Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    many pokemon that i really love but the one special one that i always had to have was Flareon

just started watching all the pokemons again cuz i got the first 5 season and i really think cinderquil is super cute as well

Haunter and Crobat

Beedrill, Venomoth, Ariados, Skorupi, and Scolipede, top 5, no particular order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gengar. And the thing is, he never was. But a friend of mine wanted an entire team of them, all with different abilities (some of which they can't legitimately get), and so I spent a lot of time with an entire party of them, doing experiments for which stats to (artificially) max out, which abilities would work well with each other, and so on. I ended up making these things so goddamn powerful that I just fell in love with them lol.

I used to have a favorite before Gengar, but I've long since forgotten what it was. I know my most memorable has been magikarp. Eons ago, my friend and I managed to find a Japanese ROM for Pokemon green, and since he was fluent in Japanese, we started translating it. It's probably still floating around the 'net somewhere. When we first got the old rod, we started fishing. After about the 10th cast or so, we started to realize...all this thing pulls up is level 5 magikarp lol. So we had this running joke where one of us, randomly and out of nowhere, would say, 'magikarp, level 5', and we'd both start cracking up. I've long since dropped contact with him, just due to our lives taking us in different directions, but every few years or so, one of us will send a blank email with 'magikarp, level 5' as the title. Always brings a smile, knowing that after all these years, we haven't forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Other way around sweetie.

The first 151 (Specially Blue/Red) have terrible ingame sprites.
    Ok sprites yes but thats not what i mean't to clarify i mean the Art. The actual pictures.

They looked like plausible legendary animals in the first 151.

Rats birds mice, big giant cool looking birds, dragons, plant dinosaurs etc.

The new and modern ones all kinda look weird with far too many stripes and colors.
    All on the same animal, im sorry but why?

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Lets play: Whos That Pokemon!?

Charmander

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    You are whats wrong with Pokemon
    Finally we agree on something, that pokemon pikachu wanabe thing is what i mean, why all the shapes lines and clolors like its feet ears etc.
    They just dont look like they could be alive.

Deleted
    Arcanine for me, too regal to say no to him.

I always liked Charizard the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Try this.

This pokemon looks plausible could be alive, a bit too many fur circles etc but its ok ish.

But Then you have this

Now come on, that is the dumbest thing ive ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Ok sprites yes but thats not what i mean't to clarify i mean the Art. The actual pictures.

They looked like plausible legendary animals in the first 151.

Rats birds mice, big giant cool looking birds, dragons, plant dinosaurs etc.

The new and modern ones all kinda look weird with far too many stripes and colors.
    All on the same animal, im sorry but why?
    The nostalgia is strong here.

Ok Try this.

[IMG]http://arn5.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/furret1.jpg?w=510[IMG]

This pokemon looks plausible could be alive, a bit too many fur circles etc but its ok ish.
    Of course it does, it's a copy-paste of a real life animal. What's "legendary" looking about most of gen1's pokemon?

Not very original, but I have a thing with dragons, so Charizard. What I have ALWAYS been wondering is what it's skin would look/feel like in real life.
    Is it scaly, is it fur or is it just leathery? Oh the questions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The nostalgia is strong here.
    Awe yeah it is i have to admit, i spent hours on end playing my cousins Pokemon red and Gameboy color "Lol color".

Then Nintendo 64's pokemon stadium 1. Even the 64 Game where you take pictures on a rail.

They were based on mythical animals and the Zodiac back then, They looked plausible, like Garados Based on Chinese dragons, Even its Magikarp form is based on a real animal.

When they start throwing ink on a page and call it pokemon i draw the line.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    You could do the same with a lot of the original Pokemon.

Oh sure this looks like something I saw in the woods yesterday

Not all the first looked cool, in fact that one looks like a ufo now right?

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Of course it does, it's a copy-paste of a real life animal. What's "legendary" looking about most of gen1's pokemon?
    Leme rephrase skellington.

Zapados moltres Articuno Especially Articuno look amazing, like legends of the thunder bird phonix and Bird of ice.

Then You get to girafarig i mean wtf. is it comic relief how does it breed?

And when did you stop using 3rd persons?

They were based on mythical animals and the Zodiac back then, They looked plausible, like Garados Based on Chinese dragons, Even its Magikarp form is based on a real animal.
    Are you trying to say they aren't based on those now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying to say they aren't based on those now?
    After The first Gen i sorta backed out of the games.

And would sometimes take a look back at card tournaments to find the strongest cards looking like strange blobs of ink with circles all over their bodies.

After The first Gen i sorta backed out of the games.

And would sometimes take a look back at card tournaments to find the strongest cards looking like strange blobs of ink with circles all over their bodies.
    You mean Muk, Grimer, and Ditto?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Muk, Grimer, and Ditto?
    skelington lets not argue on 3 topics tonight my friend.

And please start using 3rd persons again i miss it.

Poliwhirl.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

skelington lets not argue on 3 topics tonight my friend.

And please start using 3rd persons again i miss it.
    But he does. Those posts didn't use any person and there's no point in using one when it isn't necessary.

But he does. Those posts didn't use any person and there's no point in using one when it isn't necessary.
    Skelington does.

And I'm not surprised in the least that people pull that "Gen 1 argument" out. It always comes...