Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

Little sister beginning to step away from ''the right (drugs)'' path.

I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    Last edited by mmoc11dc8b724d; 2012-12-30 at 06:24 PM.

telling them they're an idiot usually works
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Drugs as in which drugs? Meth? weed? Alchohol?

Deleted
    Most teenagers experiment with drugs of some sort at some point. Don't be a condescending, misinformed a-hole about it. Talk to her about it in a civil way without stigmatising her. If she's just smoking a bit of weed and occasionally taking non-addictive substances in moderation and being responsible (she probably isn't seeing as she's 17 but that doesn't mean she's doing crack or on the road to being a heroin addict) then just tell her to be careful and do her research before getting into these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    17 is not a 'little baby'. She needs to make her own choices and mistakes. Tell her she's not make a good choice, but don't hound her on it.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

smoking a bit of weed on a holiday isn't exactly going to kill someone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    smoking a bit of weed on a holiday isn't exactly going to kill someone

Still a bad choice. It may not kill her but it's a bad choice nonetheless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Still a bad choice. It may not kill her but it's a bad choice nonetheless.
    Why? Non-addictive, less of a health hazard than smoking or alcohol....please, explain.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft... don't even stress yourself... it's just weed, but you should be curious who she's smoking with. If it's just her friend and they have an actual pipe or some REAL smoking piece, than you're fine... Any other drug and you might have to worry, but we're talking about weed here... hell i'll be smoking up tonight and tomorrow for new years... it's no different from people sipping on wine or having a beer... Besides, I'm a straight A when it comes to weed, which isn't hard... it's not like she's going to go buckwild... if she's fairly new to weed, she'll probably take a partial hit or two and relax on a couch. If that's what you're worrying about bro, don't stress it... she's just getting high on weed, nothing to see here.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why? Non-addictive, less of a health hazard than smoking or alcohol....please, explain.
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I wouldn't say weed isn't addictive, it can be very addictive psychologically and can be pretty bad for your psychy too. I've got friends who can't go a day without smoking, and a few who have tried to stop because it gets in the way of things (severely reduces motivation etc) with resulting withdrawel, including cold sweats, nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, the list goes on. It's not the most dangerous of drugs we'll agree on that, but it's still a drug and it's not as benign as a lot of people like to claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not up to you. But your parents to raise her right. If you don't think its a good idea mention it to them, and at most say you disaprove to her and leave it at that for now. If it gets to become an actual addiction then you can intervene, but until then its part of growing up to experiment with borders and boundries.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this is apart of growing up. Nothing you can really do.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

You know, I agree. This is why I don't have a problem when my 7 year old nephew hits his 6 year old sister with a bat. He could be hitting her with a car instead for god's sake!

People should only do unlawful things where a moral imperative becomes paramount to the law. Smoking pot, to me, is not the same as refusing to go to the back of the bus. The fact that the law may be stupid or arbitrary is not a good reason to not follow it.

My advise? 1) you had no right to look at her phone so anything you say will be ignored for that reason and 2) she will ignore you anyways because she is a teenager. If I were you, I would send her an email admitting you should not have been looking at her phone and apologizing for that and then explaining that while you recognize it is her decision to do what she will with her life and you will respect her decision, you are concerned for her for whatever the reasons you are so concerned.

I agree that pot is not dangerous. I agree that alcohol and smoking is worse (and I don't partake of either). But one of those is illegal (actually all three for her). Breaking the law is what is at question here. I would not hire a pot smoker. Ever. Not because smoking pot is bad in itself. But because the pot smoker, through his actions, demonstrated that he wont follow rules simply because he believes them to be stupid. Why would you ever want an employee like that?
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-12-30 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he can't explain, he's just another tool voicing his illogical opinion in hopes that one of his own kin will back him up with their nonsense ideology... most people like them are either trolling or just grew up completely sheltered from the truth... in their brains, it's perfectly acceptable for alcohol to be consumed in public, but anything labeled as a drug is different towards him. It's funny, people like them will look at a prescription drug and think it's fine, but when you say that's a drug, they get all offended and plead their case of how drugs are only weed, cocaine, heroin etc. It's better to not even indulge in conversations with their type, for you'll suffer from such a severe headache... due to all the bullcrap that they'll spew your way.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-30 at 08:56 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I have known many teenagers who started with weed and loved getting high . Then when the oppertunity came along they moved onto the next best high ...does not happen to all but ask ANY hard drug user what they started with and you will get 100% across the board they started smoking weed with friends in junior/high school ....btw used to be a Drug and Alcohol counselor.

It's been demonstrated to result in a drop in IQ if smoked before 18; perhaps explaining why most weed smokers debate with the eloquence of a bonafide idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Sadly this is apart of growing up. Nothing you can really do.
    I'm 24. I have never even smoked a cig. So no. It doesn't have to be a part of growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing a lot of credible sources to back up all these claims. Seeing some name-calling and disinformation, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    he can't explain, he's just another tool voicing his illogical opinion in hopes that one of his own kin will back him up with their nonsense ideology... most people like them are either trolling or just grew up completely sheltered from the truth... in their brains, it's perfectly acceptable for alcohol to be consumed in public, but anything labeled as a drug is different towards him. It's funny, people like them will look at a prescription drug and think it's fine, but when you say that's a drug, they get all offended and plead their case of how drugs are only weed, cocaine, heroin etc. It's better to not even indulge in conversations with their type, for you'll suffer from such a severe headache... due to all the bullcrap that they'll spew your way.
    Thanks for the insult.

Warrior-Magi