Poll: How do you feel about LFR/LFD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    no one 'loves' lfr, but it's fine as it is. biased poll choices.

Coming from a tiny tiny server, LFD was a god send in terms of actually participating in dungeons, but on the other hand it played a big role in killing server communities IMO.

But even from tiny servers, I never liked LFR. I know it helps you experience content, especially more so now since my guild hardly ever has anyone on to raid anymore. But, it might be kind of weird to other people, to me it takes away a bit of the "epicness" of raids. I don't jump up with excitement after we finally kill a boss we have been working on for a week or two anymore because I have already experienced the content and frankly got tired of it from running LFR.

Deleted
    Both are excellent and I can't see how people think that they're not.

LFD needs a few changes.

LFR needs to have all loot removed and its fine.

As someone who hadn't used LFR in Cata and not in MoP until recently, I was shocked after I completed my first raid in it. I had gotten 3 pieces of gear, and they felt like I didn't deserve them at all. People in LFR fuck around, don't work together and have no idea what they're doing in general, and then they're rewarded for it with epics. Maybe it's just my principles from past expansions kicking in, here, but I really would like a return to no LFR. Lower ilvl or not, the loot doesn't feel deserved at all.

As for LFD, I'm not sure what to do with it. It's a HUGE quality of life thing, but it also ensures that even though you're doing it with 4 others, gearing in 5mans turns into a largely solo venture, just like questing, something I don't like. There was a certain charm to having a friend list of good people you'd do heroics with in the past, though time has probably moved far beyond that model. It certainly kept people behaving better, though.

LFR is nice when the group isnt full of retards... there should be no limit on votekicking idiots in LFR or LFD..the LFDs should be shorter... and maybe simpler...(although i doubt its needed) i dont know how many times ive had to solo rattlegore.. Voss....Raigonn.. Wise Mari.. or some of the other bosses that down syndrome kids have trouble with.

personally i dont think flying to a dungeon is very fun.. its fun for raids.. but not for dungeons.. this is from a tanks perspective.. if i wanna chain Q random dungeons with guildies i dont wanna have to fly to each individual one.. thats time wasted in a supposably speedy group.

LFR should be rewarded based on effort and performance though as well. higher chances for higher gains.
    Last edited by announced; 2012-12-30 at 07:29 AM.

i don't enjoy LFR.

i'm looking forward to when i reach the point that i no longer need to run it.

queues as dps take forever. the content is extremely boring and easy. many of the players in there have horrible attitudes.

i would love if they removed it. but since that's not going to happen, make it so it's not as required for gearing.

I'm perfectly ok with both. LFD is probably a bit too easy, but its not like its dropping high quality gear or anything.

LFR is good for what it is. It gives people like me who have a wierd schedule a chance to see the content and have some form of progression. Its not perfect of course, but until they figure out a better system to gauge peoples ability level, its going to be hard to make it more difficult. Your group is at the mercy of the players you are given, so just making it harder across the board will just frustrate lots of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR seems like a requirement to fill in some gear slots until you get your drop which bugs me, as I despise doing LFR. And my alt never gets drops which isn't fun either. I guess I am complaining more to complain however.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it fun facerolling instances with 4 random strangers that don't talk and could as well be replaced by NPCs? Nope, its not fun.
    If the game requires you to go in repeatedly to grind stuff: Yes it is.
    If I want challenge and memories of close calls, I have the option to do challenge modes.

LFR desperately needs changes. The loot system SUCKS.

Deleted
    They're both extremely good features and mandatory from now on.
    LFR could be improved making bags more interesting and adding a "offspec gearing" option, while LFD should adopt the LFR looting system (with the offspec option ofc). Apart from that I have no complaints whatsoever.

Deleted
    the lack of social interaction in both LFD and LFR is a bummer.
    I can understand why so many people need this feature, a game must have a good pace for people who don't have enough time to travel/do stuff in game.
    Also, If blizzard kept the vanilla aspect of this in game, most would be fed up/bored and just quit.

Both LFR and LFD do their functions just fine. Sure sometimes things about both can be frustrating but that is pretty typical in any RNG / random group situation where you don't control all situations and personal that you interact with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    They're both extremely good features and mandatory from now on.
    LFR could be improved making bags more interesting and adding a "offspec gearing" option, while LFD should adopt the LFR looting system (with the offspec option ofc). Apart from that I have no complaints whatsoever.
    This sums it up really, they work fine (Sometimes they're annoying, but that's people for you), but LFD could be improved by implementing a LFR-style loot system with a small addition: Allow the players to choose the spec (Out of the two they have set) they want loot for, and add some consumables and small chance for vanity pets from them (Maybe make a set of pets related to the heroics of the expansion? Bit like the pets from retro-raids)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both, but there are some tweaks that can be done to both of them aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

LFD's fine, for the most part. LFR's boring as sin.

I miss some aspects before LFD, coming together and actually having to make friends and know how to get along with people to form a group, But as the servers have been cutting down on population and countless hours spent spamming out LFG/LFM It's a blessing in many more ways for me, my guildies aren't that close nit and not always available when you need them and I'm sure i'm not alone in that, seems almost mandatory now a days.

LFR, It's a nice option to help starter guilds get going and gear up faster to tackle their own runs. I like to use it as a chance to practice and try out new specs personally, for casuals who don't have enough time and fall between prime raiding time cracks even those who just want to see the content while its current, It has its fall backs with RNG and I dislike the way it's designed for offspecs but It accomplishes what its supposed to do.

I'm kind of indifferent.

I do remember the pre-LFD days, and the horrors of putting together groups as a lone DPS with bad gear; it was essentially hopeless, and you rarely had any better luck finding groups either, with even 5 man heroics demanding rather stringent gear requirements. I remember a friend of mine had Tempest of Chaos on his warlock, and would be able to form solid 5 man groups by announcing to the world something to the effect of "Warlock LFG for 5 mans. I have [Tempest of Chaos]" But if I didn't have very good gear, or you were a tank or a healer, or you had friends who were, then finding a group sucked ass.

LFD greatly imrpvoed those people's abilities to get groups.

But LFD brings along a pile of downsides with it as well, and if you ask me - admittedly, I'm one of the ones who didn't have problems finding groups - the downsides of LFD are greater than the downsides of not having it.

One of the biggest downsides to LFD is that it makes it impossible to have hard 5 man content anymore (which challenge modes are not; they're time trials that exist in their own little pocket-universe of the game where gear doesn't scale, and which reward nothing), but the biggest one is that this automated system makes it feel less like you're playing with other players, and more like you're playing a single-player game.

Granted, that's a bit hyperbolic, but the difference between the groups of today and the groups of, say, TBC, are extreme.

I can only assume the average player disagrees... but personally I miss doing instances like heroic shadow labs or even blood furnace, with people talking to each other and every pull and mob encountered being fairly carefully handled (as they had to be when many mobs were able to global many non-tank classes, and destroy most others in seconds - even tanks could fall in seconds without an attentive healer, even to single mobs). I don't particularily miss the shithole that was shattered halls, but even that horrible place was entertaining to do with a grood group - even if I'd never go there with randoms unless we greatly overgeared it.

These days, every group is just a bunch of anonymous people who, with varying degrees of efficiency, aoe their way through the mobs, stopping only to slowly kill a boss who poses no obstacle other than a way for weak single-target dps to slow you down. I've lost count of the number of times where I've completed an instance with 2-3 people afk or contributing essentially nothing to the group...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kisu View Post
    I miss some aspects before LFD, coming together and actually having to make friends and know how to get along with people to form a group
    There was absolutely no way to make any friends from dungeon runs in BC/WotLK before LFD existed. You just spammed trade with LFG or LFM messages, find 4 people/get invited, run it and then everyone leaves group. Same thing as it is now, only difference was that you had to form the group yourself or join an advertised one. Not even 1 friend was made that way.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    LFR should be rewarded based on effort and performance though as well. higher chances for higher gains.
    And how do you propose to reward people by that? Raw DPS/HPS is not the best solution as the system will just favor people that queue in with better gear than LFR r or classes that have a significant advantage for certain fights. It also encourages people to cheese parts of the fight that are already trivial in an effort to pad their numbers.

If you try to base it off of mechanics, people will just flock to the mechanic that gives them the best chance at gear and ignore all else. For example, say you had a better chance of getting loot from LFR Will of the Emperor based on the number of Opportunistic Strikes you made. No one would want to focus on adds lest they reduce their chances of getting gear from that boss. Plus this method doesn't account for latency spikes which is something you can't control.

If you base it off who could benefit from an ilvl upgrade in a slot, you eliminate a big reason for people running normal/heroic raids to queue as the Valor that's gotten for a random LFR is slower than just running dungeons or scenarios.