Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Dawnguard adds a quest involving the Dwemer ruins that leads you to a forge, with which the player can craft one of three items, one of them being a crown that allows the player to store the effects of a guardian stone inside it. With that I have an anti-mage that uses both the Atronach Stone and the Apprentice Stone. Combined with the Atronach perk in the alteration tree and the Necromage perk in the restoration tree, my character absorbs 100% of all incoming magic damage as magicka, and the apprentice stone's increased fire weakness in conjunction with the Dunmer weakness to fire and the vampire weakness to fire greatly increases the potential damage of an incoming fire spell, and by effect increasing the amount of magicka my character gets from each fire spell while negating any potential threat that the fire may have. The magicka regeneration boost of the apprentice stone helps to alleviate the 50% reduction in regeneration inflicted by the Atronach stone as well, to my character is able to steamroll mages while still being able to hold up against melee and archer opponents. This character is also specialized in one-handed melee weapons, so close up skirmishes aren't an issue if an enemy does get too close and magicka is too low.

It's a bit overpowered, but I enjoy it. Haven't hit level 81 yet - think I'm about 20 levels away - so I still have a ways to go, and I haven't maxed out any of the crafting skills yet.
    And there are no non-magical sources of fire to ruin your day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    And there are no non-magical sources of fire to ruin your day?
    Dragons. For some reason the higher level ones tend to break through, though they never do a great deal of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I went with ACE. Skyre changed too much of the game to my liking. "Not recommended for first time players" - I never got to level 50. Only ever been to Whiterun, Riften, Solitude and Winterhold.
    Yea, I don't like that about Skyre either. I only got the custom AI part of it and just patched something together from 15-20 custom mods, slower leveling, harder sneaking, fixed enchanting loops etc. I kept the vanilla talent trees though. No reason to fix something that isn't broken. Sure some find them boring or want to rearrange them but I only find a few things fundamentally wrong with them and it's hard to find mods that only fix these parts without making anything overpowered. For example in magic schools, all casting after novice (you have to take that to access other perks) are pointless as spells become free anyway, even without abusing any bugs or glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Does this mean you still haven't done the quest with Barbas the Talking Dog?
    Go to Falkreath NOW.
    Hahaha that quest. Barbas the stereotypical east-coast jewish dog. Amazing quest.

Soooo... In all of my playthroughs I completed the cival war questline before I ever progressed all that far in the main quest. This time around I haven't touched the war at all, and I was surprised when the main questline draws attention to this and requires some extra work.

I'm sure some of you already know this, but on the off chance some of you don't here's what happens.

With no progress having been made in the war Jarl Balgruuf is unwilling to help you capture a dragon because he fears Whiterun will be attacked. To get around this you propose a temporary truce, which involves getting Jarl Ulfric and General Tullius to agree to meet at High Hrothgar (and getting the Greybeards to agree to hold the meeting). I don't know if Ulfric or Tullius can tell you to go fuck yourself and pick a side, I was successful in getting them to agree to the meeting.
    At the meeting there is arguing and negotiating and they wind up turning to you on several matters. I was trying to be fair but... I wound up with the Empire trading Markarth for Dawnstar and the Stormcloaks giving restitution for a massacre they had committed. These terms were agreed on and I was free to use the dragon trap. War will resume once Alduin is dead.

That was pretty cool and all, but if they can put in alternate quest stuff like this then why is there nothing for wiping out the Thieves' Guild?

Hey guys. I just got Skyrim on the pc and am overwhelmed with the amount of mods their is. I played through the game first time when it was released on PS3. But never again after that. I was wondering if you could suggest some mods to improve/enhance gameplay. Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Hahaha that quest. Barbas the stereotypical east-coast jewish dog. Amazing quest.
    I hated that quest as a stealth, permadeath character:P That dog just ran and pulled everything and almost got me killed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:15 AM ----------

Can any RP "nerds" (sorry:P) give me some good advice what to do with Dark Brotherhood? I already decided to go with the antihero route. There are just so many evil quests. Start out as a pacifist pickpocket and a thief, trying to scrape by, then become a vampire at some point, go arrgh, do the Dawnguard questline and most of the evil quests, have a breakthrough at some point and become a antihero who doesnt just kill people and so on.

So joining DB basically fits, destroying also fits but I'd rather join them.. but I can't figure out what to do with them after becoming "good" again. Obviously I can stop murdering people for them but I cant leave them or get rid of that "insanity" where the corpse whispers to me. Being a leader of a bunch of murderers and having some secret torture chamber for extorting money doesn't exactly fit a good character or even an anti-hero.

So is there any other way to deal with it other than just killing Astrid and missing out on the quests? Even if you just stopped visiting them, I don't think they would just accept a "Im out, bye, it's been fun" note from a listener. I want a perfect playthrough and complete as much of the game as possible so that would feel unfinished or start to bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Quick question people, is it possible to betray Ulfric after finishing the stormcloaks quests?
    I ended up by siding with the dude since the empire tried to bloody murder me at game start, but damn, he is such an asshole too =/
    I don't think so. The only chance you get to kill him is when you confront him in the final siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, forgot to mention that. Only if you confront him during the final siege, fighting for the Empire. You can't kill him if you side with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so annoying - seems like something got borked and now I can't dismiss Lydia anymore. I uninstalled the follower mod, clean save, re-activated, nothing. Heck, even in vanilla (with zero mods), I can't dismiss her. But she isn't following me! She is just putzing around dragonsreach, yet her dialogue options are that of her "follow mode". Grr.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always kill her.

Deleted
    This is so annoying - seems like something got borked and now I can't dismiss Lydia anymore. I uninstalled the follower mod, clean save, re-activated, nothing. Heck, even in vanilla (with zero mods), I can't dismiss her. But she isn't following me! She is just putzing around dragonsreach, yet her dialogue options are that of her "follow mode". Grr.
    "set playerfollowercount to <#>
    0 Clears followers and allows you to recruit again."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    "set playerfollowercount to <#>
    0 Clears followers and allows you to recruit again."
    I did that and a whole lot of other stuffs - sent a lengthy post to the author of the mod detailing all the troubleshooting steps I took. Waiting to hear back, but honestly, I think at this point I can just ICly pretend that she was killed in battle - I really can't be arsed to load back 6 or so hours of Companion questing again. XD

Deleted
    I did that and a whole lot of other stuffs - sent a lengthy post to the author of the mod detailing all the troubleshooting steps I took. Waiting to hear back, but honestly, I think at this point I can just ICly pretend that she was killed in battle - I really can't be arsed to load back 6 or so hours of Companion questing again. XD
    Have you tried deleting Lydia and spawning a new one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried deleting Lydia and spawning a new one?
    Yup. Would you like me to copypaste my troubleshooting ticket? Teehee.

Something fundamental is broken in that savegame. Even in a modless vanilla game, I can't even recruit/dismiss (because I don't know what state she is in. show playerfollowercount returns 0.0000 - but I can't make her follow me, I can trade things with her though, odd. I can recruit another follower still, but not her). Eh, she fell in battle. I just have to make do without one. Playing Master without any magic - no enchanting, etc is HARD. First dragon gave me soo much trouble because I ran out of arrows.

Deleted
    Is there a console command to get rid of the bees?

I hate those things so much after putting many hours into decorating my house, then after finishing the greenhouse and coming back and hearing pots and jugs dropping. And what do I see? Bees! Everywhere, knocking stuff off the shelves and making a mess! I even tried picking them up and throwing them in the lake behind the house but when I came back, the house was again filled with even more bees and this time they also brought butterflies with them!

All I need is some way of stopping them from respawning. I don't care if I lose them as an alchemy reagent. They're just so annoying and make it impossible to decorate. They even come out of the greenhouse and knock things off the shelves and tables in other rooms too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there a console command to get rid of the bees?

I hate those things so much after putting many hours into decorating my house, then after finishing the greenhouse and coming back and hearing pots and jugs dropping. And what do I see? Bees! Everywhere, knocking stuff off the shelves and making a mess! I even tried picking them up and throwing them in the lake behind the house but when I came back, the house was again filled with even more bees and this time they also brought butterflies with them!

All I need is some way of stopping them from respawning. I don't care if I lose them as an alchemy reagent. They're just so annoying and make it impossible to decorate. They even come out of the greenhouse and knock things off the shelves and tables in other rooms too!
    http://www.lesspopmorefizz.com/img/Bees.gif

Let's not post memes
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-12-31 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few pages back someone linked a imgur post about someone who had graphic mods to the point that his skyrim looked like real-world photography. Been sifting through tens of pages before that to find the name of the mod(s), anyone know?

Deleted
    A few pages back someone linked a imgur post about someone who had graphic mods to the point that his skyrim looked like real-world photography. Been sifting through tens of pages before that to find the name of the mod(s), anyone know?
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2013-01-01 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
    Second one, yep. Gawd, so beautiful. My PC will explode, but watching those is so.... mesmerizing.