Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Frost 2h PvP - Use conquest to upgrade weapon before buying more pieces?

So as the title says, I will be able to buy the conquest weapons this wednesday and I have 1500 conquest with it so I can upgrade it twice. But is it worth it or should i save for another piece of gear instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Save it for another piece if you're still wearing any dreadful pieces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Save it for another piece if you're still wearing any dreadful pieces
    Are you sure upgrading it twice wouldn't be a higher dps increase than using the 1500 for buying malevolent armor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Are you sure upgrading it twice wouldn't be a higher dps increase than using the 1500 for buying malevolent armor?
    If you have a dreadful piece to upgrade, you're looking at an increase of nearly 30 item levels. If you are upgrading your weapon, it's only 8.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-31 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    If you have a dreadful piece to upgrade, you're looking at an increase of nearly 30 item levels. If you are upgrading your weapon, it's only 8.
    All my dreadful pieces are upgraded to 466 ilvl, so it would be a 17 ilvl increase. Also, the 1500 conquest you would be using to buy gear, would be 250 conquest more than what you need to buy cloak, necklace, rings and bracers. But 250 less than what you need to buy for belt, boots, gloves, shoulders and trinkets.

So an 8 ilvl increase on a 470 ilvl 2h strength weapon would result in 271.4 increase in weapon dps, 74 strength, 111 stamina, 49 crit, 49 resilience and 345 pvp power.

So upgrading from an upgraded (466 ilvl) Dreadful Gladiator's Cloak of Alacrity to a malevolent equivilent of the cloak (which costs 250 less than what is needed for upgrade wep upgrade), would result in 89 strength, 139 stamina, 63 haste, 52 crit, 4 pvp power and 4 resilience. Looking at these numbers, I'd say that the weapon increase will result in a higher dps increase than buying the malevolent cloak.

But because it's 250 conquest cheaper, I'll do the same with boots, which cost 250 MORE conquest. So upgrading from upgraded (466 ilvl) Dreadful Gladiator's Warboots of Alacrity, to its malevolent equivilent, will result in 124 strength, 178 stamina, 70 crit, 91 haste, 7 pvp power and 7 resilience.

So comparing the 8 ilvl upgrade to the 17 ilvl upgrade for the boots, here is what you get in the perspective of the weapon:
    +271.4 dps increase (not counting in strength), -50 strength, -67 stamina, -21 crit, -91 haste, +42 resilience and +338 pvp power.

The 271.4 dps increase is obviously covering the loss of strength, and I would guess that +42 resilience is more valuable than 67 stamina, but I'm not sure on that one. And I would think 338 pvp power is more valuable than 21 crit and 91 haste.

So according to my calculations, even IF the 8 ilvl upgrade had equal cost to 17 ilvl upgrade to boots, it would still be a worse choice.

Do you still disagree, and if so, could you educate me of why?

i always am of the opinion that its weapon over armour for a melee class ... the harder you hit the faster it dies ... the more chance you have of winning because you didnt miss out on that kill etc etc ...

on my huntard i upped my bow 2 upgrade lvls the day i got it and ive not regreted it since

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about this too but I probably might just buy the weapon.

By the essay you just wrote I feel like you had made up your mind before you posted.

However it is my opinion to upgrade the weapon first, obliterate is best.

So as the title says, I will be able to buy the conquest weapons this wednesday and I have 1500 conquest with it so I can upgrade it twice. But is it worth it or should i save for another piece of gear instead?
    Increased weapon damage is superior to any stat increases armour can offer. Upgrade your weapon twice before getting more malevolent.*

Deleted
    Yeah, I had pretty much made up my mind. But seeing how not so many other DKs made that choice, I started to have my doubts. Also, Darsithis' posts weren't very convincing, so I did some work to find out which was best. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I had pretty much made up my mind. But seeing how not so many other DKs made that choice, I started to have my doubts. Also, Darsithis' posts weren't very convincing, so I did some work to find out which was best. :P
    My posts aren't convincing because you didn't link a profile for anyone to see. No one knew you'd already upgraded your dreadful gear. Nevermind that you already had the math worked out to prove a weapon is better so I'm really confused why you'd bother to post a thread about it. You already had the best proof in your hands.

Deleted
    My posts aren't convincing because you didn't link a profile for anyone to see. No one knew you'd already upgraded your dreadful gear. Nevermind that you already had the math worked out to prove a weapon is better so I'm really confused why you'd bother to post a thread about it. You already had the best proof in your hands.
    I didn't have the math worked out prethread, I just made the assumption that upgrading your weapon was more beneficial, so I just did the math because I was sceptical of your posts.

Also, I always assume people mean upgraded Dreadful because it's so fast and easy to get 1500 honor.

Deleted
    and Btw thx to his post i don't have to do the maths! SO THX ACROBATICMEGALODON.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not waste cp on upgrading tier 1, try rbgs if you cannot get 2200 in 3s or 5s.
    I know many bads who got their t2 that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I would not waste cp on upgrading tier 1, try rbgs if you cannot get 2200 in 3s or 5s.
    Is it really easy to get 2200 in rbgs? o.O

It is easy if you are grouped up with 9 other ppl who knows what to do and if you are a viable class for RBGs (which you are)

Hard part is to find that 9 other ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    It's not a waste. An upgraded T1 weapon will retain its upgrades even when it becomes a T2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's not a waste. An upgraded T1 weapon will retain its upgrades even when it becomes a T2.
    Is this true? Don't you buy the 2200 weapon seperately?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this true? Don't you buy the 2200 weapon seperately?
    I think the base malevolent weapon is needed to buy the 2200 weapon. When you buy the 2200 weapon you give your other one up. I believe, haven't done this as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I think the base malevolent weapon is needed to buy the 2200 weapon. When you buy the 2200 weapon you give your other one up. I believe, haven't done this as of yet.
    No. If you notice, you can use Valor Upgrade on T14 tier tokens, which uses the same vendor turn-in mechanic. If you turn in a 478 T1 weapon, you will get a 498 T2 weapon.