Stealth Patch Tonight?

Did Bioware run a patch tonight? (12/28)

I was able to create 10 more characters (I was at 2/12).

However, ALL my unlocks I purchased for my toons were all broken.

Anyone else have any issues?

I hope not. I really think their engine is the main problem. If they had built that from the ground up and not contracted a third of their work to people who are not there full time. I think this game would run as smoothly as Guild Wars 2. If theres one thing I wish they did. Its the engine. It may been cheaper to contract from Hero Engine but it would been better in long run.

To answer your question. I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I hope not. I really think their engine is the main problem. If they had built that from the ground up and not contracted a third of their work to people who are not there full time. I think this game would run as smoothly as Guild Wars 2. If theres one thing I wish they did. Its the engine. It may been cheaper to contract from Hero Engine but it would been better in long run.

To answer your question. I'm not sure.
    Sorry for being off-topic, it's not the engine's problem per se. Elder's Scroll Online will have the Hero Engine as well and they announced it well after SWTOR launch and said how smoot it is and how it allows hundreds of character models in the screen. To be fair, it's BW fault, as they did purchase the engine while it was still in beta and decided to finish it by themselves. That failed as we now know

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Sorry for being off-topic, it's not the engine's problem per se. Elder's Scroll Online will have the Hero Engine as well and they announced it well after SWTOR launch and said how smoot it is and how it allows hundreds of character models in the screen. To be fair, it's BW fault, as they did purchase the engine while it was still in beta and decided to finish it by themselves. That failed as we now know
    Actually, ESO only used the Hero Engine for early testing. They haven't been using it since before May of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Which brings me back to my original thought. I peeked over at Hero Engine that have an interview with person at star wars who is using their design. The Hero Engine was indeed still in early beta. It wasn't even finished. They took a half finished product and applied their own tech to it. Most of which they contract work to (so they don't have to pay for benefits.)

Its not like they were short on money. It was rumored to be the highest price tag on ANY MMO. When the lead designer decided to use this engine. I have to ask myself. What was he thinking? Games like GW2 the reason its so easy on your PC because they built the engine themselves. Now over a year after the game came out. I still experience longer loading times then GW2.

It works like this every time you leave an area. You are at a loading screen. I'm not sure about everyone else but it took me a few minutes each time it would come up to get passed this. I wonder what would or could been different had their built the engine themselves.

Looks like its partially fixed.
    Character count went down to 3/2. (good thing I just leveled the new toon to 3).
    Crafting professions were fixed along with most everything else except Account wide titles.

Should be fixed in 3 months, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Looks like its partially fixed.
    Character count went down to 3/2. (good thing I just leveled the new toon to 3).
    Crafting professions were fixed along with most everything else except Account wide titles.

Should be fixed in 3 months, lol.
    They will still keep charging ppl for them but seem to have zero urgency to fix the fact that almost all account unlocks only work on the toon cast them and even in that case go away if they are storage ones.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I've also found a slight bug myself. As a F2P, i must buy unlocks, and thats fine and all. Well, i purchased the "Legacy title(Account wide)" unlock off the GTN, and i used it. So i had it, so i logged off, and realized my other 10 slots were open. I then logged onto my 28 jug, and saw Legacy was locked still. Swapped back to my Inquis which i used the unlock it, and it was locked once again. I've done this twice, and all i notice is that when its used, i can make more characters. So I think there is a bug in the system that somewhere the Legacy unlock is making accounts open up the padlock just a bit, to let F2Pers make more than 2 characters. And its something i'd report, but Bioware doesnt let F2P use Customer Support lol. Anyone else run across this issue?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they are having massive problems with unlocks at the moment. It's practically game breaking, but everything going wrong is beyond what I would ever imagine to the point it seems like they have been playing a practical joke on us since launch.

Deleted
    Lost speeder piloting twice now in the last three weeks. Today it was only speeder piloting I on a twink but a while ago piloting III was gone on my main which was annoying as eff. Also still around is the bug that you lose schematics if you unlearn a crew skill, learn another one and learn schematics in the new one. Havn't been affected by it myself but read several times that account wide unlocks won't function, which keeps me from buying a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    I've also found a slight bug myself. As a F2P, i must buy unlocks, and thats fine and all. Well, i purchased the "Legacy title(Account wide)" unlock off the GTN, and i used it. So i had it, so i logged off, and realized my other 10 slots were open. I then logged onto my 28 jug, and saw Legacy was locked still. Swapped back to my Inquis which i used the unlock it, and it was locked once again. I've done this twice, and all i notice is that when its used, i can make more characters. So I think there is a bug in the system that somewhere the Legacy unlock is making accounts open up the padlock just a bit, to let F2Pers make more than 2 characters. And its something i'd report, but Bioware doesnt let F2P use Customer Support lol. Anyone else run across this issue?
    Wait until you buy an inventory unlock (account) and find out it doesn't work. Did that the other day, and it did not apply to any of my characters. I also saw the extra slots, but didn't make a new character. I should have. There are a couple threads in TOR's customer service forums talking about how account wide unlocks (cargo, inventory, helm, title) are not working at all. You know BW/EA just don't have their act together when you have to check the CS forums before applying an unlock now. One of the CS reps in there said they're investigating that issue (around 12/20) but there has been no follow ups since. I'm hoping the next maintenance/patch whatever will fix things, but I have no idea if they'll make good on those used unlocks. The fact that they were still selling these unlocks and made no mention of their problems in the "known issues" sticky is just unconscionable. Every time I pop open my inventory on my commando and see the cartel coin icon where the extra slots should be I'd like to stockstrike Cory Butler right in the mouth. Do they not want F2P to work or what?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    Do they not want F2P to work or what?
    They have your money/someone's money...it's working for them. They could give fuck all for the rest of it. This is turning out to be the most disrespectful, pathetic attempt at customer service ever.

So I think there is a bug in the system that somewhere the Legacy unlock is making accounts open up the padlock just a bit, to let F2Pers make more than 2 characters. And its something i'd report, but Bioware doesnt let F2P use Customer Support lol. Anyone else run across this issue?
    Why would you report anything so beneficial? Especially when it happened on an account that Bioware screws over so much (i.e. a F2P account) and when it doesn't hurt anyone else (as opposed to a PVP glitch that could ruin things for other players but benefit one)

Good thing their overly restrictive ways also stopped you from reporting it (Their overly abundant restrictions screw even themselves over sometimes I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They have your money/someone's money...it's working for them. They could give fuck all for the rest of it. This is turning out to be the most disrespectful, pathetic attempt at customer service ever.
    It is border line fraud at this point to keep charging for broken features. They know they are broken yet keep happily taking peoples money for them with no fixes in the immediate future. Their customer service has always been poor I don't know why I or anybody else expected differently I guess. If there was any justice in the gaming community all of the people that work on this now or have at just about any point would never have anything to do with games or decision making again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If there was any justice in the gaming community all of the people that work on this now or have at just about any point would never have anything to do with games or decision making again.
    Dallas Dickinson, Rich Vogel and Gordon Walton were all heavily involved with the NGE cockup at Sony iirc. That didn't stop them working on TOR later on. Not sure it's possible to be 'blacklisted' in gaming circles. Maybe one day making bad decisions will result in some accountability but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-12-30 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Dallas Dickinson, Rich Vogel and Gordon Walton were all heavily involved with the NGE cockup at Sony iirc. That didn't stop them working on TOR later on. Not sure it's possible to be 'blacklisted' in gaming circles. Maybe one day making bad decisions will result in some accountability but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Oh I certainly don't expect it to happen. It is amazing that so many can fail so amazingly and keep getting jobs. This isn't limited to or completely focused at BW, EA or anybody really, but some how people fail themselves into promotions and amazing opportunities all the time.

Thats exactly what happened with me. I was able to duplicate also.
    But SWTOR doesn't provide support to F2P. I find it ironic in WOW, I had amazing customer support actually on my Free Trial Twink 20.

Simply stay away from purchasing account wide unlocks. They also only apply to your 2 toons. So when they release the next patch increasing the number to 6 for preferred, those unlocks DO NOT carry over.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:11 PM ----------

Is there a way to change the thread title? Its a good warning to keep people away from buying account unlocks.