Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well, remembering Deathwing in cata how he would randomly come to a zone and bombard it with flame and kill everything there. The players who whined about the the zombie invasion did the same with deathwing apparently 'spoiling there leveling'. For me, I got a huge kick out of seeing the silhouette of deathwing appearing on the horizon, and the fear of knowing if he was coming this way, I'd be dead. That actually made leveling far more interesting.

however I never recall seeing him appear in starting zones or over major cities, so it wasn't even a world wide feel to deathwings attacks.
    Oh yeah, loved that one. Unfortunately, it was still very seldom and only covered little bits of land actually. More of a small flaming of barren areas than a real WORLDBREAKER APOCALYPSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    going "places" due to game glitches is not really discovering tid bits as you say. It is the same thing as how you had the ghost-gryphon bug that allowed you to fly pre-cata yea it was "exciting" for people but not really what the game meant for you to experience.

ATM there is not big event because...well the horde/ally constant war is big enough. I honestly thign there will be cool story events in the future but we can all reminisce about the 1st time we did anything...first pokemon game, first bleach episode, etc. It should not however cloud your judgement/perspective of what is here and now vs what you once did. What the LK even awesome? hell yea! would that annoy alot of people if it happened today...probably.

Deleted
    Karazhan Crypts was always my favourite, and unless they changed it very recently, still accessible. I won't post how to here, but you can find out if you really want to.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I always thought that was stratholme...
    Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I've never heard that brought up till now but that would make perfect since considering the entrances are on the side of the mountain.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I loved wall jumping and world boss kiting, but I didn't like the scourge invasions at all :-c

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    was the final nail in the hammer for me,
    Nice analagy. If the foot is ever on the other shoe I hope people don't poke fun at me!

So essentially you miss glitching the game out.

Why?

Everyone acts like the things listed in this thread were such a magical experience, when actually you did it/went to it, and that was it. Or you glitched onto roofs and killed people that couldn't reach you like a champ.

Far, far too much rosy-glassed nostalgia here.

The only place I ever really had much "fun" exploring was under IF. And that was just when I had literally nothing else to do. It was a time filler.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-29 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So essentially you miss glitching the game out.

Why?

Everyone acts like the things listed in this thread were such a magical experience, when actually you did it/went to it, and that was it. Or you glitched onto roofs and killed people that couldn't reach you like a champ.

Far, far too much rosy-glassed nostalgia here.

The only place I ever really had much "fun" exploring was under IF. And that was just when I had literally nothing else to do. It was a time filler.
    That doesn't mean the game is necessarily better off without these fun little glitches and easter eggs. WoW was much more organic in classic when compared to the streamlined version we have today, and in many ways organic was better.

Deleted
    There is nothing, and by god I mean NOTHING, that I miss more, than me and my friends making our way to Goldshire, quickly killing everyone there while we got onto the Goldshire Inn roof before any other players came. Then turning the inn roof into our own little fort, and sitting there, for hours on end, killing everyone who came to try and kill us.

Goldshire Inn PvP.

R.I.P.

15+ Year Old Account
    you want chaos? Play EVE online, a real mans game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    That doesn't mean the game is necessarily better off without these fun little glitches and easter eggs. WoW was much more organic in classic when compared to the streamlined version we have today, and in many ways organic was better.
    Glitches your way into a hidden area isn't an easter egg put in the game. An easter egg is something a developer purposefully hid for people to find, not people manipulating the game in unintended ways to find unfinished content.

There are still plenty easter eggs in the game.

I am not saying the game is or is not better off because of these glitches. I'm just saying they aren't as amazing as people ITT seem to "remember" it being.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-29 at 11:33 AM.

Chaos is fun till you're the one underfoot,as for zoning into unfinished zone the only one i ever did was the dk booty bay boat one that sends you flying, and i was promptly told by a GM "Dont do that again plz",i prefer the mostly stable mists right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifus View Post
    There is nothing, and by god I mean NOTHING, that I miss more, than me and my friends making our way to Goldshire, quickly killing everyone there while we got onto the Goldshire Inn roof before any other players came. Then turning the inn roof into our own little fort, and sitting there, for hours on end, killing everyone who came to try and kill us.

Goldshire Inn PvP.

R.I.P.
    Blizzard doesn't cater to cheaters and they never will, so I hope you don't think this opinion is somehow relevant to blizz's future.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great memories and many more could be mentioned. These days the community would probably qq about them for one reason or another....

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Blizzard doesn't cater to cheaters and they never will, so I hope you don't think this opinion is somehow relevant to blizz's future.
    He is reminiscing about fun times. You know...FUN??? Im guessing u were one of the level 13's who flagged and tried to fight a group of level 60's..

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 10:07 PM ----------

What does this have to do with blizzards future at all?

Hah, loved the zombie event do much. It's easily one of my top gaming experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    blizzard had given up on making events where the player made the rules
    Well the "gating" of players and "guiding" them is implemented in most of current games (atleast mainstream games). They just have to follow the trend.

Deleted
    I remember how my brother always found new places to bug himself up to, he even bugged himself out in Isle of Conquest and Arathi Basin and capped flags. One of the reasons he quit wow was because of this, much of the mysteries and fun stuff that the player made themself is gone now...

Deleted
    You can still explore. Yes, most of the outside unseen world (troll village for example) is gone, but there is still many places to reach.

Most of what we've shown on this video is still doable now. And contrary to other scoundrel communities we don't use our knowledge of the game to gain advandage over other players

Deleted
    I can't log in.

Is that chaotic enough for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    totally. kind of like how before cata, the story still have a sense of mystery to it, as did the world itself we got to explore.

I remember the day me and two friends wall jumped around the edge of old hyjal and got to the entrance of it, it felt like a real achievement, something not part of the games streamline story or questing, but a personal achievement.
    #boycottchina