Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It is addictive. And you can do bad stuff when on weed. Friend of mine jumped from 3rd floor and broke his legs.
    Drugs is not a thing that should be considered as "mistake" that you "can" make to becoma an "adult" because it can fuck up your life really hard.
    Hate to break it to you... but I think your friend is just an idiot... weed isn't to blame here.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    SMOKING POT IS ILLEGAL. What do you mean there is nothing wrong with it? There is ALWAYS something wrong with breaking the law EXCEPT where there is a moral imperative to break the law. What moral imperative is at operation here that justifies your use of pot?
    OK so then by your logic smoking tobacco that kills sooo many people, including both my grandparents is fine while weed, which has medicinal purposes is bad? Which is morally wrong? Having something legal that kills or having something illegal which heals?

Deleted
    If they are just going to smoke weed, well you shouldn't be so worried about that but if you wana do something tell ur parents about that. But sharing this in mmoc is not the best way to help her if you must, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    For 2 very different reasons. You can't go around killing people with drugs like you can with guns. If you prohibited guns, SURE criminals would still get their hands on them, but the general public wouldn't be able to as easily, and a lot of them wouldn't want to obviously judging from how a lot of you people in this thread stick to the law without question. With drugs, it's a question of choice. Choice of what people want to put in their bodies and do with their minds. Drug use doesn't really account for much violence, except for that caused by prohibition. They're 2 completely different things that need different approaches entirely, and don't really relate at all.
    See, I disagree. If drugs were legal, I doubt that a huge majority of the population would go out and do meth. While the gun debate is a different topic, I'll say that neither of them could ever be successfully banned (would only empower the black market, in the case of drugs, TJ's looking mighty ugly). Criminals don't turn shit in, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    Addicitive? No. Habitual? Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    See, I disagree. If drugs were legal, I doubt that a huge majority of the population would go out and do meth. While the gun debate is a different topic, I'll say that neither of them could ever be successfully banned (would only empower the black market, in the case of drugs, TJ's looking mighty ugly). Criminals don't turn shit in, lol.
    That's what I'm saying, I'm pro-decriminalisation. But the guy was trying to compare drug use to guns. Ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    It still has behavioral addiction, making it worrying when people who are still developing and are very impressionable start taking it. And projected risks towards things like, your personal motivation to work and learn aside.... it is still illegal in 48 states, making her using marijuana a legal risk.

Perhaps basing your arguments on logic and reason instead of ad hominems would help. I personally ignored the greater part of your post because it started off with you ranting at another poster.
    Well when someone makes outrageous claims... even more crazy than someone saying drinking mountain dew is better for you than water... It's hard to act calm... it would be easier if he was joking, but the fact that people still believe in the gateway theory or portray weed as some harmful drug when there are legal things you could do that would end you up in a worse place... Because everyone here knows that weed is much much worse than cigarettes and alcohol... haha.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Completely harmless too, yeah? Science doesn't really agree with you.
    There are 0 recorded deaths due to THC/cannabis. Mind replying with something to counter that rather than throwing out strawmen?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love these threads. I really don't care if someone wants to smoke pot, but encouraging people to do so and acting like it's a good thing is just beyond stupid. Do teenagers experiment with drugs? Yes. Should they? No. The only answer to that question is no, any other answer is ridiculous. At no point should anyone be encouraged to experiment with illegal drugs. Or legal drugs for that matter except under the guidance of a medical professional to find the right amounts to fix whatever ailment they're suffering from. I'd say the same thing if someone was encouraging someone to consume alcohol.

OP: The best thing you can do in your situation is to mention it to your parents. They're in a better situation than you to deal with it. Your sister will probably be pissed off at you about it, but it's likely for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Well when someone makes outrageous claims... even more crazy than someone saying drinking mountain dew is better for you than water... It's hard to act calm... it would be easier if he was joking, but the fact that people still believe in the gateway theory or portray weed as some harmful drug when there are legal things you could do that would end you up in a worse place... Because everyone here knows that weed is much much worse than cigarettes and alcohol... haha.
    It doesn't make it right either. I go into heated debates all the time but I don't call people names and start ranting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps people don't die the first time because they take a small dose? Have you ever heard of an overdose? Take too much cocaine or crack and you will die, even if it's your first time.
    that comes back to your point, smart ppl know how to not overdose, i'm sorry but most commercial drugs that are taken regularly will not kill you unless you are a retard with them, alcohol causes more deaths than any other substance and its legal, smoking pot is relatively safe for the first couple of trys.. at least you probably have more chance of dying from a meteor hitting your house than dying from the first few joints.

There are 0 recorded deaths due to THC/cannabis. Mind replying with something to counter that rather than throwing out strawmen?
    I like to joke that a guildie in an old guild of mine almost died due to THC "overdose." He basically almost choked to death on his pipe while smoking weed during raid, and we could all hear it on vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Something does not have to cause deaths to be harmful; simply have negative effects.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/08/2...-a-drop-in-iq/

Go nuts. Completely harmless stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Non addictive? Allrighty whatever floats your boat.
    Addiction is something made up by people to keep things illegal. Theres no such thing. There are only weak minded people who use that term as an excuse to keep doing something that makes them feel good. I have done more than my fair share of drugs including coke, X, alcohol, and various pills. Some people would say I was addicted to them but I quit all of them, except for my drinking I just toned it down to moderate levels. I did it all cold turkey and without help. If people want to quit something then they should just quit. Theres no one holding a gun to your head saying keep smoking or keep drinking. Just stop doing it, it really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    that comes back to your point, smart ppl know how to not overdose, i'm sorry but most commercial drugs that are taken regularly will not kill you unless you are a retard with them, alcohol causes more deaths than any other substance and its legal, smoking pot is relatively safe for the first couple of trys..
    Of course people with a clue won't overdose. However, the guy I replied to was saying you couldn't die from using drugs the first time. I'm not arguing that it always happens, I'm simply saying that it can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It is addictive. And you can do bad stuff when on weed. Friend of mine jumped from 3rd floor and broke his legs.
    Drugs is not a thing that should be considered as "mistake" that you "can" make to becoma an "adult" because it can fuck up your life really hard.
    I'm willing to bet your friend's "weed" was laced with someone, or he may be crazy. Jumping off a third floor? WTF, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    she's 17, not a baby. she's only experimenting, not "heading down a path". you're 22 and you think this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Addiction is something made up by people to keep things illegal. Theres no such thing. There are only weak minded people who use that term as an excuse to keep doing something that makes them feel good.
    Which is why people actually die from nicotine withdrawel. Riiight.

Addiction is an actual and real thing. Denying it is pretty much attempting to deny reality. The thing about marijuana is it does not have chemical addiction, but it does have behavioral addiction. Ie, the same kind of addiction that you get for things like gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Something does not have to cause deaths to be harmful; simply have negative effects.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/08/2...-a-drop-in-iq/

Go nuts. Completely harmless stuff.
    Stop with the strawmen. I never said it was harmless, those are words you keep putting in my mouth because you're unable to debate properly. I said it's directly responsible for zero deaths.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000145

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Addiction is something made up by people to keep things illegal. Theres no such thing. There are only weak minded people who use that term as an excuse to keep doing something that makes them feel good. I have done more than my fair share of drugs including coke, X, alcohol, and various pills. Some people would say I was addicted to them but I quit all of them, except for my drinking I just toned it down to moderate levels. I did it all cold turkey and without help. If people want to quit something then they should just quit. Theres no one holding a gun to your head saying keep smoking or keep drinking. Just stop doing it, it really is that simple.
    *Facedesk*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi