Garalon normal 10 man pheromone tips

Hello raiders. We had some tries at Garalon tonight that ended in a wipe fest. An hour or so into the raid, a healer disconnected and we had to call the raid. We never managed to get him under 50% because of the problems we faced at the transition between the third and fourth pheromone kiters.

So, here's where my dilemma lies: How fast should the kiters move? Most of our problems come from the repeated crashes when Garalon meets a pheromone trail. I'm not sure why this happens, but it killed up 8 out of 11 times.

Secondly, I'd like to know how you guys position your raid. I'm a resto druid that has obviously been assigned to pheromone duty, but the raid is out of my reach sometimes, and this leads to some annoying issues with healing low hp targets.

Lastly, if you have some tips related to the mechanics of this fight, feel free to share them. Every piece of advice is appreciated.

Note: I'm only interested in the mechanics of this fight. Number related issues, such as dps or hps or anything that has to do with numbers does not interest me for now. Our raid only fails because of the issues presented above.

Just swap between 2 tanks 2 healers at ~20 stacks. The kiter just needs to move quick enough to be out of cleave range (non-tank) and out of the pools they drop. It's not very fast unless all legs are alive.

Also, Garalon only crushes when someone goes below him and when Pheremones swap. You were doing something else wrong if he crushed a bunch of times and killed you.

Everyone is on the inside of Garalon (basically center of the room, scooting around a bit) with melee/assigned cleavers running around to legs. The kiter is obviously up front at range with the tanks also up front in his face. Healers can move around. Range should not be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we do is we 3 heal it, with myself (dk tank) just use some dps trinkets and else try to heal myself and our warrior OT goes fury. Our kiting rotation looks like this:
    Resto Druid >> Warlock (with Casting-while-running talent) >> Mage (fire) >> Shadowpriest

And after you've killed the legs for the first time, only cleaving dps go on the legs, everyone else stays on the boss for the rest of the duration. We use BL when the druid gets the buff again and the boss is between 25 and 35%, so all dps can dps for the whole duration (incl. warlock, pheromone+running)
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Hello raiders. We had some tries at Garalon tonight that ended in a wipe fest. An hour or so into the raid, a healer disconnected and we had to call the raid. We never managed to get him under 50% because of the problems we faced at the transition between the third and fourth pheromone kiters.

So, here's where my dilemma lies: How fast should the kiters move? Most of our problems come from the repeated crashes when Garalon meets a pheromone trail. I'm not sure why this happens, but it killed up 8 out of 11 times.
    Kiters should move as slowly as possible while staying out of Garalon's cleave and the Pools. You'll want to always be within range of the Boss if DPS, or in range of at least the Tanks if you're a healer. You just shuffle-step every time a pool drops, and scoot a little if the cleave is getting a bit too close. Garalon only Crushes on the pheromone hand-over, if someone gets under him, or you reach his enrage. He can walk over his pheromone trail all day long.

Secondly, I'd like to know how you guys position your raid. I'm a resto druid that has obviously been assigned to pheromone duty, but the raid is out of my reach sometimes, and this leads to some annoying issues with healing low hp targets.
    Ranged and healers should always be clumped in a central area. When a healer is kiting, they should be concentrating on healing themselves and the Tanks (since they'll be the only consistent targets in range). The other healer(s) can handle the rest of the raid.

Lastly, if you have some tips related to the mechanics of this fight, feel free to share them. Every piece of advice is appreciated.
    We two heal it with two Tanks and two DPS doing the kiting. That's mostly due to low DPS though. Three healing we had two Tanks, one DPS, and one Healer doing the kiting.

Blow Heroism at the start, all DPS kill all legs. If you have DPS Warriors, DKs, and Rogues, you should have them cleaving on legs 100% of the time. Ranged DPS stand on top of the healers and DPS the body unless an inside leg pops-up and the Melee are busy with another leg.