Need help with ElvUi and other problem

Hey guys,

this is my first post on this forum, but I have a problem so I hope you can help me out.
    The thing is, I want to install ElvUi. The problem is however, I can't find my addon-map on my computer, because I downloaded the client from the site. The only thing I have in my WoW folder are logs.

I have other add-ons working with the curse client, so it should be possible to install ElvUi also, right?

Thanks in advance

The add-on map is located inside the "Interface" map. It is generated when you start the game, so it should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    Hey guys,

this is my first post on this forum, but I have a problem so I hope you can help me out.
    The thing is, I want to install ElvUi. The problem is however, I can't find my addon-map on my computer, because I downloaded the client from the site. The only thing I have in my WoW folder are logs.

I have other add-ons working with the curse client, so it should be possible to install ElvUi also, right?

Thanks in advance
    You have to get ElvUI from http://tukui.org/dl.php
    If you try and get it from curse client it will be a version well over a year old and won't work.
    I suggest you look harder for you wow folders. Should look like "World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Hmm yeah I look with the help from my computer for a Interface or AddOns, but it keeps saying no results. Can this be because I downloaded the client from the battle.net site?

It shouldnt be a problem, my own client is from the battle.net site and I have the maps. Are you looking on the correct disk? It really has to be in the WoW folder.

Did scan all my disks now, and have found it. It works now.

Thanks for all the quick replies, you really helped me with this!

Grats! Now make sure you follow bOOURNS his link for an up-to-date ElvUI.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    Hmm yeah I look with the help from my computer for a Interface or AddOns, but it keeps saying no results. Can this be because I downloaded the client from the battle.net site?
    Ofcourse you can, try to right click your WoW>Open File Location and you should have it, without the interface folder you cant play, also, have you logged into the game before? the folder generates once you've been online in the game(not login screen or character screen).

Deleted
    I'm also having a problem with ElvUI so I thought it'd be easier to post in an existing thread rather than making a new one when it isn't called for.
    Is it possible to change the size of the text in the chat windows? The option for editing the size of name of the channels and the information underneath is there just not the actual text in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardal View Post
    I'm also having a problem with ElvUI so I thought it'd be easier to post in an existing thread rather than making a new one when it isn't called for.
    Is it possible to change the size of the text in the chat windows? The option for editing the size of name of the channels and the information underneath is there just not the actual text in the box.
    You change it the same way as you would in the default UI. Right click the "General" tab above your chat and mouseover "Font Size". Do this for each Tab you have enabled.

Deleted
    ...I feel so stupid. Of course it'd be that. Thank you

...I feel so stupid. Of course it'd be that. Thank you
    Don't feel too bad. A lot of people don't think to try the default way expecting it's done within ElvUI. (which not sure why it isn't since you can control the Tab font size and everything else)

Deleted
    It was starting to hurt my eyes straining to see the text lol. Also, do you know what the buff bars counting down above the player frame are under? I'm struggling to see the amount of tigerbrew stacks as the font has a stupid frame round it.

It was starting to hurt my eyes straining to see the text lol. Also, do you know what the buff bars counting down above the player frame are under? I'm struggling to see the amount of tigerbrew stacks as the font has a stupid frame round it.
    Can you post a screenshot of what you mean? I'm confused by the part i bolded. Those buff bars are called "Aura Bars"

Deleted
    I don't know what I did but I seem to have fixed it, I won't be able to post a screenshot as I don't have a high enough post count.