Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Syladia View Post
    Question: Whatever happened to the lore of "The Sha are the physical manifestations of Emperor Shuhao's emotions which he purged from himself to become a better leader"? I swear that was the idea behind the Sha for all of the leveling lore. So is it Y'shaarj's remains or Shuhao's emotions?
    My understanding is this: the Sha are the fragmented remains of Y'shaarj. They are also described by Taran Zhu when you arrive in Pandaria as simply "negative energy." The Townlong questlines imply that the Sha seek "powerful hosts."

SO, I believe the way it works is that these fragments of Y'shaarj are attracted to and then exacerbate negative emotions. Shuhao must have been one crazy dude back in his early days and had all sorts of negative emotions floating around, attracting the Sha and allowing himself to become a host. It could be that his reign was tumultuous enough that he really did attract the "prime" Sha instead of the little pieces we see that corrupt minor NPCs in Pandaria. So to answer your question, they are Y'shaarj's remains, but had used Shuhao as their host.

I cant see how this even relates to naruto in one way or another just a vague attempt trying to put them together..... In any case the sha seems more like homage to the seven deadly sins rather then the tailed beasts from naruto..... I mean hell the juubi had its power divided into 9 parts while its body was sealed away so it would not cause destruction without the Rikudo Sennin's power to control it, Also since he was the one who brought ninjutsu to the world he also sealed his body away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    I cant see how this even relates to naruto in one way or another just a vague attempt trying to put them together..... In any case the sha seems more like homage to the seven deadly sins rather then the tailed beasts from naruto..... I mean hell the juubi had its power divided into 9 parts while its body was sealed away so it would not cause destruction without the Rikudo Sennin's power to control it, Also since he was the one who brought ninjutsu to the world he also sealed his body away.
    Yes, but you're forgetting the point that Sha were born with death of Y'shraaj, an old god with 7 heads and from him 6 Sha were born, and Old god bodies don't decay nor can they be destroyed, meaning it must be hidden somewhere on Pandaria; same way as you described Ten tailed Demon being sepreated from it's power source and his husk hidden on the moon.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-12-31 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    My understanding is this: the Sha are the fragmented remains of Y'shaarj. They are also described by Taran Zhu when you arrive in Pandaria as simply "negative energy." The Townlong questlines imply that the Sha seek "powerful hosts."

SO, I believe the way it works is that these fragments of Y'shaarj are attracted to and then exacerbate negative emotions. Shuhao must have been one crazy dude back in his early days and had all sorts of negative emotions floating around, attracting the Sha and allowing himself to become a host. It could be that his reign was tumultuous enough that he really did attract the "prime" Sha instead of the little pieces we see that corrupt minor NPCs in Pandaria. So to answer your question, they are Y'shaarj's remains, but had used Shuhao as their host.
    To build on that; Every living thing has them. To lose control over your emotions on Pandaria allows them(Sha) to manifest. This is what Yshaarj's death caused. To supress them is to live a joyous life, as Pandaren do.

To *expell them completely* through the use of the Monkey King's mask is something more thorough altogether. If you're a powerful being at that (as Emperors are, in a fantasy world like Azeroth), it's not surprising a complete expelling (leading you to become a higher transcendant being) them would create Prime Sha's like that.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Your post makes as much sense as people claiming The hobbit is a ripoff of LOTR.

Naruto's plot isn't new.

Deleted
    It's as much as a rip off Naruto than Harry Potter's plot of a resurgence of an ancient/past evil is of Babylon 5; ie not at all, just among the many of similar stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    This, The statues in the Vale are a homage to the statues from the Lord of the Rings from 2001.[/IMG]
    Not even Lord of the Rings specifically (If you want SPECIFIC LotR references, The Lich King is TOTALLY based off of The Witch King of Angmar, especially the Helm of Domination. Icecrown Citadel's design is heavily influenced by Barad-dur, Sauron's main fortress, the Wrathgate is pretty much the Black Gate, there are several structures that bear a striking similarity Eye of Sauron, and, generally speaking, Icecrown Glacier is basically a frozen, icy Mordor). The whole giant-statues-at-either-side-of-a-path motif has been around for a very long time. Hell, even in World of Warcraft you could see something similar in the narrow path between Loch Modan, Dun Morogh, and Searing Gorge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Good read.

It's mostly about Mists drawing heavily from far eastern mythology though.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's as much as a rip off Naruto than Harry Potter's plot of a resurgence of an ancient/past evil is of Babylon 5; ie not at all, just among the many of similar stories.
    keep defending your animes, i guess it would suck if it turned out the stallfest of an anime was actually 0 OC instead of low OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Your post makes as much sense as people claiming The hobbit is a ripoff of LOTR.

Naruto's plot isn't new.
    He didnt claim that wow ripped of anyone, simply that there are similarities and that he may draw conclusions from them.

keep defending your animes, i guess it would suck if it turned out the stallfest of an anime was actually 0 OC instead of low OC.
    his posts didnt defend animes at all but talked about ripoffs which is not the point of the thread anyway.
    Iam now defending animes since your blind hatred for them is appaling, so blind that you cant even read anymore.
    Last edited by Deafknight; 2012-12-31 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    He didnt claim that wow ripped of anyone, simply that there are similarities and that he may draw conclusions from them.
    Neither did I, good job there bro.

Neither did I, good job there bro.
    And neither did i, maybe you should catch up on your reading comprehension since your posts are questionable to say the least.

Deleted
    And if all that fails, there's still possibility that Garrosh will try to become a Jinchuriki of all 6 Sha and if that happens, Y'shaaarj's will be revived... in spirit, mind you. =P