Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Sorry I don't get it, what do you mean only one trinket? Wouldn't this list suggest a ranking of trinkets by dps output of each trinket. Logically, but not necessarily, this would imply the best two trinkets are the top two (of course, excluding upgrade ranks).
    No, the list is simply the use of the t14 bis profile and default action list, with that one trinket alone equipped. It will make a difference if you equip another trinket and run the simulation again. For the most part it's a relatively good account of the individual benefit of each trinket, but not totally accurate in the sense that playstyle, a second trinket and real life applications can skew the results. As always, it's up to the user to sim for themselves if they want accurate numbers for themselves.

Deleted
    Hei guys, I'm bit confused about whole mastery vs haste builds...
    Could u check my gear and tell me if I need more haste? So far was going for pure mastery, last night redid smth with haste, but still wondering should I go more since my ilvl is not high....
    Btw.recently I got hc gloves(502 ilvl) but that would mean losing my set bonus so dont think it would be smart idea to equip them...

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:28 PM ----------

And forum doesnt let me to post my armory link, so if any good soul would like to help me I can send link in private mssg hopefully

Deleted
    What's best for arcane mages, Regails Crackling Dagger (Elite Normal) or Loshan, Terror Incarnate (Normal)?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    We should make a PoV thread to see different playstyles and specs in action.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

She wants to move...

*** This is in reference to Post #350 in the guide (pg. 18) ****

I just recently joined the community, and am very enthused to see the dialogue happening here. It feels more than a "monkey see, monkey do" community, and I am learning from the various perspectives. Please forgive my inquiry, but I want to be as thorough as possible. I am currently running a haste-oriented build, and am able to reach the 21st tick of NT during a BL/TW phase while raiding. I tried reforging my excess haste into mastery (still keeping that plateau) yesterday evening and I did not like the feel. My question is should I wait for more gear that naturally has more mastery, or try to reforge from mastery to get closer to GCD? My character's name is: Neimara
    Last edited by Alione; 2012-12-28 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Referenced post is no longer directly above my reply

A lot of people will say the more haste the better. I feel as though I personally have too much for that playstyle, but I keep it because I've been playing around with invocation. I believe that with the eot trinket, the best plateau to shoot for would be the extra nt tick at roughly 9158.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are Haste and Invocation working for you Dream? I've been thinking about trying it, but honestly I'm too scared to do it now that I have Mastery on most gear + reforged on every other item that didn't have it. Losing 10-15% flat damage on top of 10% more by going for Frost Armor still seems just too risky. I suppose testing it in LFR over the weekend might be worth it, but... I don't know

It's viable. It does very well on heavy movement fights, better than rune imo, but rune is just as good if not maybe a bit better when you can stand in the rune a majority of the time. I suspect they'll be a lot more even in 5.2. There is a steep learning curve, I still sometimes catch myself trying to weave in scorch or screwing up an evocation because I wasn't watching timers for boss abilities I had to move for. But it's a fun way of playing arcane especially nice when you have lust off the bat because the burst can be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    It's viable. It does very well on heavy movement fights, better than rune imo, but rune is just as good if not maybe a bit better when you can stand in the rune a majority of the time. I suspect they'll be a lot more even in 5.2. There is a steep learning curve, I still sometimes catch myself trying to weave in scorch or screwing up an evocation because I wasn't watching timers for boss abilities I had to move for. But it's a fun way of playing arcane especially nice when you have lust off the bat because the burst can be insane.
    do you have any wol so i can look into it more please

gem prices are rocket high for some reason on my server -_-

btw you need a new avatar so it can makes you standout more :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's like this: Hit Rating + Expertise Rating = 5100 = Hit Chance 15%

It's however reduced by 340 (down to 4760) if you are: a Human wielding a sword, a Gnome wielding a sword or dagger or simply a Draenei.

This will automatically raise you Hit Chance (the percentage) by 1% on the character sheet so it might be easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    do you have any wol so i can look into it more please

gem prices are rocket high for some reason on my server -_-

btw you need a new avatar so it can makes you standout more :P
    I really want to get some logs done, but the holidays have been hard on our raid days and when we did raid the normal person who logged wasn't around. As soon as I can I'll get some for everyone to look at.

And yeah, my Sig was too big before so I'll have to find an svatar to stick out.

15+ Year Old Account
    We filled a raid and did some normal modes this week. as haste

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8e01z7lqdzew1uai/

did a lfr too
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rih0704seuvtdzy1/
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-12-30 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you always that ridiculously lucky? On Zor'lok you have 1 Barrage and 16 Scorches, on Ta'yak you have 1 Barrage and 1 Scorch. Where do I sign to sell my soul for such a Missiles proc rate? Or am I missing something and you guys are "cheating" with single Evocation ticks every now and then?

15+ Year Old Account
    No nothing really with single evocation ticks...

Scorches are put in when I move. Maybe 1 or 2 weaved in by accident.

I usually hold on to atleast 1 AM proc, to "weave" it if I go a bit without one... Only times I really use up "both" charges, is if NT is about to expire and I got near-full mana. Then if I'm lucky, AB plus refresh, there's my stacks again.

I also try to make sure I evocate with 2 procs, so when I'm 100% mana I can dump them.

Uh... during lust, most of the time I forget to Barrage before AT falls off.

During Blade Lord, when you "stack" if you're near the back of the cone you still take damage, but not the knockback > good for keeping that 6 stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then what do you do as your usual rotation? Just spam Blast and break it with Missiles when you have two procs? Coz I can't see that working so well for me. True, I have nearly 2k Haste less than you which affects my mana regen, but still.

Heh, it sounds like a terrible idea to play that way, but it works. Just spam ab and hit missiles when it's up, evocate when low and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    While disregarding the actual duration of Invoker's Energy?

More than 90% of the time, you'll need to evocate before the buff is even close to wearing off, so you don't need to pay much attention to it. When moving a lot you may need to evocate at a higher mana% to keep the buff up. Definitely don't want to let it drop ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. If I have the energy, I'll test it in LFR tonight (lost a 30 minute queue today when I went to open the door so I just pressed escape exit game). Byt this gameplay style smells... abominable

Abominable, lol, I like that word to describe it. My absolute favorite part of that playstyle is the increased burst. It's amazing during increased damage phases since it's just pure AB spam and you can't even notice the loss of damage from mastery if you're reforged out of it. Next patch will hurt a bit with Invocation damage bonus being reduced, but the cast time reduction and CD removal is a massive, massive quality of life buff for the spec that will probably be more of a buff than anything else.

If you get around to that LFR, Logs please, or even just screenshots of your dps and damage breakdown from recount/skada would work =)

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    We filled a raid and did some normal modes this week. as haste

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8e01z7lqdzew1uai/

did a lfr too
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rih0704seuvtdzy1/
    Finally got to sit and look at these, but they look promising. Uptime for Invokers on Tsulong seems really low for some reason, but decent on all the other fights. I definitely think you could pull some bigger numbers after getting used to it for more time, Probably #1 on all of those fights with enough time at the spec. My only questions, did you reforge with crit as a higher priority than mastery, or just use the normal haste arcane reforges? And how do you feel it measured up to the normal Rune playstyle?