Does tanking as a monk use the same gear as dpsing?

Just wondering if I can use my gear i dps in, to change to brewmaster and tank in the same gear..?

yes and no the gear is the same other then how u gem and ench u can switch specs and dps but when ur gemming and ench as a tank ur not going to be doing tons of dps but i still pull 50k when i do lfr as dps

Yes. Leather Agility gear is what monk tanks use, which is the same as dps monks. You might need to change reforges for better stats as a tank compared to a dps though. Not to mention getting 4p bonus for tanking vs only 2p bonus for dps (if you're one who actually uses FoF).

You'll do fine for normal modes and some heroic modes with the exact same gear, gemmed/enchanted in the same way. You'll probably need to start minmaxing your gear once you hit the harder heroic modes, though.

Also be sure to pick up a couple of stamina trinkets to switch to, just in case. Mostly agi ones work fine, but some fights will go more smoothly with a bigger HP pool.

Can I tank DW? or should I use a 2H to tank in... any difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Can I tank DW? or should I use a 2H to tank in... any difference?
    DW monk tanking right now is vastly superior to 2h right now.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    DW monk tanking right now is vastly superior to 2h right now.
    Does it depend on the weapons and if they are enchanted?

Pros: Having double Dancing Steel is beneficial, as you can have both proc at the same time. "Smoother" elusive brew stacks, instead of the "chunky" intake, and higher damage output.

Cons: Having to get 2 weapons. Having to get 2 dancing steel. Fighting with rogues/enhance shaman for weapons.

Deleted
    haha yea the only reason im using a 2hander right now is coz i want to reduce enchant cost early in the xpac season.....and i have crap luck with weapon drops