Question Dark Souls 50% off

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition is currently on sale on Steam for 19,99€ (50% off)

I already have Dark Souls on PS3 and Xbox, but I am so sick of consoles and it feels so tedious just to boot up my consoles compared to my PC.

Now, the question is: should I buy it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wel.. even if you go buy it on PC. its is HIGHLY reccomanded that you play with with a controller. I tried it once with keyboard and mouse.... lets say the controls are a very bad port.

No Tusk Club.

Yes I am aware of that. But reason for me wanting to buy is so that I don't have to boot up my consoles to play it.

Just bought it and downloading it now. Can't wait to play it! Got my ps3 controller ready with xbox 360 controller emulator

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    ... lets say the controls are a very bad port.
    What this guy said. Friend of mine tried the PC version, hated it, I bought the PS3 version a couple of weeks ago and he says it's uncomparable. Dark Souls is one of those games that you HAVE to play on the console, or you'll lose your sanity trying

Game could be good but it gets 0/10 for the shitty pc port

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    What this guy said. Friend of mine tried the PC version, hated it, I bought the PS3 version a couple of weeks ago and he says it's uncomparable. Dark Souls is one of those games that you HAVE to play on the console, or you'll lose your sanity trying
    That doesn't even make sense...
    PC version looks and runs (if you have more than a toaster) better.
    Plug in a controller and it's all fine.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls
    For any problems.

Not available in my region.

:|

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Not available in my region.

:|
    Yeah, same thing here. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    please note that only the PC controller port is bad. But yea by using a controller that is fixed.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    Wel.. even if you go buy it on PC. its is HIGHLY reccomanded that you play with with a controller. I tried it once with keyboard and mouse.... lets say the controls are a very bad port.
    This fix on the same PCGamingWiki page for DSMfix - maps the right analogue stick to the mouse, making the camera movement much smoother.

49 mins left.

I think I'll buy it...

Still cheaper on Amazon! Atleast for EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    That doesn't even make sense...
    PC version looks and runs (if you have more than a toaster) better.
    Plug in a controller and it's all fine.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls
    For any problems.
    Running an i-7 processor with an Nvidia GeForce GT 540M (the 2 GB VRAM version). My rig is much more than a toaster ;D

But sorry, I'm a console gamer :P If it can be played on my PS3, it will be played on my PS3. Just the way I grew up, from Nintendo hand-helds to PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3.

PC was only ever used for RTS games (horrible on the console), FPS games (again, horrible on the console [for me] ) and MMORPGs. Rest was always, and always will be, console.

Despite what people will tell you, the PC port has several advantages. The major one is DSFix. The game looks great in 1080p and it has made the experience much better for me to not have framedrops in places where the console would have them (looking at you, Blighttown). I'd say it's definitely worth the money if you have a controller you can plug in to use. It's a great game.

I got it when it was $15 on Amazon, totally worth it. Use DSfix and any other mods/texture changes (like changing the 360 buttons to PS3 buttons), and you're golden.

Deleted
    Protip : use a controller with a very short cord and stay away from walls and other hard surfaces...

I lost a wireless xbox controller to that game.

also: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-P...6799356&sr=8-2
    (13.50 pounds = 16.50€ )