Why do PvErd think slaying dragons takes more skill than playing against a player

I don't understand How Dragon Slaying is harder than 2200+ arena and Higher....

I've never once thought PvEing is harder than PvPing or vice versa, but the game would be better off without PvP.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How can anyone say that a mechanical process which is the same for every pull is harder than individual choices by players ?

Oh my this topic, first of all each division of this game has a different skill set. I'm friend with many glads/rank1 players that do struggle with hardmode fights in the pve aspect of the game. Be it they can't pull the right numbers, stand in fire, can't handle mechanics etc. It's a completely different monster than the pvp aspect of the game. You can't even compare the two.

The real question is: why in the hell does anyone care? PvPers PvP, PvErs PvE, some do both; the world spins regardless.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

both take skill, but different kinds of skill
    PVE has a lot more focus on dealing with more predictable fights but which use difficult mechanics that require practice and dedication to beat
    PVP is more about simpler mechanics (in comparison) but unpredictable and with a lot of adjusting tactics on the fly

Not harder just different but PvP is more complex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    It isnt. Whoever told you so trolled you to make you create this thread. You dont compare apples and oranges.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Not harder just different but PvP is more complex.
    But it really isn't. To be good at both you just have to do research and apply them to the different aspects of the game.

The game would be better without PvP. Personally, if I want to face another player, I would want to do it in a fair environment, like in League of Legends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can one say rng is harder than... I'll let you fill in the rest!

Imho it's about the same.

In PvP you have to adapt to every single combo out there, being good at keeping an overview of the fight and knowing which player to push dps on and which to CC. ( I do not PvP myself, this is just how I believe it's done? Bleh.)

In PvE you have a boss with "mostly" set ability rotations and actions. Furthermore you have 10 / 25 people who has to do the encounter perfectly for it to be a kill, I myself raid 10 man, and often one fuckup from a player means a wipe. Without knowing how long an arena battle is, I'll say this; Having 10 peeps staying focused for around 10 - 15 minutes isn't the easiest thing in the world after 30 - 40 wipes on the same boss.

I'll cut it here and leave with this;

Why does it matter which is the hardest? Why is it important to KNOW one is doing the "hardest" thing in-game, wheather it being PvE og PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can get 2200 in like 2 hours try clearing all current raid content in 2 hours on heroic........
    There is my 2 cents

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    you can get 2200 in like 2 hours try clearing all current raid content in 2 hours on heroic........
    There is my 2 cents
    I'm impressed how you can get 2.2k in 2h..
    Even if you have the skill and the gear, unless you start with 3k mmr, have an instant queue and win every match within 5min, you won't get 2.2k.
    Clearing every boss on hc when you have the gear for it already, I don't think topguilds need much more than 2h to clear it all.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Never heard anyone say that and it would be a stupid and pointless argument comparing apples to oranges . . .

Creating PvE vs. PvP threads isn't allowed. Stop trying to cause drama.

Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions