Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i dont see rogue are bad in dmg http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html quite good in my opinion they just need remodel like the other classes
    (our rogues top the meters )

Deleted
    Dont worry. Everyone and their mother is rerolling rogue for 5.2. Next patch you will wish you never had this thought at all.

Fotm-rogue cata-style inc!

Quote Originally Posted by EuBayonetta91 View Post
    i dont see rogue are bad in dmg http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html quite good in my opinion they just need remodel like the other classes
    to me it looks like hybrids do more damage then rogues in every spec wl and mage top meters pure dps should do more damage then any hybrind class you just prove the exact opposite
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Can't you people see that rogues are, as always, slow at the start of an expansion and later on the strongest?
    That's a big part of the problem. Who wants to be crap until the end of an expansion? Going by the numbers i would have to say not many. I cant blame people who jump ship to another class. You know one that is actually good from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Any ideas on how to make stabbing someone more visually attractive? I mean, it's quite easier to design cool spells for casters, than effects for melee. That's why the rogue will always be bland for me.
    God no,every other class shines likes a christmas tree and that is really annoying the plainess of the rogue specials and atacks is what i really like

Deleted
    I find it interesting how many of you state that rogues aren't 'fun' or 'appealing' to play, but continue to do so.

Personally, I chop and change my 'main' a lot, but always find myself going back to my rogue after a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    I find it interesting how many of you state that rogues aren't 'fun' or 'appealing' to play, but continue to do so.

Personally, I chop and change my 'main' a lot, but always find myself going back to my rogue after a few weeks.
    Lots of people do this. Change mains to the current fotm and then go back to their original main when its buffed again

If you are in a progression raid guild, you cant chop and change mains every few weeks.

That being said, I play a rogue, and while we are boring, I am competitive within my guild, we are not bad, we are just boring. But I have held out in previous expansions, an will do so again as we scale into awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    pure dps should do more damage then any hybrind class
    Not in this game.

Deleted
    i dont see rogue are bad in dmg quite good in my opinion they just need remodel like the other classes
    To be honest, "quite good" on a patchwork fight isn't really going to cut it in 5.2. It’s true that rogues are towards the top on the majority of high uptime fights currently. however, if the combat cleave nerf goes live in 5.2, patchwork fights will be the only thing that rogues can do well at. They don’t do nearly as well in high movement/target switching fights, they will no longer have a powerful cleave and their aoe will remain middle of the pack. Unless they are able to take the number 1 spot on a patchwork type fight, then I can’t really see any plausible argument to take one in progress raiding.
    Last edited by mmocf5a0c232bd; 2012-12-30 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Sure in the end of expansions we might do well but that dosen't change the fact that we are boring. I would like blizzard to implent more shadowy effects for our abillties.

Deleted
    I'm rerolling my rogue for PvP and i'm enjoying him like no other toon. Stealthing around is just awesome and subtlety burst is pretty sick. Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

I don't think there are more rets than rogues. .
    Yes there are more Rets than Rogues. I think that Ghostcrawler knows what is going on in his game better than you.

The fact that there are more Rets than Rogues is because of Blizzard's blatant favoritism towards Rets after WoW 2.0 and especially due to Rets being buffed to God-Mode after 3.0 and continuously being OP since then, albeit a little less.

The apogee of that favouritism of Blizzard towards Rets, a plate armour Melee healing hybrid, is that now they have even more mobility than Rogues while retaining all their stupidly OP abilities such as Bubble, Lay On hands, and the ability to DPS you down while being bubbled up themselves, in addition to all the ranged abilities they have got baseline not forgetting a ranged execute ability and on top of all that retaining their excellent self healing and team-mate healing abilities.

In short terms, Ret simply has no weaknesses, this is why everyone has rolled Ret. And that is the result of several years of Blizzard constantly buffing the spec.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Any ideas on how to make stabbing someone more visually attractive? I mean, it's quite easier to design cool spells for casters, than effects for melee. That's why the rogue will always be bland for me.
    The rogue is a class that plays in the shadows. It's about time to incorporate this into their visual playstyle. Have an attack where two shadow images of yourself appear and perform the strike with your character then disappear into a puff of smoke, or an attack where you jump strait into the air and strike downwards with illusion hawk wings, similar to class FF's dragoon attacks.

Want to fix killing spree? Make it so the character themselves stand still in a concentration pose while shadowy images tear through the enemy instead of the player, giving off the effect of super fast speed. Boost the effects on finshers. If a rogue is able to get to 5 CP, it should be something to be feared. Revamp the visuals on these finishers to reflect that fear. When a 5cp eviscerate is cast, have a giant bloody X-slash animation tear through the enemy big enough for the whole raid to know you just pushed out huge numbers.

When assassination uses envenom, he's using a viscous poison attack. So show us that. Make our daggers glow bright with toxic venom during the duration of the buff and a huge splashing impact of poison when the ability contacts. Subtlety needs a new finisher to make it unique from the other specs, especially with its mastery being the way it is. Give it an over-the-top name like "Bloody Symphony" and have them do something visually appealing like backflip through the enemy similar to Rising Sun kick and then perform a rushing slash through the enemy back to their starting point, somewhere in the mix always guaranteeing that the damage is performed to the back of the enemy regardless of the players original position.

Little things like this would make the class so much more rewarding. Who cares if we're topping charts on every fight? Shouldn't that be lower on the priority list than actual enjoyment of the playstyle of the class? When an elemental shaman lights up with procs and crits, you can tell. They look like a goddamn thunderstorm. When a monk is on a roll with plenty of energy to spare, you can tell. They're all over the place, flipping and punching and summoning tigers for no reason. Give rogues something that just makes you feel bad ass for performing your rotation like the dance it should be. Make us feel badass again for a reason other than sapping someone or adding a few tenths of a number to our WoL score.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not the numbers. its how you get the numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The rogue is a class that plays in the shadows. It's about time to incorporate this into their visual playstyle. Have an attack where two shadow images of yourself appear and perform the strike with your character then disappear into a puff of smoke, or an attack where you jump strait into the air and strike downwards with illusion hawk wings, similar to class FF's dragoon attacks.

Want to fix killing spree? Make it so the character themselves stand still in a concentration pose while shadowy images tear through the enemy instead of the player, giving off the effect of super fast speed. Boost the effects on finshers. If a rogue is able to get to 5 CP, it should be something to be feared. Revamp the visuals on these finishers to reflect that fear. When a 5cp eviscerate is cast, have a giant bloody X-slash animation tear through the enemy big enough for the whole raid to know you just pushed out huge numbers.

When assassination uses envenom, he's using a viscous poison attack. So show us that. Make our daggers glow bright with toxic venom during the duration of the buff and a huge splashing impact of poison when the ability contacts. Subtlety needs a new finisher to make it unique from the other specs, especially with its mastery being the way it is. Give it an over-the-top name like "Bloody Symphony" and have them do something visually appealing like backflip through the enemy similar to Rising Sun kick and then perform a rushing slash through the enemy back to their starting point, somewhere in the mix always guaranteeing that the damage is performed to the back of the enemy regardless of the players original position.

Little things like this would make the class so much more rewarding. Who cares if we're topping charts on every fight? Shouldn't that be lower on the priority list than actual enjoyment of the playstyle of the class? When an elemental shaman lights up with procs and crits, you can tell. They look like a goddamn thunderstorm. When a monk is on a roll with plenty of energy to spare, you can tell. They're all over the place, flipping and punching and summoning tigers for no reason. Give rogues something that just makes you feel bad ass for performing your rotation like the dance it should be. Make us feel badass again for a reason other than sapping someone or adding a few tenths of a number to our WoL score.
    Finally somebody that understands the issue. Brilliant ideas.

Deleted
    Who cares if we're topping charts on every fight? Shouldn't that be lower on the priority list than actual enjoyment of the play style of the class?
    It depends on the context tbh. I really don’t see a raid leader giving a crap about our new flashy effects if we have no unique offering in terms of utility or damage.
    Don’t get me wrong, I think rogues really do need visual revamps and many of these suggestions would be great additions, but there’s still re-design issues which need addressing regarding our spec diversity.
    Post cleave nerf we will have: Assassination - A spec with high passive damage, which does well on single target, low switch fights with average AOE. Or, Subtlety: which does... Well, the same thing, and combat, which does the same also, but to a slightly lesser degree.

Deleted
    Since monks get the Storm, Earth and Fire abillity i feel like they could do something similar for rogues to fix our AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    What wrong with simplicity ? Dont we have enough Classes already where you have to Monitor 1000 things so your Spaceship does its Job properly ?. I enjoy Rogue how it is(PvE pov) only the low Energy reg on Assa kills me. But i expect a revamp with the next Expansion
    There's nothing wrong with simplicity in a spec. There have been plenty of times (albeit not always) when classes have had the option of choosing a simple or complex spec, both of which were competitive (or at least viable in non-hardcore but steady progression). This is not the case. Back in Firelands, I swapped to Subtlety main and really enjoyed working to pull everything together the right way and run within ~2% of my other spec, starting behind it, and ahead by the end of the tier. With the changes to subtlety, the element of "surprise" gone from combat, and the unfailingly predictable slowness of assassination (now with anticipation to remove most semi-difficult choices about spending CP or waiting), there is NO complex PvE rogue left.

"Want complexity? Reroll or pvp." I don't really find this acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That's a big part of the problem. Who wants to be crap until the end of an expansion? Going by the numbers i would have to say not many. I cant blame people who jump ship to another class. You know one that is actually good from the start.
    Try playing the role thats good at the start and falls off the cliff after we all get gear.