Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh look another they nerfed my class and that's why i no longer play WoW anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I liked Shockwave being a back-up interrupt if my Pummel is on CD and I couldn't rely on pug dps to interrupt, especially since Pummel is now 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds. Was extremely helpful in Halls of Origination, Vortex Pinnacle, and ZA back in Cataclysm.

I'm hoping that when 5.2 goes live that Shockwave will function differently for Protection versus Arms and Fury; namely not additional 20 second cooldown triggered if less than 3 targets hit.
    Right, and it would have completely sucked to have to deal with in Cataclysm. But we aren't in Cataclysm, and none of the 5 mans we have now are even remotely close to that level of challenge. Your point about it being a back-up interrupt only applies to trash, but I see it nonetheless. Regardless, for single-target/boss tanking, it shouldn't be missed by any tanks. And boss tanking is all that matters, trash is just a time killer.

My point, though, is that in today's game, you, as a tank, do not require that level of control over mobs. If you did, don't you think every other tank would have a cone or AoE stun? And while yes, some tanks can spec into talents that bring similar control, none of them come to mind that have less than a 40 sec. CD. In other words, I'm sure no prot warrior will truly suffer dealing with the 40 sec CD if they use it single target it. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    What's even more annoying is things like CC have been like that ages. And the world did not end.
    There was more CC added in MoP. Straw that broke the camel's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Solution : Replace shockwave talent with throwdown(maybe with a smaller cd than cata). Make shockwave baseline for prot.
    I'd be okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    2nd wind nerfed, and impending victory/enraged regen not touched.... im getting scared now.
    I believe Enraged Regeneration was buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure the nerfs are not gonna kill the class 1% less heal and a 20 sec CD on an OP stun seems legit to me.
    Yeah, seems fine. Certain people, also suspiciously in this thread, said the same thing about Avatar, TfB, Dragon Roar, Gag Order; those sly people screamed to the high heavens it was the end of competitive warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    again, the wrong things are addressed -

no penalty in staying in D stance
    Yeah...I would say D stance was worse then Second Wind. But they dramatically lessened the rage gained by staying in 2nd Wind, so there's at least SOME trade off now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    While I agree that Shockwave was too good for Arms, I do not understand why they add such a stupid mechanic in order to reduce the cooldown.

Add a new passive to protection called something silly like Crowd controller that reduces the cooldown by 20 seconds. Done. Nerf for PvP Arms as intended, no change to Protection PvE ( unless Protection PvP was overpowered aswell? )
    Cause this nerfs Arms in PvE, by removing utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    It could be simpler than that, since multiple Talents across classes scale slightly differently or alter their effect based on class.

Just split it Shockwave (Arms, Fury) and Shockwave (Protection). If that seems clunky and unclean, well, compare that to the current solution.
    This is what I would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by nmarez View Post
    Well seeing that most of the classes are getting buff and warrior is getting nerfs means that other classes will surpass warriors. So NO these are not good changes. Besides "will still have high damage"? Are u retarded? Without cd's warriors dmg sucks.
    I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be pleasantly surprised by how the new TfB works out. You *can* use it to raise your sustained in PvP, or save it all for deadly amount of burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Honestly, it's about time. I want every class to be competitive. Competitive, but balanced.
    Me, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 talent system too rule them all.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be pleasantly surprised by how the new TfB works out. You *can* use it to raise your sustained in PvP, or save it all for deadly amount of burst.
    Let us not forget the straight buff to slam's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Let us not forget the straight buff to slam's damage.
    Keep in mind that they have to do that, after simply removing Heroic Strike "from the bars" from PvE Arms warriors (and PvP just for off the GCD snare with the glyph). Heroic strike with 1 TBF really equals that new slam by damage and even after that overpower damage still sucks, so instead of us using HS they're forcing more slams on our rotation. While it's fine it probably won't raise the overall damage at all. because you're forced to wait that 1.5s GCD each slam.
    Actually stuff like Bloodbath will just get weaker for Arms, because you can't have luck and align high TFB stacks inside those anymore. Burst all gone, while the overall damage is simply as weak as before. Stormbolt does even it up a bit and probably will be PvE choice for Arms next patch. Maybe we will see some funky cleave usage instead of HS just to buff the overpower damage by overpower glyph, hehe (not really though, because of weak rage income).

Although one can argue that next tier weapons are going to "fix" that damage problem again.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-12-29 at 02:25 PM.