Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxt of Detheroc View Post
    So did they change something in 5.1? Because last time I solved a Pandaria artifact, it was worth 1g. Every single one of them was worth 1g. Not worth vendoring in the least imo.
    It's been that way since launch. You're not really meant to vendor them, I think. Buy other crates of fragments with them and then put together a more valuable piece of vendortrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxt of Detheroc View Post
    So did they change something in 5.1? Because last time I solved a Pandaria artifact, it was worth 1g. Every single one of them was worth 1g. Not worth vendoring in the least imo.
    its been like this since MoP came out. solved Pandaren and Mogu artifacts are meant to be turned into Restored Artifact crates which can be used as currency for buying pre-MoP fragments and other items from Brann Bronzebeard in the Seat of Knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even begin to describe my feelings towards the Tol'vir artifacts. I just want my damn crawling claw.

With that said trading in panda and mogu artifacts is definetely the way to go. Sometimes I would have to dig at 6 or 7 other sites to get a Tol'vir to pop up. And the pre MoP artifacts that you complete still vendor for a nice amount, where as the panda and mogu artifacts vendor for just 1 gold.

IF you dont train arch past 525 all your digs will be in the jade forest. Which means less flying around pandaria

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

Quote Originally Posted by Jholagian View Post
    IF you dont train arch past 525 all your digs will be in the jade forest. Which means less flying around pandaria
    Is that so? Well shit, I wish I'd known that ahead of time. Nothing sucked worse than having four digsites in the farthest extreme of all four cardinal directions.

I have absolutely no idea on the specific number. It was between 250-300, is all I know. It was ridiculous.

I don't know which route is quicker (Pandaria or Kalimdor). The upside to Kalimdor is that you're farming for Tol'Vir directly, you'll earn some vendor cash and that it's easy to get around Kalimdor if you're Horde. Obvious downsides are potentially longer travel times (especially as Alliance), some of the worst digsites around and you can hit really bad streaks of getting no Tol'Vir digsites in a row (but getting several Tol'Vir sites in a row probably make up for those).
    The upside to Pandaria is that you'll receive a steady supply of Tol'Vir fragments, you'll get lots of easy digsites, you'll earn plenty of achievements (and possibly a title) along the way and you can farm Pandaria rares/herbs/metals while flying. Downsides are having to convert all your artifacts and turn them in at a vendor.

Myself I've opted to farm it in Pandaria, especially because I can go to a random location in Pandaria every 15 minutes due to being an engineer. I prefer steady progress, some extra achievement points and the possibility of running into the Pandaria rares. But I'm probably biased because I absolutely hated digging in Kalimdor for so long, with it's horrible terrain and huge, oddly shaped digsites (Un'Goro -.- ).

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Either you have very bad luck or I have very good luck. I made thousands of golds in a few hours of archaeology. There are loads of expensive greyes that sell for an awfull lot. Especially since they upped the ammount of fragments you get and being able to dig 6 times at a site.

The new ones on the other hand are completely worthless trash. Afterall they couldn't have archaeology giving any kind of money, that would be insane now that it's an outdated Cataclysm profession. I'd rather take vendor trash then 3-9 tol'vir fragments.

For some reason your post made me really, really angry. You just became the person I hate most on this forum.
    You had very good luck, especially if it only took you a few hours. There are only 4 vendor items combined in Night Elf/Fossil/Tol'Vir archaeology that have a vendor value over 20 gold. I wouldn't call 4 out of a possible 37 vendor items "loads of expensive greys". Most Fossil/Night Elf stuff vendors for only 1 or 5 gold and most Tol'Vir stuff vendors for 10 gold. I didn't include Troll and Dwarf because they are rare to get in Kalimdor. But Trolls have 2 items out of 14 that vendor for over 20 gold (25 and 50 gold) and Dwarfs have 1 item out of 27 (several are at exactly 20 gold). 50-200 gold is indeed an exaggeration, you're more likely looking at an average of 10-15 gold.

The crates drop 5-10 fragments btw.

Deleted
    I still didn't get this scepter, currently sitting at 258 Tol'Vir solves. Guess that i have very bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I still didn't get this scepter, currently sitting at 258 Tol'Vir solves. Guess that i have very bad luck.
    That's not too far off from the averages I've seen. You'll get it eventually if you keep at it. Just do some digging between queues or when you don't feel like doing anything else. A long playlist of your favourite tunes really helps, too.

Got it on my 363rd solve, to bad I was ultimately after the claw. 504 tol'vir solves and still no claw! Needless to say, I was -not- to proud to buy one once it became tradeable in mop.

Almost 200 solves here with no luck

Deleted
    This is rare, and really hard to loot

I have a total of 77 solves for Tol'vir, and I stopped when I got the mount.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Tol'vir doesn't even pop up until 450 skill, right?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Tol'vir doesn't even pop up until 450 skill, right?
    That is correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm over 200 solves and I've got every other rare item offered by the Tol'vir, still no mount. I'm just doing it via Pandaria arch now. It's slower, but I don't care as much as I used to.

solve 306 for my mount. 200 more and counting and no crawling claw... FU RNG. all solves except for maybe 40 are from pre-mop. it will come eventually

I'm over 100+ solves, though not sure the exact number. I've still yet to get it, no mount or claw.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I guess i can consider myself lucky. I got my scepter after 69 solves.

Special circumstances however - I farmed archeology when the guild perk Bountiful Bags increased the droprate of keystones significantly. (and sometimes you got two in one artifact gather) So it did take me less time to solve them being able to cap out my keystones on every single solve.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)