Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Did I get ripped off...?

Okay

So i got the tablet and from the very beginning i have problem

I sign up to * google play store * and i try to downloaded via usb port but my device was not recognized and i try that again and again and frustrated i e-mail the company and that was the 25th and no response, So before i go into crisis mode i e-mail google and when they reply back my jaw hit the floor

Hello Harold,

Thanks for writing in with your question - I’m happy to help see what’s going on. I reviewed your account and unfortunately right now, the LV70 isn’t supported for use with the Google Play Store app or with play.google.com, which is why the Google Play Store app isn’t showing up on your device / you’re getting an error on the Google Play website / you’re not able to successfully download / other issue user is having that is caused by having an unsupported device.

I know this might be confusing, but not all devices running Android are licensed to use Google Play. This happens because manufacturers use the free Android software on their devices, but sometimes these devices don’t pass Google’s compatibility requirements to have the Google Play Store app installed. To help with this confusion, we’ve published a complete list of supported devices here:

http://support.google.com/googleplay...answer=1727131

Thanks in advance for your understanding; it’s very frustrating for us when our users have problems with unsupported devices since we can't help any further. If you have any follow-up questions about supported devices, please let me know.

So now i am really piss and trying to control my blood pressure because i can't believe that this company and shopnbc can defraud the customer and just give us the middle finger i am going lied down !

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:53 PM ----------

update

right now i am seeing that if amazon store will installed ?

sounds like you need to return that tablet.

company is saving money by using the free android OS, which makes them able to sell it cheaper.

making you pay the price in the end.

Like they said, not all android tablets support Google Play. You probably got one of them budget tablets that run off either their tiny own app store, or at best the Amazon App store. I guess either try to get a refund, or find out how to hack the thing.

I think you forgot to tell us what kind of tablet you bought

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    latte lv70

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless that device is part of the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD), it won't have any google application preloaded with them. Also, if a company isn't part of the Open Handset Alliance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Handset_Alliance it won't have google apps preloaded into them too such as Amazon.

EDIT: I assume this is your http://www.amazon.com/Latte-LV70-cap.../dp/B008O0M880 and as I've said it is not compatible with google apps.
    Last edited by N-7; 2012-12-29 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    EDIT: I assume this is your http://www.amazon.com/Latte-LV70-cap.../dp/B008O0M880 and as I've said it is not compatible with google apps.
    sadly it says it is though ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    latte lv70
    It's advertising itself as compatible with the google Play Store:

"The Latte LV70 offers the power of a 1.2 GHz processor with a newest CPU A13 from Allwinner, 4 GB onboard memory, and latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Connect to the internet fast and stable with high-speed Wi-Fi b/g/n (faster than Wi-Fi b/g), browse millions of web pages with Adobe Flash player and access 500,000+ applications through Play Store (Google Marketplace)." (http://www.amazon.com/Latte-LV70-cap.../dp/B008O0M880)

So hopefully you can get a refund on the grounds the product is not as described if you choose to go that way.

There's comments in the feedback stating people have had issues emailing the company, I'd suggest phoning them if you want to get through/arrange a refund. Other comments suggests they were getting their apps via amazon, so hopefully you'll have some success there. They've clearly managed to get apps onto it somehow.

In general though you should probably lower your expectations, a $100 tablet is going to be slow, have poor battery life, not support everything, have some hiccups etc. It's pretty basic, it isn't a competitor for an ipad/Galaxy. There's a definite sweet spot to look for in value and quality in tablets, you do end up paying more but end up with a much, much better device. fwiw I had one of the cheapy tablets for awhile to see if I'd really use it, then upgraded to a better tablet (a samsung), it is a very noticeable difference and I'm glad I made the change.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-29 at 04:25 AM.

latte lv70
    I've never even heard of that company.

It was cheap, and there was a good reason.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    sadly it says it is though ;_;
    Hopefully you can get a refund then and if you're still looking for an Android tablet that is relatively cheap, high-end and pretty accessible. I personally recommend Nexus 7 http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

I have a pandigital tablet.
    It's probably even lower hardware wise than your tablet, and it runs extremely low version of android - so don't get this one if you want to use latest features.
    They have their own store ... I don't even go there, I used it on vacation for internet browsing (it does that fine).

You have to understand that android supports very bad hardware and very good hardware. If you expect latest+greatest, you'll have to pay up.
    Great thing about iPad is you know what you're getting - with android you have to do a lot more research.
    Great thing about android, is you can buy inexpensive tablets - but they won't do everything iPad (or high end android device) does.

Hopefully you can get a refund then and if you're still looking for an Android tablet that is relatively cheap, high-end and pretty accessible. I personally recommend Nexus 7 http://www.google.com/nexus/7/
    I agree, I have a nexus 7 and it's pretty awesome. I don't use it much though besides web browsing and some basic games

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know what it is ?

Is a gift from my mom for x-mas and that she want me to be somewhat happy * even thought i have a f### up life also i do have my dark view of people and societies *

plus some crackhead stolen my laptop in 2011's by opening my window

so i was VERY surprise when she going to buy this on flex pay even thought is a $100 tablet

but i don't want to disappointed her * even thought she ask me about this tablet * and i lied about i am playing with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, listen to this person. Love my Nexus 7.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 02:06 AM ----------

you know what it is ?

Is a gift from my mom for x-mas and that she want me to be somewhat happy * even thought i have a f### up life also i do have my dark view of people and societies *

plus some crackhead stolen my laptop in 2011's by opening my window

so i was VERY surprise when she going to buy this on flex pay even thought is a $100 tablet

but i don't want to disappointed her * even thought she ask me about this tablet * and i lied about i am playing with it
    Well, there's still decent tablets at $99. Acer is suppose to be coming out with a $99 7" tablet early in 2013. Though, some speculation is a U.S. version won't be released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post

company is saving money by using the free android OS, which makes them able to sell it cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by watsn View Post

What? 10chars

What? 10chars
    It's a bot. "watsn" is doing nothing but posting random spam and copying posts from earlier in the thread.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me a bots ?

REAL HUMAN !

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Yes, listen to this person. Love my Nexus 7.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 02:06 AM ----------

Well, there's still decent tablets at $99. Acer is suppose to be coming out with a $99 7" tablet early in 2013. Though, some speculation is a U.S. version won't be released.
    i live in a REALITY WORLD...............that i can't afford a nexus 7 sorry

i live in a REALITY WORLD...............that i can't afford a nexus 7 sorry
    Do all the people who own nexus 7's not live in reality suddenly? Clearly I should have asked for one of those for Christmas, I could do with some unreality in my life.

The point remains that with a tablet you're going to some extent get what you pay for. Your original question was whether you were ripped off and the answer is maybe, the product isn't as advertised and you can probably get a refund on that ground, but at the same time your expectations of a $100 tablet are maybe a bit high, and it's hard to tell what you mean by being ripped off sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when can you get a good quality tablet for under $100? Clearly the OP does not live in a "reality world"
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    I have a suggestion.

Get your money back or somehow save up 150 more with the previous 100 dollar for a Google Nexus 7 tablet. That is a good tablet.

Really all it takes is patience to save up.