Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    you are a small minority and you expect them to cater to you? I don't see the point in doing scenarios either as they are a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    And this has what to do with my statements?
    I'm not going to speak for the person you quoted, but for me part, what it has to do with your statements is that you're complaining about content patches being smaller even though you haven't even done all the raiding that are currently offered in normal mode. So either a) you're just jumping on the bandwagon, demanding more content that you have no intention of completing or b) consider the tier completed once you've downed it all on LFR.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't see the point in doing scenarios either as they are a waste of resources.
    I disagree, I enjoy them and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do. There's nothing wasteful about having a diverse variety of pve instance-type content. I have not pvp'd at all this expansion, but I wouldn't call that a waste of resources.

Deleted
    you are a small minority and you expect them to cater to you? I don't see the point in doing scenarios either as they are a waste of resources.
    People doing 5mans are a minority? If anything raiders are a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    People doing 5mans are a minority? If anything raiders are a minority.
    I don't raid, do 5 mans, or do scenarios or dailies. I randomly PVP and do the LFR. Who runs five mans because they are fun? That's like the huge flop that challenge modes have turned out to be.

Deleted
    I don't raid, do 5 mans, or do scenarios or dailies. I randomly PVP and do the LFR. Who runs five mans because they are fun? That's like the huge flop that challenge modes have turned out to be.
    5mans generally are fun to me. The problem for me is to do something over and over again to the point where it bores me. Then I just stop. The same problem exists with LFR, however. There are still more people doing 5mans than doing raids. I'm sure you did 5mans. How else did you get the gear to get into LFR.

and challenge modes are hardly a flop. they simply dont cater to those who dont wish to push their class ability (and seriously, you NEED actually gameplay skills and tricks to get past them on time).

Its like saying that space travel is a flop because such a small percentage of humanity have gone into space.

Doing 5 mans is not a minority. Its an aspect of the game that many perform. "what you dont like or do" =/= minority.

However i dont believe Each And Every raid patch requires a bunch of 5 mans to go with. I'am alright with the Thunder King raid not having 5 mans to go with. Its a non-issue to me.

And i dont care how many 5 mans the other expansions had. The "rehash doenst count" arguement is ridiculous, its been ridiculous since it was brought up the first time it was done. The remade 5mans are continuing the story of those areas in relation to changes to the world and our previous attacks. I enjoy seeing the results we caused after attacking the dungeon plotwise as well as changes incured by the events of tbc, wotlk, cata. Plus we werent given the same dungeon, we were given entirely new mechanics and mobs to deal with. The scholomance 5man is amongst my favourites, i really liked the deathknight lady and the gradually-more-insane scarlet crusader quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    And i dont care how many 5 mans the other expansions had. The "rehash doenst count" arguement is ridiculous, its been ridiculous since it was brought up the first time it was done. The remade 5mans are continuing the story of those areas in relation to changes to the world and our previous attacks.
    Well, those "new" old instances are made at a cost of old instances, and they are basically the same, but being severely cut down in size and atmosphere, especially suffered Scholomance - over 50% of instance was simply removed. So instead of giving more instances, they cut down on what we already have and even trying to reintroduce cut-down version as something "new".

Here is how revamp could be done:
    - We added 3 more halls, special cellar and 5 more rooms to Scholomance with bosses tying it with story of emo-undead Lilian.
    - Scholomance now has heroic version of it - knowing that some people have run this place to death many times, we made an option to not make Scholomance (and hc versions of other classic instances) to roll as random dungeon.

Not only "rehash" doesn't count, it is actual reduction of already available dungeon content. I can name you 2 secret items bound to special quests in classic Scholo + special boss, summoned by item from separate questchain, who drops some pieces of special pvp-optimized set for low levels + all questlines which were bound to this place. "New" Scholo is piece of streamlined crap (sry for this word) with nothing remarkable about it. 1 short questline to go through tunnel and kills bosses in severely cut-down version of instance - how does it compare to what was that instance before? I would have nothing against this rehash if at least classic version was left intact, but it was replaced by this garbage (though questlines were already ruined in Cata, but at least instance itself was less or more intact).

Some more 5-men needed. It is not necessary for them to drop t14 quality loot. They are needed because MoP completely didn't deliver in what concerns dungeons.

Deleted
    I hope there will be some new 5-men soon !!! Need more Action between the raids... farming dailys isn't realy the big whoop... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    All you blizzard white knights amuse me. Blizzard offers less and less content to us and you rationalize for them. Less and less content but not for less money. You want some new 5 mans to do? Here we got some more daily quests for you. Blizzard might as well be spitting in our faces.
    Except for the fact that they are releasing a HUGE raid along with 4 or 5 scenarios as well as an Isle of Q type questing area.... In the past, they had to release a few heroic dungeons because large amounts of people couldn´t see the raids. Now they have LFR which everyone can do. They can make the raids bigger, but they don´t need the heroic dungeons.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Well, those "new" old instances are made at a cost of old instances, and they are basically the same, but being severely cut down in size and atmosphere, especially suffered Scholomance - over 50% of instance was simply removed. So instead of giving more instances, they cut down on what we already have and even trying to reintroduce cut-down version as something "new".

Here is how revamp could be done:
    - We added 3 more halls, special cellar and 5 more rooms to Scholomance with bosses tying it with story of emo-undead Lilian.
    - Scholomance now has heroic version of it - knowing that some people have run this place to death many times, we made an option to not make Scholomance (and hc versions of other classic instances) to roll as random dungeon.

Not only "rehash" doesn't count, it is actual reduction of already available dungeon content. I can name you 2 secret items bound to special quests in classic Scholo + special boss, summoned by item from separate questchain, who drops some pieces of special pvp-optimized set for low levels + all questlines which were bound to this place. "New" Scholo is piece of streamlined crap (sry for this word) with nothing remarkable about it. 1 short questline to go through tunnel and kills bosses in severely cut-down version of instance - how does it compare to what was that instance before? I would have nothing against this rehash if at least classic version was left intact, but it was replaced by this garbage (though questlines were already ruined in Cata, but at least instance itself was less or more intact).

Some more 5-men needed. It is not necessary for them to drop t14 quality loot. They are needed because MoP completely didn't deliver in what concerns dungeons.
    You are pretty stupid if you think the ´rehashed´ dungeons are rehashed. Tell me, explain the bosses from the orginal? Every boss is different, different mechanisms.. For Scholomance, you have the whole Lilian Voss thing.. you know.. but she is just rehashed from the original, right? Same with Scarlet Monastery... yep, I completely remember walking behind arrow targets... Those two heroics were sooooo easy in 5.0 because heck, the boss fights were all exactly the same? right? I knew exactly what to do.

The ONLY thing kept the same with Scholomance and SM were the names and some of the decorations. Every boss was almost completely changed. Even the maps were completely changed. Even in Catacylsm, all the ´rehashed´ heroics had completely different boss mechanisms.. or did I somehow forget swinging on a rope off of an exploding boat from the original.

People are just stupid with this ´rehashed´ stuff. They are completely different bosses and dungeons, and almost all of them have different stories in them now.

agree with you OP. i like dungeons for my alts, or to do achieves in, heck they coulda kept 463 ilvl i woulda been happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    [/COLOR]

You are pretty stupid if you think the ´rehashed´ dungeons are rehashed. Tell me, explain the bosses from the orginal? Every boss is different, different mechanisms.. For Scholomance, you have the whole Lilian Voss thing.. you know.. but she is just rehashed from the original, right? Same with Scarlet Monastery... yep, I completely remember walking behind arrow targets... Those two heroics were sooooo easy in 5.0 because heck, the boss fights were all exactly the same? right? I knew exactly what to do.

The ONLY thing kept the same with Scholomance and SM were the names and some of the decorations. Every boss was almost completely changed. Even the maps were completely changed. Even in Catacylsm, all the ´rehashed´ heroics had completely different boss mechanisms.. or did I somehow forget swinging on a rope off of an exploding boat from the original.

People are just stupid with this ´rehashed´ stuff. They are completely different bosses and dungeons, and almost all of them have different stories in them now.
    The 'rehashed' dungeons do keep the same layout, just some extra stuff hre and there.

In SM they glue'ed the GY to the LiB (they might have gotten that piece of map from before tbc even i guess).
    I'm not gonna say it is lazy content, but designing a "new boss" doesn't take as much time as designing a whole new artistic dungeon.
    I bet they can even copy paste abilities from some raid bosses on to 5 man bosses and get it over with without too much hassle.

**SM (both) and scholo are my favo heroics this x-pac btw

Deleted
    so hilarious the amount of people who want WoW to be like TBC and now complain about the lack of new dungeons. hello??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    so hilarious the amount of people who want WoW to be like TBC and now complain about the lack of new dungeons. hello??
    what's your point? TBC was packaged with a ridiculous amount of dungeons from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will still be the current LFR and the next LFRs. Why add dungeons with updated gear that is at the same peak as the current LFRs? Dungeons are to easy and blow through them tons of times and then are complained about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    There will still be the current LFR and the next LFRs. Why add dungeons with updated gear that is at the same peak as the current LFRs? Dungeons are to easy and blow through them tons of times and then are complained about.
    LFR is just as easy. Compared to how hard Halls of Reflexion was when it came out in WotLK, probably easier. It's not so much about "we need something to give us gear easily" as it's just "5mans can be cool content"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This is exactly what they promised, smaller more frequent content patches. And if you assumed that each content patch meant another raid tier, then that was dumb of you.
    I did not assume anything. They did how ever over hype the MORE CONTENT FASTER!!!!!!!
    I do not think 5.1 should have had a raid tier but it should have had more content than dailies and the brawler's guild

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:58 AM ----------

You call someone a Minority with out any statistics to back it?

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I'm not going to speak for the person you quoted, but for me part, what it has to do with your statements is that you're complaining about content patches being smaller even though you haven't even done all the raiding that are currently offered in normal mode. So either a) you're just jumping on the bandwagon, demanding more content that you have no intention of completing or b) consider the tier completed once you've downed it all on LFR.
    Well first off I am not complaining merely saying my opinion. You should learn the difference between the two. Second off I never said what my personal raid progression was or is so do not assume I have not done normal mode raiding to try to justify a straw man augment.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-29 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with new dungeons is the new gear.

The gear quality should stay BLUE or RARE from dungeons.

Because it goes too Epic then that means enchanting goes to complete shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I did not assume anything. They did how ever over hype the MORE CONTENT FASTER!!!!!!!
    I do not think 5.1 should have had a raid tier but it should have had more content than dailies and the brawler's guild
    I don't recall anyone from Blizzard ever saying we would get MORE content faster. Just that we would get the content that they create faster. Which is exactly what they have done. In WotLK/Cata, 5.1 would have all the stuff it did, plus all the stuff in 5.2 and would not have come out until Feb/Mar. It seems people heard "faster content patches" and assumed that the content patches would be the same massive size the community had become accustomed to, then further assumed that since the length of the expansion would likely be about the same, that such a patch release schedule would mean they would put out more patches. Thus more content. In all fairness, Blizzard probably should have clarified that they were going accomplish the faster release schedule by separating the non-raid content into it's own patch and release it first, then release the raid content in a later patch.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    The problem with new dungeons is the new gear.

The gear quality should stay BLUE or RARE from dungeons.

Because it goes too Epic then that means enchanting goes to complete shit.
    because we really need to throttle the amount of sha crystals that get made daily right? epics in LFD dont hurt anyone, except greedy fmers that raise the prices to 2000g each.

the thing is, blizz has been giving us new dungeons like clockwork around patches. (argent tournament/icc frozen halls) (cata Zandalari/ 3 Hour of twilight)They gave them so often we feel like we deserve some nicer items.. perhaps with a min ilvl of 463 and gear that drops at 485/483 or something.. who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    This is only 5.2 people, calm down. Blizzard is going to be releasing new LFR content that will take all of your "Dungeon" time for now. They are releasing patches more often, I think you all are still afraid of what happened at the end of Cataclysm. (Yes, I know - what a mess that was). There will be tons more to do as this expansion goes on.