Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bugged Cartel items + No support for Preferred = Mad Player

So last week I bought the account legacy title unlock. It bugged and it didn't go through. After sending an email, and calling Bioware, they informed me that I can get no support, even for bugged items that they received money for. I was angry, but I moved on.

Now just today, I bought the weekly space pass. Again, I used it, the item disappeared, and no space missions. Again, email and phone, they won't help me. What kind of scam are they running here? They receive money, I don't get my product, and they ignore me after. I don't know what to do anymore. (obviously not buying anything else is the first thing that I'm doing)

Definitely buyer beware though if you're preferred. If ever an item doesn't work, you're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by leojreimroc View Post
    So last week I bought the account legacy title unlock. It bugged and it didn't go through. After sending an email, and calling Bioware, they informed me that I can get no support, even for bugged items that they received money for. I was angry, but I moved on.

Now just today, I bought the weekly space pass. Again, I used it, the item disappeared, and no space missions. Again, email and phone, they won't help me. What kind of scam are they running here? They receive money, I don't get my product, and they ignore me after. I don't know what to do anymore. (obviously not buying anything else is the first thing that I'm doing)

Definitely buyer beware though if you're preferred. If ever an item doesn't work, you're out of luck.
    Basically you can just call your bank, tell them what is going on. Have them refund the money, you will get your account banned, but you can get your money back. If they ban your account because of this, you might be able to convince your bank to refund, EVERY single transaction with Bioware.

Only do this if you don't care about your account.

Not surprised to be honest. Their customer support hasn't been known to be very helpful but this is a outright scam. The agreement is you pay X amount of money for Y in return and if you don't get Y, you are entitled to a refund.
    Inform your bank that the product you wish to revoke the charges they have made because the items you purchased were not given to you and showing them copies of the conversation where they refused to help you should move things along faster.

Also fill out a complaint against them at the Better Business Bureau. Companies generally hate it when you get them involved and be sure to get screenshots/copies of the conversations you had with the support staff and send it to the BBB when you file your complaint.

Last but not least, you can get the police involved and they damn sure don't want them calling up and asking questions.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Make sure to have everything documented with days and times. When you get your credit card statement, dispute the charges with them.

Damn, atleast you got an answer from them.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I encourage you to follow tielknight's suggestion and report them to the Better Business Bureau. Your situation is the reason I will not buy cartel coins. Never liked the idea of all sales are final. If a store won't back their merchandise, I'm going to assume its not worth buying.

It's hearing too many stories like this, coupled with my inherent dislike of their model on the whole, that is preventing me from dropping some money to get up to preferred status.

Really hoping they sort these issues out soon.

I have in the past bought Cartel Items. I purchased the 40 dollars for 5500. I was able to upgrade most of my legacy and a few random packs. Most of the items in the pack are not really worth it . You get maybe a bonus item or very rare but it could be a level 8 item epic not for your class. Honestly I thought the prices were too expensive. If I'm placing forty dollars I expect to get more out of it.

It boggles my mind somewhat that people who are not subbed. How EA effectively managed to down grade the experience and cause you pay for extra action bars or even a title on your name. Most of these things I honestly do not notice as subbed. One of the major things I dislike. Even for subs the upcoming expansion with a raised level cap and no expansion on companion side quest.

Is really such a new planet for daily's. Little different then the other two we currently have. I'll reserve my choice till I see it. I already pre paid for the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why denying customer support to a paying customer is one of the most retarded business practices there can be.

in fact (i might be wrong so don't act on what i'm about to say) i think that this would actually count as a case of false advertising and is lawsuit worthy (mind you there is probably no chance for you to win said lawsuit but still) because they promised an item and then after you paid they did not deliver and flat out refused you your right to what you paid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leojreimroc View Post

Dumbest question ever (but still needs to be asked). What level is your character?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Dumbest question ever (but still needs to be asked). What level is your character?
    I assume if they are able to look for space missions they are on their ship. IE, should be able to do space. Though you get a set amount a week, so I'm a little confused as well.

In regards to the whole thread, I would advise against using unlocks of any kind and certainly do not pay real money for them. If you have paid money and didn't receive your service, report it to the company as best you can. If they don't refund your money or fix your issue, report them to the BBB. Maybe if enough consumer complaints are raised, they will be forced to quit shitting on people.

Welcome to swtors free to play model and crappy customer support...

I feel bad for you. That sucks.

Just confirms to me that I will never give another cent to Bioware. Not only do they insist on this bad play model but they can't even do it decently.

So just a few things to add to this that maybe I didn't make clear. My character is 50 by the way, someone asked.

I can't do a chargeback, because I bought the item with credits. I did not spend cartel coins for this purchase. However, it's important to say that bioware still received money for this item, just not from me. When I called, they said that they can't help me because I didn't personally give them money. Which is still complete crap and is really a sneaky way of doing business. (I wouldn't do a chargeback anyways. As much as I'm pissed off, I wouldn't have my account banned for $1-2)

Scenario 1
    I give money to Bioware
    They give me an item

Result: Bioware gets money, I receive my item

Scenario 2
    Player X gives money to Bioware
    Player X sells me the item for credits

Result: Bioware gets money, Player X receives credits, I receive my item.

The result of not giving me any support is that I won't buy items, either from bioware or from players. This means that bioware will receive less money. I'm just not going to risk it, especially for the larger purchases. What if the artifact gear item bugs? Or account Bank unlocks. Just not worth the risk. Honestly, what happened here is not that much credits or money. It's the the feeling that you get that you're getting scammed that I seriously hate.
    Last edited by leojreimroc; 2012-12-31 at 06:11 PM.

Ugh, since you used in game credits..................................you're screwed.

The good thing though (well, not really) is that a lot of subs are getting screwed with cargo bay and inventory slot account unlocks not working. Hopefully they can voice their complaints loud enough to get heard and a fix rolled out before 2014.

Until then, DO NOT BUY ACCOUNT WIDE UNLOCKS!

I have never had an issue with a single character unlock either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear you didn't lose any real money. Still, that really sucks that you lost the credits.

Is this going the WarZ way? :P
    2nd biggest scam game/company out there?
    Sucks to hear what happened to ya man, I guess best is to simply not waste your time on a game with such poor service :/. Which is too bad because the story mode in the game is really well made.

Do legacy race unlocks count under this terrible Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I've been tracking TOR's customer service forum daily on these unlock issues since 12/20, and while I've not seen anybody complain about this particular unlock I'd really avoid buying any unlocks off the cartel shop or GTN at the time. Or if you've bought it, don't apply it. I'd wait and see what upcoming patches will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Ugh, since you used in game credits..................................you're screwed.

The good thing though (well, not really) is that a lot of subs are getting screwed with cargo bay and inventory slot account unlocks not working. Hopefully they can voice their complaints loud enough to get heard and a fix rolled out before 2014.

Until then, DO NOT BUY ACCOUNT WIDE UNLOCKS!

I have never had an issue with a single character unlock either.

I've had zero issues with my account wide unlocks. Perhaps they are mistakenly purchasing character unlocks instead of account wide. But what do I know....I'm just a mindless biodrone. (Cause I actually enjoy the game. )

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    LOL. I spoke too soon, sorry:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579464

Just...wow.