiculous than the ending of Wrath. After all those dozens and dozens of quests to kill sentient scourge commanders because "without a thinking, planning leader, we can easily mop up the shambling forces here" and suddenly when we want to kill the Lich King "without a leader there'll be nothing holding them back!"

You know, except for the part where canonically there were barely any Scourge in the valley and all the way to the door of ICC because of the Argent Crusade's army marching through and destroying everything in their path.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It wouldn't be any more ridiculous than the ending of Wrath. After all those dozens and dozens of quests to kill sentient scourge commanders because "without a thinking, planning leader, we can easily mop up the shambling forces here" and suddenly when we want to kill the Lich King "without a leader there'll be nothing holding them back!"

You know, except for the part where canonically there were barely any Scourge in the valley and all the way to the door of ICC because of the Argent Crusade's army marching through and destroying everything in their path.
    Woah.

How was the ending of Wrath ridiculous?

How does "THere must always be a Lich King" not make sense?

If the head of the army, the guy who had the leash on all of the Scourge is gone, they'll rage and destroy everything cuz aside from restraint, which is instilled by the Lich King, all they know is to destroy.

Just sayin'.

Respect however for the Yu Yu Hakusho signature and avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Woah.

How was the ending of Wrath ridiculous?

How does "THere must always be a Lich King" not make sense?

If the head of the army, the guy who had the leash on all of the Scourge is gone, they'll rage and destroy everything cuz aside from restraint, which is instilled by the Lich King, all they know is to destroy.

Just sayin'.

Respect however for the Yu Yu Hakusho signature and avatar.
    he was also just sayin that the scourge was just a fragment of what it once was(before we came to north)... after the hundreds of quests where u decimate their numbers... I don't see how they would have enough to do anything... remember that without arthas and the val'kyr(which joined the forsaken) they can't rez new scourge ... we'd mop them easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    he was also just sayin that the scourge was just a fragment of what it once was(before we came to north)... after the hundreds of quests where u decimate their numbers... I don't see how they would have enough to do anything... remember that without arthas and the val'kyr(which joined the forsaken) they can't rez new scourge ... we'd mop them easily...
    Because there's still the Cult of the Damned and remnants of the Scourge which have sentient Mind.

The thing with the Scourge is they outnumber ANYTHING we can imagine, and the Cult of the Damned and Scourge with Sentient minds, seeing that the Lich King is dead, might want revenge, or to carry out their own plans of destroying the planet and submerging it in undeath.

We'd never truly know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen fight, Thrall joins the battle puts down his mega awesome ''permanent grounding totem'' fight becomes a push ower.

Also LK Arthas seems way stronger than those puny mogu :-)
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    Personally I believe Arthas would have won if it was a 1v1. But if it's Scourge v Mogu empire I'm not sure. The undead relied on raising their fallen enemies and incorporating them into their own army. The Mogu seem to have a nasty habit of using animated statues to fight for them, which I doubt would be able to be raised by the LK. Saying that, the Mogu's main army at one point were the Saurok which could have been raised possibly. Anyway, I doubt we'll find out anyway.

Hmm most of Lei Shen's army is probably animated stone, so I doubt the Lich King could raise them back from the dead.

Don't forget that the Mogu know flesh shaping and spirit binding. They can take souls and put them into stone or use critters in the valley and turn them into an army. Also I wonder If they could shape the flesh of Arthas undead army.

I guess it really would depend on if the Lich King could raise enough undead(not counting all the stone beings) fast enough compared to Lei Shen's Mogu army flesh shaping and spirit binding new stone soldiers and critters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not in the slightest, no....
    If you could explain your reasoning. :x

The mogu are strong, but the difference in their utilization and diversity versus the might of the Scourge is hardly a comparison. Plenty of strong mogu around but only 1 giant colossus? Compare him to Thrym and Thaddius and all the other Rot Giants that serve the LK. Compare the hordes of Mogu and their magic to the ANTI-MAGIC legions of Death Knights. Moreover, consider the countless dead at the hands of the Mogu - they all belong to the Lich King now.

Mogu are strong constructs with their own minds... too bad Banshees can take them over.

You could argue that Thunder King can bring the might of all seven Sha to the battlefield and that they could decimate most of the forces... but can they really?

The Sha feed off of the emotions that they stand for - Anger, Hatred, Violence, Fear, Despair, and Doubt. The Lich King commands the soulless undead. With the exception of Violence, none of the other emotions are felt by the forces of the Scourge. Thus, the main power battery for the Sha is sorely depleted.

It would be a hell of a battle with significant losses on both side, but I think that in the end, the Lich King would win.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

In a cage match... I can't say with certainty who'd beat who. The Thunder King might have a better chance.

You can say that DW would burn it all but then again LK would raise the dead and DW would burn them and DW wins but for some reason don't ask me what I just think that kinda of fight would simply wipe out everything on Azeroth, leaving only Outland and Sageras would win it all without getting out of bed, this due to the lack of any power being around to stop him.
    You sure? Lich King wanted to ressurect Galakrond, the father af all aspects ( as Alextrasza said, "His size alone was greater than all of the Aspects combined." ). Would not Galakrond take Deathwing down? And if Lich King could control Galakrond, does not it mean that he is more powerful than him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    You sure? Lich King wanted to ressurect Galakrond, the father af all aspects ( as Alextrasza said, "His size alone was greater than all of the Aspects combined." ). Would not Galakrond take Deathwing down? And if Lich King could control Galakrond, does not it mean that he is more powerful than him?
    ์He could control Galakrond if it was in undead state. I doubt he could do shit to original Galakrond but again Galakrond may not even b stronger and an aspect after they are blessed by titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    The Lich King was stronger...
    Don't forget the end of the fight when he instantly kills us "the heroes".
    We've killed every lore character so far which makes us stronger than him, but he had the power to instantly kill us.
    Which makes him stronger than the greatest beings.
    arent u forgetting a certain archimonde? he spamms "touch of death" like a mad man at the end of the fight.. if u click off the elune buff u instant die

Matthias tried to reason with Arthas, but Arthas silenced him by running him through with Frostmourne. Ner'zhul was delighted by this, declaring that he and Arthas were now free to merge into a single glorious being. Arthas rejected this offer, stating that once he had the power of the Lich King, no one would tell him what to do again. He impaled the stunned Ner'zhul with Frostmourne, becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King and ending the dream.[4]

So Nerzhul was gone forever which shows i was right it was only arthas there and he had no power but frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    the Thunder King Lei Shen, had a Helm that would strike fear into his foes.
    what i find funny here, is that the helmet is the same model as hunter s12(?) (from patch 4.2)