Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question How is WoW doing since MoP?

Hello,
    I've been playing WoW since BC, I got MoP at midnight release, I loved it and played for about a month to 2 months then just slowly stopped.

I just have a few questions,

Is WoW Growing again or are people still slowly starting to leave?

World PvP was doing good when I stopped playing, is it still an active part of the game?

Lowbie leveling, can I find people to do lowbie things with still?

Is the world still alive or is it back to sit in a city and wait for ques?

I'd like simple constructive answers, thank you!

World PvP is more active in 5.2 with the Shieldwall daily quest areas, but may have decreased some in other Pandaria zones. Your mileage may vary based on your server.

The numbers for subscribers grew at the beginning of Mists and seem to be stable. Anecdotally, I haven't seen any friends or guildies quit the game since Mists' launch, and in fact have had several return, even as recently as last week.

Lowbie zones are more active now with cross-realm zones. You'll see more people in the zones than you would normally, and are able to group with them. Again, your mileage may vary depending on the willingness of others to group up.

The world is much more active than in Cata, but there are still people who sit in the city. Personally, I'm getting great use out of my TradeForwarder addon so that I can be out and about exploring, gathering, doing dailies, and working on my pet battling while watching for pugs and sales in Trade chat.

I don't find any point in doing dailies post exalted :/ except for my rogue but thats for achievements only (rep achievements). Other than that... It's alright I suppose .

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    World PvP is more active in 5.2 with the Shieldwall daily quest areas, but may have decreased some in other Pandaria zones. Your mileage may vary based on your server.

The numbers for subscribers grew at the beginning of Mists and seem to be stable. Anecdotally, I haven't seen any friends or guildies quit the game since Mists' launch, and in fact have had several return, even as recently as last week.

Lowbie zones are more active now with cross-realm zones. You'll see more people in the zones than you would normally, and are able to group with them. Again, your mileage may vary depending on the willingness of others to group up.

The world is much more active than in Cata, but there are still people who sit in the city. Personally, I'm getting great use out of my TradeForwarder addon so that I can be out and about exploring, gathering, doing dailies, and working on my pet battling while watching for pugs and sales in Trade chat.
    I've observed the same thing. I've had one guild member quit, but many are returning and enjoying themselves.

Deleted
    It might be server dependent, but I can tell you this:
    -there are tons of people everywhere on my realm for everything and at every level range. At times, it brings more bad than good. ( like hunting a rare for loot that drops only from him )
    -world pvp is like usual....people trying to do dailies, but they are getting ganked, lowbies attacking each other.
    -low levels everywhere.... I've been to Silithis, Un'Goro Crater, Blasted Lands, Wintergrasp for some mobs that have transmog stuff....was full of lowbies everywhere
    -the world is deffo allive. As I said, people everywhere.
    Ofc there are a lot of people still in the major cities / areas like Orgrimmar / Shrine of 2 Moons but, at least on my server . people questing everywhere / farming / hunting rares / exploring.

Please keep in mind that this can be different on how the population and the ratio of the factions or CRZ are on your particular realm.

Is WoW Growing again or are people still slowly starting to leave?
    We won't get definitive data until February, when the Q4 2012 sub numbers are likely to be released.

Activity appears to be down substantially from the peak after the release of the expansion; what this means is not yet entirely clear. The decline in activity may have slowed in the last month or so.

Raiding in normal modes is down substantially from the previous expansion (T11, T13) and participation in normal modes appears to be increasing only slowly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I play on Tichondrious (Spelling?) It's a full server, a lot of Alliance and a lot of horde, the ratio was 60% Alliance 40% horde last I remember, but the population is so high the amount of horde is insane.

The handful of super servers are active and healthy. The rest are dying off rapidly.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

I think it would make more sense for blizzard to combine servers instead of hopelessly expecting the many low population servers to majestically fill up.

Game is filled with PVP ganking on CRZ.

In terms of other aspects. Worst expansion so far in terms of endgame content. Very few 5 man dungeons. Scenarios are just bad and unintresting. LFR killed the feeling that raids actually were worth doing. Instead you just wait 1 hour in LFR Qs to get your guarantied random rolls per week. And random really means random.

Normal and heroic raids are close to dead wit LFR. And since Normals have been made harder and more complicated many guilds are dead cause ppl are forced into LFR instead.

The real issue with this Xpansion is ofc the core balance of roles that has been totally and utterly destroyed with high DPS driven content (dailies, Brawlers guild, scenarios for faster Qs). At the same time both tanks and specially healing roles are directly punished and are having to suffer extra with added system like itemlvl upgrade system that increases the gap between main spec and offspec gear.

So basicly - Blizzard screwed up big time. So much that healers and tanks are now just a minority group in the game and many are forced out and going for other games. Many have gone RIFT and are having a blast. It supports multiroles so much better than MOP and does not punish players for wanting to play something other than dps.

I say so far that MOP is the worst expansion yet - based on simple facts of core balance that BLizzard got horribly wrong when it came to 3 roles needed to play this game in the best way possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post

In terms of other aspects. Worst expansion so far in terms of endgame content. Very few 5 man dungeons. Scenarios are just bad and unintresting. LFR killed the feeling that raids actually were worth doing. Instead you just wait 1 hour in LFR Qs to get your guarantied random rolls per week. And random really means random.

Normal and heroic raids are close to dead wit LFR. And since Normals have been made harder and more complicated many guilds are dead cause ppl are forced into LFR instead.

The real issue with this Xpansion is ofc the core balance of roles that has been totally and utterly destroyed with high DPS driven content (dailies, Brawlers guild, scenarios for faster Qs). At the same time both tanks and specially healing roles are directly punished and are having to suffer extra with added system like itemlvl upgrade system that increases the gap between main spec and offspec gear.

So basicly - Blizzard screwed up big time. So much that healers and tanks are now just a minority group in the game and many are forced out and going for other games. Many have gone RIFT and are having a blast. It supports multiroles so much better than MOP and does not punish players for wanting to play something other than dps.

I say so far that MOP is the worst expansion yet - based on simple facts of core balance that BLizzard got horribly wrong when it came to 3 roles needed to play this game in the best way possible.
    You state this as fact? Yet the the majority of people says that MoP is the best expansion in a long time?

On topic, the game is more alive than it was in Cata, definatly worth comming back to.

Deleted

Haha you can't be serious? Never before has there been so many things to do. There is content for every type of player. And the raiding, it's an excellent raiding tier, Zor'lok HC is one of the best fight I've ever done.

This game is obviously not for you since none of the content Blizzard has created appeals to you, so please go away instead of spreading false information.

Deleted
    So far im loving it! I've been playing since Vanilla and i havent had so much fun since then.

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

More likely this is your server. Judging by the emails I get from Blizzard (about one a week) asking me to return with a price of 50% off on MoP, I doubt they're doing as well as you think. They wouldn't be throwing the expansion at people at half off this early into the cycle unless they're having issues.

It's pretty fun, my only problems stem from PvP balance, CRZ, and the playerbase.

CRZ only because it makes leveling my alts a pain in the ass. Waiting 5 minutes for respawns that are often nicked from me as soon as I try to pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerran View Post
    Haha you can't be serious? Never before has there been so many things to do. There is content for every type of player. And the raiding, it's an excellent raiding tier, Zor'lok HC is one of the best fight I've ever done.

This game is obviously not for you since none of the content Blizzard has created appeals to you, so please go away instead of spreading false information.
    raiding is well done but the rest is wrong. Endgame of mop is the worst expansion aside from raiding. I might recommend enjoying leveling once til 90 but once you hit 90 you can safely quit unless you want to raid

the most funny thing about the whole mess might be that the upgrade system will kill more potential players than it will retain. Noone wants to deal with a handicap for starting out later or having two weeks no time to play.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2012-12-30 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Haven't seen people leaving Mists so far,

I do notice more people leveling in CRZ, was in Stonetalon leveling a mage when i saw 4-5 other people in the same area, felt 'alive' to me
    however, a higher CRZ is a total b*tch for a player who wants to level in a zone on a alliance populated server if horde, getting ganked alot in Dread Wastes, but they can always transfer to another server (Blizz's evil plan to make ppl pay..)
    World Bosses are a mess atm imo, but 5.2 should deal with that

Overall WoW is doing pretty good since MoP, not hard to achieve after Dragon Soul though..

And it should be. Welcome to a PvP server.

There aren't any less 5 mans than Cata at release. Scenarios are an amazing addition, and if you actually want gear, LFR is a terrible option compared to normal modes.

No one is forced into LFR. Normals are doable in heroic dungeon gear and craftables.

Everyone has dual spec. If you can't be arsed to learn how to DPS, then that's your issue. My priest does good enough DPS for dailies in shadow spec wearing a healing set (with DPS trinks)

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post

Overall WoW is doing pretty good since MoP, not hard to achieve after Dragon Soul though..

Yet half the guilds that raided Dragon Soul have disappeared...

From 62k guilds down to 35k guilds that have killed at least one boss.

My server went from 117 guilds to 51 guilds raiding. Blizzard classifies this as a HIGH pop realm.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by duhchris View Post
    I think it would make more sense for blizzard to combine servers instead of hopelessly expecting the many low population servers to majestically fill up.
    this several million times, I play on karazhan-eu, a server of magic, when at peak times we have around 12 rogues, 20 hunters etc... (that's as horde, allies basically extinct there)