Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Nine days huh?

Shit, and I'm only at Shadow Rising in my re-read.
    A book a day should be almost enough... What are you doing online, get reading.

Deleted
    Problem is that I have all of them in paperback form and putting a hardback in there would just ruin the look.

But hey if someone can point me towards an edition of hardbacks aimed to come out with all books included in a couple of weeks...
    Last edited by mmocdde1af79be; 2012-12-31 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a lot of people are saying Ishmael is going to switch to the 'light side', but I think that's not going to happen. Ishy has been Bad Guy number one from the beginning, and he personally hates Lews Therin/Rand. Like, scary hatred beyond his legendary capacity for logic and reason.

The mind swap theory seems more likely to me, but I still expect to be pleasantly surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    I know a lot of people are saying Ishmael is going to switch to the 'light side', but I think that's not going to happen. Ishy has been Bad Guy number one from the beginning, and he personally hates Lews Therin/Rand. Like, scary hatred beyond his legendary capacity for logic and reason.

The mind swap theory seems more likely to me, but I still expect to be pleasantly surprised.
    IIRC Demandred hates LTT even more then Ishy Does, and some of Moridin/Ishy's actions have been...questionable. like i donno, telling LTT/RAT how to beat Sammuel and saving him from falling to his death at Shayol Ghul?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2012/12/a...er-viewpoints/

79,000 word count chapter with 30+ PoVs? Please be confirmed! 0.0

15+ Year Old Account
    http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2012/12/a...er-viewpoints/

79,000 word count chapter with 30+ PoVs? Please be confirmed! 0.0
    probably one of the final chapters and obviously at the minimum its a pivital point of the book.

Deleted
    I seriously doubt Ishmael will switch sides.
    Ishmael seems to be the only one of the Forsaken who is really onboard with the Dark Ones real goal, which to me seems to be to destroy the whole world. The other Forsaken don't want the world destroyed (as shown by their fear of Balefire if nothing else), but Ismael seems to find the prospect of the end of the world quite reasonable.

I still believe that the body switch theory is the most likely. It's been around for quite some time now. I would love if it didn't happen though, as it by this time would feel a bit dull.

As for Ishmael helping Rand previously - I think it comes back to destroying the world. I think that the DO wanted Rand to destroy the world (as he almost did while up on the mountain). There is in my opinion allot pointing to that, considering that the DO orders throughout the book has been to not kill Rand, but to capture him. Just look back at the first book where they were being chased by large armies of Trollocs. They could have smashed Rand with friends without any real problems on several occations, but the trollocs were instead armed with catchpoles and hooks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    probably one of the final chapters and obviously at the minimum its a pivital point of the book.
    Yeah, probably the actual Last Battle at Shayol Ghul, but who knows? ^^

Preordered the book and going to pick it up the 8th buuut, i have an exam the 17th so ill have to wait opening it until after the exam. Gonna try anyway to stay away.

15+ Year Old Account
    saturday...sunday...monday.....TUESDAY

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily I work A LOT this weekend, so that'll help keep me occupied until Tue.

I requested Tue off, lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a minority in this thread. More excited for the Esslemont book I'm gonna pick up at the same time on thuseday than aMoL.
    True, likely gonna read aMoL first but that's because I want to get it out of the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I feel like a minority in this thread. More excited for the Esslemont book I'm gonna pick up at the same time on thuseday than aMoL.
    True, likely gonna read aMoL first but that's because I want to get it out of the way.
    considering this thread is about aMoL not esslemont you would be in the minority period...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding. Two freaking days now, I am literally going to zerg my way to the book store after work on Tuesday and then go home and read it until midnight

15+ Year Old Account
    29 hours and counting until i can go pick up my copy of aMoL (no midnight release is buttsex).

Huh.... Am I the only one who already has the book?
    I got it like.... 4 days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virnu View Post
    Huh.... Am I the only one who already has the book?
    I got it like.... 4 days ago.
    Dunno how you got it 4 days ago. Can't find it anywhere online available until tomorrow.

Good for you, though. :P

Dunno how you got it 4 days ago. Can't find it anywhere online available until tomorrow.

Good for you, though. :P
    Well, I didn't get mine online... I suppose it's because my bookstore had them in storage or something and they couldn't care less about release dates... When I ordered it, I originally did expect that I wouldn't get it until 8.1, but my (positive) surprise was quite huge when I got a message on 3.1 saying that I could come and get it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virnu View Post
    Well, I didn't get mine online... I suppose it's because my bookstore had them in storage or something and they couldn't care less about release dates... When I ordered it, I originally did expect that I wouldn't get it until 8.1, but my (positive) surprise was quite huge when I got a message on 3.1 saying that I could come and get it.
    A lot of publishers will pull distribution rights from stores if they release books early. There aren't a lot of private book stores around here, since Chapters has such a dominance over distribution rights, the best prices and whatnot. Most private stores will give out books prior to release but they also run the risk of the publisher finding out and pulling their rights to any other books. That said, I got my order confirmation about the book a few weeks ago from Chapters and I am pretty sure they have had them in stock for a while.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A lot of publishers will pull distribution rights from stores if they release books early. There aren't a lot of private book stores around here, since Chapters has such a dominance over distribution rights, the best prices and whatnot. Most private stores will give out books prior to release but they also run the risk of the publisher finding out and pulling their rights to any other books. That said, I got my order confirmation about the book a few weeks ago from Chapters and I am pretty sure they have had them in stock for a while.
    Yeah I got my confirmation from Chapters a week ago, so they have it but are not able to release it yet.