Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no more alliance :P

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The thing I'm missing (only getting bits and pieces of this) is:

Did the sunreavers actually authorize Garrosh marching troops through the Dalaran portals? That seems to be the excuse for this whole purging.

Speaking of purging, we shouldn't have killed arthas, they would have been perfect for one another.

-best dog-
    Hilarious video, but the whole quip about "they would have been perfect for each other" is just silly. Arthas didn't walk through Stratholme saying "surrender or die." He just killed. Jaina said "you have betrayed this city and its people, surrender or die" and killed those that put up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    There is no more alliance :P
    And there is no Horde. Only the Orcs and their indentured foreign armies.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is war. Both sides do acts that are questionable and morally "wrong".

Keep in mind that on a military level, this is perfect for the Alliance. By attacking the BEs, this forces them to reconsider their position
    with the Horde. Keep in mind that the Horde leadership is currently fracturing. With there being so little comraderie between the races
    of the Horde, in comparison to how the Alliance has been getting closer, attacking the BEs makes them think, "WTF, I thought we were
    a part of something, why aren't they helping us?"

It causes more conflict within the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    The Sunreavers helped the Horde get into Darnassus to steal the bell. This may have been the act of one single elf on their part, however he was part of the group and they had to be purged from dalaran. I like to hope when the betrayer is found, and alive, he will be punished for not only the crime of treason, but all the murders of the innocent we were forced to preform.
    Well, I think Lor'themar blames Garrosh for the Sunreavers being thrown out of Dalaran just as much as he blames Jaina.

I'm not sure if the other blood elves have managed to track down Thalen Songweaver or Fanlyr Silverthorn since their activities came to light, but I can't imagine it will be pleasant when they do find them.

At least now we have two possible candidates for bosses for Siege on Ogrimar.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Expelling your enemy out of your own city is nothing morally questionable or even wrong, they gave them the chance to surrender and took those who did as prisoners of war, and those who resisted were killed. Standard. Ally are so used to losing and doing absolutely nothing against the Horde, that when the time finally comes that they strike back in an appropriate manner, most of them are shocked and appalled.

Really sad thing to see.

I will say Jaina flipped pretty hard but she didnt kill any one unless they fought her, she just sent them to prision

The actions of the alliance push us to the Horde

Thanks Jaina for uniting the Horde (even against their will) on this difficult times we couldn't have done it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    The actions of the alliance push us to the Horde

Thanks Jaina for uniting the Horde (even against their will) on this difficult times we couldn't have done it without you
    You're right. Jaina's half-merciful rampage would drive me to join the faction that is allied with a people that kill civilians with biological weapons and is so sadistic with their violence that Drek'Thar refuses to be associated with any faction that would have them.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-28 at 08:07 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

the thing is now they don't have a choice but to stick with the Horde in huge part thanks to Jaina

Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    the thing is now they don't have a choice but to stick with the Horde in huge part thanks to Jaina
    For the Blood Elves specifically, that's true enough. One side's leader will do to you exactly what the Old Alliance did to you and the opposing side has the woman your people just made enemies with.
    [What's half of minor?]

This is war we will paint our banners with the blood of your women and children as the end justifies the means.

In all seriousness though I wish the game did give the option to further customize the age of your character, I would run around as a gnome killing Orc children simply because their height intimidates me.

Deleted
    to get the whole story you really need to play both sides. On alliance side you see Jaina argue with anduin that dalaran must remain neutral and she will not take part in the war against the horde or discriminate against the sunreavers in dalaran. Then as the horde we see the sunreavers turn around and pretty much deliver the bell to the horde by bypassing jainas defences in darnassus. Then again as alliance you see jaina discover that the bell was stolen despite her efforts to keep people out and with her you track back to the portal leading right back to dalaran. During the purge as alliance jaina dissapears to yell at the sunreavers leader, as horde you see jaina walking round dalaran teleporting the displaced sunreavers safely out of dalaran.

So to sum up from jainas point of vue she defends the sunreavers and goes against varians wishes. She puts theramore behind her and is determined to hold dalaran as a shining example of neutrality and cooperation. Then just days after defending the sunreavers she learns they have not only betrayed her and dalaran but have delivered a potentionally devistating weapon of mass destruction into the hands of Garrosh, who has already proven himself capable of mass slaughter with theramore. This is the final straw for her and she kicks the sunreavers out. She still isnt anti horde though (hell the alliance questgiver for the purge is a belf) but shes not as naive now.

After all what Jaina had to live through. I am not surprised, that she finally got angry at horde. Afterall she even gave her own fathers live just to create peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    its called war

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    During the purge as alliance jaina dissapears to yell at the sunreavers leader, as horde you see jaina walking round dalaran teleporting the displaced sunreavers safely out of dalaran.
    She walks around Dalaran for both factions, and she's teleporting the displaced sunreavers to the Violet Hold, not safely out of Dalaran. (though the Violet Hold is probably a safe place by now)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    She still isnt anti horde though (hell the alliance questgiver for the purge is a belf) but shes not as naive now.
    The Alliance questgiver is Vereesa Windrunner, a High Elf who doesn't really like the Blood Elves, and also opposed the inclusion of them into the Kirin Tor.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    what hes getting at, is that maybe the alliance shouldnt go down to garrosh's level??

because trust me, 85% of the horde also hates garrosh
    100% Agree there Noujou. I freaken hated Garrosh the SECOND he was put in charge.. I hate him even more now. Garrosh needs to go down. I don't even pve right now, but you know I'll be FIRST lining up in welfareland LFR to keel that nubcake.

-Dac

The silver covenant seemed very happy rounding up and beating blood elves by Jainas command

Deleted
    You just removed the traitors. You shouldn't feel guilty.

welcome to the game my good sir, ever since WC3 it's wandered into a sort of exploration on morality during wartime. that's not the only thing WoW is about, but it's one of the guiding lights of the story. so yes, both sides so some pretty dark stuff and both sides are pretty evil, they just choose different flavors of evil to indulge in and then dip themselves in their respective flavors of goodness and staunchly proclaim that their good outweighs their evil.

personally i think the Horde has a slight edge in the good department as most of them (ok maybe the Forsaken don't agree and i don't think the Goblins moralize at all one way or the other) consider many of the things they've done and do to be evil but try to atone. the alliance overarching seems compelling to stick to a "the ends justify the means" mantra and carry on.

so yes, what you did is pretty atrocious. it's not the first, nor the last, nor even the worst thing your character or faction will do in WoW. the Horde isn't any better(expect maybe subjectively) nor are they any worse (again expect maybe subjectively). you will both continue doing evil things to each other and then try to parade how good you are (maybe you save an orphan dog kennel from burning down. i don't know. earlier that day you were burning down some weird building filled with wolf pups so they wouldn't grow up to help the Horde...all in a days' labor)

it's one of them circular thingies...what are they called?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    it's one of them circular thingies...what are they called?
    Circles?
    ?