Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Making groups was "something to do" as in content?
    And the good ol' "forced to do dailies"...

Nah, come on. I really want to know what fun there was to do in the world that MoP doesn't offer.
    All I ever did in the world during say BC was farming motes or doing the same shitty dailies that never changed.

Quel'Danas on 4 characters <3
    You know before being forced to follow by Blizzards thinking there was a world to explore.

People who liked Vanilla and dislike the current game now are mostly gone. But you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Actually you said it would be interesting to know what I'm refering to and the poster got his answer.
    And it was laughable, didn't hold any water and made you look like a clown. You have to bring something WAY better than "we had group quests back then" after hamming it up like you did. You don't even believe that yourself. You were just talking and had to bring some half-assed argument because someone asked a concrete question. Awkward as hell.

Oh yeah dude. The game totally went downhill since they aren't doing those group quests any more. One could think you're talking trash for the sake of it, without making any remote sense. You wouldn't want that, right?
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-12-30 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    How can you disagree the LFG/LFR system is flawed and takes the fun out of the game? Why doesn't WoW have a queue system meny like COD then?
    Because, most likely, a majority of players prefer to do content than making groups and then flying to a goddamn portal, only to get ganked, realize half the group is afk and no one is accepting summons.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because the only thing that system takes away from WoW is the hours of watching trade while you try to make a group.
    It takes ONE thing away from WoW and that thing was anything but fun.
    Oh and the LFG system doesn't? Last time I checked it's the same thing waiting in queue for 1 hour and then getting a group half done the instance. In some cases it was even faster to make a group yourself and travel.

Because, most likely, a majority of players prefer to do content than making groups and then flying to a goddamn portal, only to get ganked, realize half the group is afk and no one is accepting summons.
    World PvP? At least it had an atmosphere to it. There was always a feel of danger in the world so GG trying to have fun playing a game that is similar to playing nothing because there is absolutely nothing fun about playing a game with no fun in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and the LFG system doesn't? Last time I checked it's the same thing waiting in queue for 1 hour and then getting a group half done the instance. In some cases it was even faster to make a group yourself and travel.
    When was the last time you had to wait longer than 20 minutes, even as dps?

But it was more immersive when you lost a key member in the middle of a dungeon, one or two has to hearth to a city, spam chat for 10-45 minutes, while the others have to run back out to the stone.

The introduction of LFG is the best goddamn thing WoW has ever gotten <3

My last DPS-queue was 10 minutes.
    My last tanking-queue was instant.
    My last healing-queue was within 2 minutes.

Yes, that is different from waiting an hour in trade-chat just to get rejected because they want to clear a simple dungeon in full T6.
    Why you contradicting yourself?

You said in an earlier post that LFG queues are 1 hour long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    This comment by Ghostcrawler epitomizes what's wrong with Wow on so many levels.
    I 100% agree with what GC said in that post and 100% disagree with everything you said. I think your attitude is the only thing wrong with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

But it was more immersive when you lost a key member in the middle of a dungeon, one or two has to hearth to a city, spam chat for 10-45 minutes, while the others have to run back out to the stone.

Ok so it's good you <3 LFG because your're at the right site with many people to back you up. At the end of the day though there's a reason for subscriber losses you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Thank god the devs never listen to posts like this. If people like this were allowed to design the game it would be a crapsack nobody would want to play... probably not even the people who make these posts.

i couldn't agree with this more even if you paid me 300k gold

lfd was gr8 i hated waiting 3hrs to get a dungeon be4 lfg just because people were SO impatient

also if you happened to be on a low pop/ dead realm doing a dungeon there was IMPOSSIBLE or near that

10+ Year Old Account
    You know before being forced to follow by Blizzards thinking there was a world to explore.
    Pandaria has far more lore tidbits to discover and explore than BC ever had. oO
    I wish Blizzard would have made a faction and mini-ingame events for the BC-lore. Would have loved it so much.

It is, because of:

Yes, that is different from waiting an hour in trade-chat just to get rejected because they want to clear a simple dungeon in full T6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so it's good you <3 LFG because your're at the right site with many people to back you up. At the end of the day though there's a reason for subscriber losses you know.
    Players quit the game for a myriad of reasons.
    No longer having to create groups through a LFG channel and then run there, is not one of them.

You want actual reasons for the decline in subs?

Age. That's the main reason.
    WoW isn't the new behemoth it once was. How could it be? There's also competition, unlike back during BC with shit like Age of Conan. I've been playing this game since Jan 2006, no MoP doesn't have me jumping up and down but goddamn is it among the best states the game has ever been in. It's so easy to dream back 5-6 years to the "golden days", which in reality was... meh.

Every single popular product in the world has a chart that looks kinda like;
    Early surge in popularity.
    Keeps growing.
    Growth slows down.
    Eventually hits a plateau.
    Declines.

No matter how refined or improved it becomes during it's lifetime, it'll eventually decline.
    Alhough it'd be quite funny if a products quality was determined by growth in popularity.
    MoP didn't sell as well as Cataclysm, that must mean MoP is objectively worse than Cata!

Eh.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-30 at 11:30 PM.

World-PvP died when players stopped doing stuff without rewards.
    Then it died again when it got clear we were a Horde-server, outnumbering the Alliance completely.
    wpvp is still here unfortunately it has now become ganking

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 11:26 PM ----------

Hahaha
    I once got rejected from a normal dungeongroup because the kitten-druid had more AP than my BT-raiding Hunter.

Let's go back to those days!
    god no i hope that's sarcasm those days were just awful

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wpvp is still here unfortunately it has now become ganking
    As if it had ever been significantly more than that.

The biggest reward is not having to wait for an hour before you are good to go, I don't see how anyone can find that a bad thing.

They sat at the cities because there wasn't anything to do.
    I can't even remember going out of the city during TBC, there was nothing to do beside: DAILIES \o/

People can go to Halfhill to work on their farm?
    They can find rare pets, look up rare spawns, do scenario's or even some of the dailies?
    Lol, people could even log out and do something else!

Or are you saying that waiting for hours trying to get a group going was content to keep players busy?
    Because it's really sounding like that: "In the old days people had lots to do, like making groups!"
    Yes, that's really my goal whenever I start up an MMORPG, to waste hours on creating groups for 30 minutes of PvE.

Ooh God, please.. Please tell me what "fun out in the world" there was in TBC or Classic.
    What fun was there back then that we didn't have now?
    If anything, they added more fun stuff to do.

Right now Blizzard gives you tons of options, you can do A to Z.
    I can pick anything I want to do when I log in, Blizzard isn't telling me what to do.

Forcing me to do dailies?
    Since MoP I have only done one reputation: 5.1, because of the questline with the Divine Bell.
    Please explain how MoP is forcing me to do dailies, seeing as I haven't done them.
    Your argument was flawed from the very first post you replied to me. You put words in my mouth and derail the argument into something different then was previously stated. Probably with the intention to disintegrate my main argument or simply because you don't understand my point of view I am trying to give. So I'll leave it with that but I am allowed to give my insight on how the game was for me back then and I'm sure if most people would still be around they'd agree with my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once got rejected from a normal dungeongroup because the kitten-druid had more AP than my BT-raiding Hunter.

Shadow priest.. how often did I get rejected because they wanted a) proper damage b) cc (mind control often wasn't usable and not widely accepted as reliable cc)...
    Worst offenders: Shattered halls, S-Labs (dat oger trash :X ) and Mag-Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As if it had ever been significantly more than that.
    i actually remember wpvp being more than that, back in woltk and cata i had some nice wpvp battles with my max level chars... thats gone now...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pandaria has far more lore tidbits to discover and explore than BC ever had. oO
    I wish Blizzard would have made a faction and mini-ingame events for the BC-lore. Would have loved it so much.
    Actually there was at least one that I remember, there's the air assault scripted event that regularly runs in Blade's Edge Mountains, I think the Skyguard runs them? I bet almost nobody remembers that! Very primitive compared to modern in-game events though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Shadow priest.. how often did I get rejected because they wanted a) proper damage b) cc (mind control often wasn't usable and not widely accepted as reliable cc)...
    Worst offenders: Shattered halls, S-Labs (dat oger trash :X ) and Mag-Terrace.
    having a ret as main during bc wasn't fun for doing randoms....