I wish I had one of those 3 120hz moniter setups. Don't even know what can run those things in surround.
    Playing since 2007.

I'll post specs when I get home, can't remember specifics at work atm....

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMG_3674.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMG_1239.jpg

Yes I was playing SWTOR and WoW at the same time, Was leveling my professions in SWTOR while prepping for raid in WoW.

< thumbnail your images please! >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-12-31 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I wish I had one of those 3 120hz moniter setups. Don't even know what can run those things in surround.
    In gaming or other things where the hardware is being pushed at all? I imagine the list goes to about "Nothing," basically. However, I can imagine that this setup would do excellently with epileptics, as this will probably greatly improve their PC experience in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I'll post specs when I get home, can't remember specifics at work atm....
    Is that...9 cards? I'm assuming it's 3 different builds with Tri-SLI on each of them.
    Playing since 2007.

Is that...9 cards? I'm assuming it's 3 different builds with Tri-SLI on each of them.
    Yes that is 9 cards. They serve another purpose besides gaming.

Nice Rigs. Mine is a little older but still gets the job done no problems. Run Everything I play which is Skyrim, WoW, SC2, D3, gw2 at max settings on everything @ 1900 x 1200 and I still get around 80+fps.

Proc: I7-970 6 core 12 thread CPU
    Mobo: Asus Sabertooth x58
    RAM: 16gb ddr3-1600 Corsair RAM
    HDD: 250gb SSD and a 1tb 7200 RPM drive
    VC: 2x GTX 560ti 2gb version in SLI
    Case: Antec 900 gaming case
    Cooling: Corsair Liquid cooling
    Monitor: Hanns-G 28 inch 1080p lcd

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, a single 7970 is hardly enough for 120Hz, multi-monitor setups or even 1440p given that you want to absolutely max out all current games. A modded Skyrim, Far Cry 3, or even Battlefield 3 can push a 7970 stock to it's limits.
    I play on one monitor, i HATE multi monitor setups, until the day they bring out screens with NO edges whatsoever (not even a 1mm edge) I prefer having my one, nice big screen. Its 60Hz and 1080p I don't need to overclock a 7970. I'm not gonna upgrade the monitor to get higher resolutions either, I struggle reading some text at 1080 :/

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS MUCH MONEY!? My computer now is worse than the computers that were posted two years ago at the start of the thread.

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 with two extra GB of RAM (4 total) and a Radeon 6670. Epic Core 2 quad 2.4gHz, 32-bit windows 7 and 1TB HDD.

I get a smooth 25FPS in SC2 under medium settings and light load with nothing else running (I can't even have Chrome open in the background). I will include my paypal so that the rich people in this forum can donate to my non-poor rig

Edit: wrong thread.
    Incidentally, you can actually flat out delete your post, just so you know.

CPU: I5-3570k
    Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2 x 8gb)1600 Mhz CL9 (Just ordered these, arriving here thurs/fri)
    HDD: 1tb, not sure of the specs...stole it from my previous computer that was prebuilt
    SSD: 120gb OCZ Vertex 3
    GPU: Radeon HD 6780
    PSU: 575W DiabloTek
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R
    Cooling: Typical low end decent aftermarket CPU cooler
    Monitor: Some Hanspree I've had for a few years now, couldn't even tell you the size

Possible future plans involve replacing the CPU cooler with a Corsair H60 or H80, upgrading to a nicer 24" monitor, and purchasing an Asus Xonar D1 or DX sound card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS MUCH MONEY!? My computer now is worse than the computers that were posted two years ago at the start of the thread.

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 with two extra GB of RAM (4 total) and a Radeon 6670. Epic Core 2 quad 2.4gHz, 32-bit windows 7 and 1TB HDD.

I get a smooth 25FPS in SC2 under medium settings and light load with nothing else running (I can't even have Chrome open in the background). I will include my paypal so that the rich people in this forum can donate to my non-poor rig
    dont have kids

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Incidentally, you can actually flat out delete your post, just so you know.
    Well, that's a new, Thanks.
    Playing since 2007.

65+ hours/week at a banking firm where Ivy league grads burn out after a few months
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

I bust my ass at work and so does my wife to be able to afford some of the luxories in life. We don't blow our money on alcohol or useless stuff that we have no use for.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/Starter69_photos/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3674.jpg
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMG_1239.jpg
    Erm, you should really consider a test bench if you're not wanting to put them in a case, the stress on those PCIe slots is not good for them... It's amazing they still work now...

Consider:
    http://www.inwin-style.com/pd_info.php?id=230
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6664
    or something similar!
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-31 at 10:38 PM.

With the nature of the setups I'd probably sooner think about the 300R tbf, Phobya's testbench or LD Cooling's test bench.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With people asking how do you got that kind of money my answer is its a hobby. Some people buy and restore cars some people by big screen tv's in every room of there house, some people buy and play MagicTG(which is expensive I know), some people collect sports memorabilia its all hobby.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    With people asking how do you got that kind of money my answer is its a hobby. Some people buy and restore cars some people by big screen tv's in every room of there house, some people buy and play MagicTG(which is expensive I know), some people collect sports memorabilia its all hobby.
    You missed one of the worst.

Being a musician. ;p

My drumset alone is worth $5,000-6,000.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is 9 cards. They serve another purpose besides gaming.
    Code Cracking or video rendering? :P

My media server died last night................... , So I went out and bought this crap:

The PSU is for my tower, and I took my old Thermaltake 430w and stuck it in the server.

I dont even turn my server off anymore, I configured RDP for multiple concurrent connections, so I just remote in when I need to do any maintenance. Its a lot better then trying to find a keyboard and mouse to hook up at 3am. :P
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-01 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

A 650 watt PSU for an AMD APU setup? =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water