Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Wrong.
    You have to have some fun with it to keep yourself sane. You think talking to anywhere from 50-100 ungrateful dicks every day at work wouldn't get tiring? This message was probably a breath of fresh air. Reminds me of that picture "I had fun once. I HATED IT"
    Wonder if you'll feel the same, if the clerk at the counter decides to grab a deck of cards, n' play for half an hour with the person in front of you because..., his / her job is tiring and she wanted to have some fun.

Get serious kids, GM's get paid to assist people with whatever game related issues they might have.., not to RP with you because you're suddenly bored.

Quote Originally Posted by lb9591 View Post
    How can you be sure the other players concerns are pressing? Do you know what issues they were having? I guess this is a bit subjective not objective.
    Right. With 10 million players, there couldn't be ANY issue out there that is more pressing than "why the fuck is this tank still sitting out here?".

I've read my fill of idiocy for the day.

Good night all, and happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Only a child would find this amusing, or a create a ticket for this. Or people desperate for someone to talk to.

GM's are there to do a job and help people with real issues. BS tickets like this is the reason queues are days long.

This is the equivalent of going to a cafeteria (or any place of service) somewhere and you're just standing up there bullshitting with the lady taking orders, while there is a line a mile long behind you of people who still need to be served.

Considerate people, I don't expect from this game.
    Only a child would find this amusing?

):

I'm 19 and it put a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Wonder if you'll feel the same, if the clerk at the counter decides to grab a deck of cards, n' play for half an hour with the person in front of you because..., his / her job is tiring and she wanted to have some fun.

Get serious kids, GM's get paid to assist people with whatever game related issues they might have.., not to RP with you because you're suddenly bored.

This. And the lack of mentality in this thread that doesn't understand this, just speaks volumes about your characters

To be clear...there is nothing wrong with Blizzard replying to these petititons -- they have to, it's their job. It's cute that they're cute. No one here has ANY ISSUE WITH THE GM!!! Hello?!!?! It's the people who put these useless tickets in is where the problem is.

FML.

How can you be sure the other players concerns are pressing? Do you know what issues they were having? I guess this is a bit subjective not objective.

It depends on what their ticket says. According to the Q and A, they read the ticket and prioritize it.

I'm sure a "I can't see my chat log" (which the solution is usually delete interface/WTF folder) will have a different priority than "My account-wide achievement isn't showing on my alt"

MMOchampion is still my favorite place to read people who clearly have very hard poops daily.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    MMOchampion is still my favorite place to read people who clearly have very hard poops daily.
    Isn't it sad to see people who play a GAME every day and have such a hard time identifying fun when faced with it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    Isn't it sad to see people who play a GAME every day and have such a hard time identifying fun when faced with it?
    Yes and No. The assumption that stuff like that is THE CAUSE for long ques, irks me greatly tho. It's one of the most stupid and Ignorant things people conclude.

The lack of Whimsey, the Judgmental drama, the, "IT HAS TO BE MY WAY, SO NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" ... They are all the things that add to this games social failures.

Who cares about the vapidity of the question, the GM entertained a customer and I am sure the GM enjoyed the oppertunity, which means he is happy, and the next guy with QQ about the game will get a better reply, rite? Who do you want helping you? The GM who answered 20 tickets with complete douche bags venting on him, or the GM who took the time to do that? Think about it.
    It's a cascade of positivity.
    Maybe some are too bitter and jaded to get how that reverbs, or some just still think women who show ankles are sluts.. idk but it's fucking weird however you cut it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    all though this is funny and nice to read i do also agree with many of the comments about this is why we have so many automated responses and cues are so long... nevertheless funny to read
    Last edited by mmoc4d7ca67e33; 2013-01-01 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    the lack of sense of humor in this thread is depressing.

I enjoyed this post
    So if you were in a painfully long queue at the post office, DMV or whatever only to see the guy at the front chatting, joking around and wasting time with the desk clerk instead of getting their business sorted, you wouldn't have a problem? Because that is no different to what is going on here.

Most people have nothing against fun and humor but when GM queues wait times are some sort of a sad joke, wasting their time with nonsense isn't going to win you legions of fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus I'm glad I don't work with all of you hard asses that say you shouldn't have fun at your job. Your job is the most important place to have fun! If you can't enjoy what you do then at least enjoy the time you put into it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    Scientific proof that some people don't realise you really shouldn't fool around in your job. Do it on free time
    Scientific proof that you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Only a child would find this amusing?

):

I'm 19 and it put a smile on my face
    i'm almost 23

but then again, i do like to make those poop jokes

maybe i'm not as mature as i thought i was

Deleted
    That response wasn't funny or 'clever', don't know why some people here are hailing it as the joke of the year.

Fact is, that ticket is a non-issue. There's no resolution the GM can bring about nor is that tank impacting on your enjoyment of the game. What service exactly was required or provided? A bit of comic relief for people with a sense of humour equivalent to a 12 year old?

At the end of the day the flametards here are right; GMs have a job to do and they are PAID to WORK, it's not meant to be an outlet for them to share silly stories or answer some bored child's asinine questions on a whim. If even 100,000 players send in these kinds of tickets and it takes just 2minutes to formulate a reply, that's 3333 and a bit hours (139 days) wasted. I'm sure the actual number of stupid tickets being sent in is much higher.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-01-01 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    That response wasn't funny or 'clever', don't know why some people here are hailing it as the joke of the year.

Fact is, that ticket is a non-issue. There's no resolution the GM can bring about nor is that tank impacting on your enjoyment of the game. What service exactly was required or provided? A bit of comic relief for people with a sense of humour equivalent to a 12 year old?

At the end of the day the flametards here are right; GMs have a job to do and they are PAID to WORK, it's not meant to be an outlet for them to share silly stories or answer some bored child's asinine questions on a whim. If even 100,000 players send in these kinds of tickets and it takes just 2minutes to formulate a reply, that's 3333 and a bit hours (139 days) wasted. I'm sure the actual number of stupid tickets being sent in is much higher.
    All of you chastising this guy for putting a silly ticket in are what is wrong in this world. It was funny, none of you can say it caused a detriment to any players. All you're doing is speculating.

Deleted
    All of you chastising this guy for putting a silly ticket in are what is wrong in this world. It was funny, none of you can say it caused a detriment to any players. All you're doing is speculating.
    Did you even read what you just quoted? All it takes is 1% of the playerbase to write dumbass tickets, whether that's ones like the OP or "HERP DERP WHY I NOT GET LEWT FROM LFR" type questions that they could have looked up themselves to waste thousands of hours. Of course that causes a detriment to other players with genuine issues. What, do you think Blizzard employs special GMs that only deal with so called "fun" tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Yeah, because that is something I'd write a ticket about.
    On my sever we still have up to 5 days of waiting time for a GM response. Maybe you're playing on some unpopulated server, I don't. I don't get my "pressing concerns" answered very swiftly.

Protip: Stop being a douche.
    I'm pretty sure there they get more useless tickets about petty crap like bigfoot1291 posted than questions about the game or its lore.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    This.

People should stop bothering the GMs with such nonsense. He could have done his job by responding to 2-3 pressing concerns rather than this.

A job is a job. Have your fun elsewhere.
    yea, he could've helped several people by telling them to delete their cache, interface and WTF folder.

This.

People should stop bothering the GMs with such nonsense. He could have done his job by responding to 2-3 pressing concerns rather than this.

A job is a job. Have your fun elsewhere.
    What is a pressing concern? Complaining about how X is too strong and needs nerfs? To buff Y? Or that Z needs completely redesigned? Those belong on forums, where developers and CMs (people who generally know a VAST amount more on the game than a typical Game Master) can read them and bring that attention to the higher ups.

The ~3 minutes it took to type out this short story isn't costing them more time than their copy and paste of "we're working on it and thanks for your concern."

Whatever, so it's not based upon the realm I'm playing on. Doesn't change the time I have to wait for a response.
    My protip still stands.
    I put in a ticket for a name change ~2 weeks ago. I asked the GMs to delete a level 1 on an inactive account so I could have the name and included I will purchase the name change. Ticket went up around 9pm, answered before I got home from work the next day at 3:30pm. Seems they're doing plenty good on their response times.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2013-01-01 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Did you even read what you just quoted? All it takes is 1% of the playerbase to write dumbass tickets, whether that's ones like the OP or "HERP DERP WHY I NOT GET LEWT FROM LFR" type questions that they could have looked up themselves to waste thousands of hours. Of course that causes a detriment to other players with genuine issues. What, do you think Blizzard employs special GMs that only deal with so called "fun" tickets?
    Or the GM might have taken a minute or two of what would otherwise be their free time to answer a silly ticket in a silly manner.

Honestly, there are stupider and more obnoxious tickets made that contain quasi-valid concerns. I think I only produce like five to ten tickets or so a year, if even that. With the auto-report features, that amount's cut even further, and the longest wait time I had was some 8 hours or so.

Perhaps if people are waiting for days to get their tickets answered, theirs was one of the tickets that's holding back the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Right. With 10 million players, there couldn't be ANY issue out there that is more pressing than "why the fuck is this tank still sitting out here?".

I've read my fill of idiocy for the day.

Good night all, and happy new year.
    This is you: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Translated the Example for you: After lb9591 said that one can't be sure that there are more pressing issues in Blizzard's queue, ablib responded by saying that lb9591 implied there are absolutely 0 issues in Blizzard's queue that are more pressing than the OPs.

He's not saying that there are 0 of their tickets that aren't pressing, or any less pressing, he's saying, how can you be sure that, of the tickets that they do have, there are others that are more pressing than the one the OP posted.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015