Thread: WW barb

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WW barb

so i just got back to the game and looks like ww barb is the new thing. any1 know of a guide or something as to wat i shud gear for in terms of stats etc?

cheers

For WW barb, you can really only farm MP 0-3, unless you've got like 300mil for insane gear. But MP0-2 is the best for farming anyways, and WW farms it the fastest.

Basically you just gear for the usual: Srength / All Resist / Crit+Crit Dmg, with enough vitality to get at least 30-35k hp. You'll also want at least 500 all resist unbuffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/22034567

I spent roughly 10 mil on this gear, and I farm MP1 without breaking a sweat. IK set is really nice, especially the belt, which will give you a sweet 2.8% life steal. You don't need the 5 set, but it's nice I guess. The chest is really damn expensive though.

You can use the same build that I'm using, but if you're finding it hard to survive, switch out "Unforgiving" for "Bloodthirst". You can also use "Insanity" rune for WotB.

Echoing Fury is a really awesome weapon due to its "+0.22 attacks per second", which is basically the same thing as +22% attack speed. Really huge DPS boost to Whirlwind and tornadoes from Sprint. The one I'm using there cost 1mil I think. For offhand, again just do what I did and get an offhand with decent DPS, high strength, crit damage and a socket for crit damage gem.

If you need a guide, just google "WW barb guide 1.0.5" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

thanks alot mate very helpful

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 06:32 PM ----------

how do u unlock MP? i dont have that option is life on hit any good?

I wouldn't recommend an echoing fury in the main hand. You want hard hitting weapons for MH, because that's what RLTW tornado damage is based off of, and Echoing Fury damage is deceptively low due to the +aps stat. For example, yours hits for the same as a 769 dps mace.

TL;DR, Echoing Fury offhand, good mace in main hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    For WW barb, you can really only farm MP 0-3, unless you've got like 300mil for insane gear. But MP0-2 is the best for farming anyways, and WW farms it the fastest.

Basically you just gear for the usual: Srength / All Resist / Crit+Crit Dmg, with enough vitality to get at least 30-35k hp. You'll also want at least 500 all resist unbuffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/22034567

I spent roughly 10 mil on this gear, and I farm MP1 without breaking a sweat. IK set is really nice, especially the belt, which will give you a sweet 2.8% life steal. You don't need the 5 set, but it's nice I guess. The chest is really damn expensive though.

You can use the same build that I'm using, but if you're finding it hard to survive, switch out "Unforgiving" for "Bloodthirst". You can also use "Insanity" rune for WotB.

Echoing Fury is a really awesome weapon due to its "+0.22 attacks per second", which is basically the same thing as +22% attack speed. Really huge DPS boost to Whirlwind and tornadoes from Sprint. The one I'm using there cost 1mil I think. For offhand, again just do what I did and get an offhand with decent DPS, high strength, crit damage and a socket for crit damage gem.

If you need a guide, just google "WW barb guide 1.0.5" or something.
    5pc ik + unforgiving passive = drop your rage generator for hota smash.

Deleted
    Do not listen to Vook.

A WW barb performs best at around 3-5MP, and can easily be done at a budget of 1-5mill.

Get Lifesteal on both your weapons and your belt, get around 700-1000 life on hit, either from weapons or amulet/rings. You can skip the lifesteal on your mainhand, in favor of a higher dps weapon.

For weapons you should really try and get crit damage and a socket, dont look for weapons with main stats, because you will likely have to pay alot more per strenght point on your weapon, than any other slot piece. If you find a good priced one with strenght or vita, buy it, but dont go searching for it.

For mp3-5 the key stats you need is around:
    6%-8% life steal
    600-1000 Life on hit
    400+ all resistance
    40k life
    40k dps

Looking at Vooks gear, he is almost ready for mp 5 farming himself, he just needs to get new weapons. Echoing fury is a nice weapon, but at lower gear levels, you just cant afford to skip lifesteal on both weapons.

Now the higher dps you get, the lower your need for life on hit becomes, but for budget gear sets it is absolutely needed for reflect packs

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/k...477/hero/78748

This is the build i use
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2013-01-01 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Do not listen to Vook.

A WW barb performs best at around 3-5MP, and can easily be done at a budget of 1-5mill.

Get Lifesteal on both your weapons and your belt, get around 700-1000 life on hit, either from weapons or amulet/rings. You can skip the lifesteal on your mainhand, in favor of a higher dps weapon.

For weapons you should really try and get crit damage and a socket, dont look for weapons with main stats, because you will likely have to pay alot more per strenght point on your weapon, than any other slot piece. If you find a good priced one with strenght or vita, buy it, but dont go searching for it.

For mp3-5 the key stats you need is around:
    6%-8% life steal
    600-1000 Life on hit
    400+ all resistance
    40k life
    40k dps

Looking at Vooks gear, he is almost ready for mp 5 farming himself, he just needs to get new weapons. Echoing fury is a nice weapon, but at lower gear levels, you just cant afford to skip lifesteal on both weapons.

Now the higher dps you get, the lower your need for life on hit becomes, but for budget gear sets it is absolutely needed for reflect packs
    To add to this, a mighty belt with lifesteal (immortal king's can be bought for cheap) as well as the lifesteal passive are two great options for survivability, imo.

Do not listen to Vook.

Everyone over on Diablofans was telling me that farming MP0-2 is the best, because you're killing elites faster and thus, getting more rares from the guarateed rare at 5NV. They said that higher MP is really only for key/organ farming.

Is 8% lifesteal really necessary though? I honestly do just fine in MP1 with only 2.8% on belt and 0 LoH. Life never really drops below 70% on elites.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Deleted
    Everyone over on Diablofans was telling me that farming MP0-2 is the best, because you're killing elites faster and thus, getting more rares from the guarateed rare at 5NV. They said that higher MP is really only for key/organ farming.

Is 8% lifesteal really necessary though? I honestly do just fine in MP1 with only 2.8% on belt and 0 LoH. Life never really drops below 70% on elites.
    They are generally right about that, but the strenght of the WW spec comes when your enemies stay alive, long enough to be killed in the tornadoes behind you. So if everything dies instantly for you, then your "wasting" the tornado aspect of the entire spec, and are better off with a large 2hander smash spec, or something like that.

Also, it is a whole lot easier to keep 100% wrath of the berserker uptime in higher MP levels.

About lifesteal, Life steal only really becomes "powerful" at around 60k + Dps, and until then, yes 6%-8% (depending on your life on hit ofcouse) becomes extreemly helpful.

But again, if mp0-1 farming is the goal, then do as you like, you really cant go wrong.

They are generally right about that, but the strenght of the WW spec comes when your enemies stay alive, long enough to be killed in the tornadoes behind you. So if everything dies instantly for you, then your "wasting" the tornado aspect of the entire spec, and are better off with a large 2hander smash spec, or something like that.
    The only things that die immediately from WW are weaker mobs like Fallen and such. I did try doing MP4, and I just got my ass handed to me immediately. I dunno, maybe I was doing it wrong, but mobs were hitting really hard.

HotA builds, yes, those are what I use for MP6/MP7 for key farming. Really powerful, but really sluggish compared to WW.

Also, it is a whole lot easier to keep 100% wrath of the berserker uptime in higher MP levels.
    Yeah, I always wondered why WW guides said to use Thrive on Chaos, because I could never keep it up for very long in MP1.

About lifesteal, Life steal only really becomes "powerful" at around 60k + Dps, and until then, yes 6%-8% (depending on your life on hit ofcouse) becomes extreemly helpful.
    Well yeah, I'm kinda at like, 120k DPS, so that's probably why 2.8% works fine for me. :P

Deleted
    The only things that die immediately from WW are weaker mobs like Fallen and such. I did try doing MP4, and I just got my ass handed to me immediately. I dunno, maybe I was doing it wrong, but mobs were hitting really hard.

HotA builds, yes, those are what I use for MP6/MP7 for key farming. Really powerful, but really sluggish compared to WW.

If you could get your gear a little optimized i am betting with 120k dps, you should be able to run mp3 as fast as mp1 .

Yeah, I always wondered why WW guides said to use Thrive on Chaos, because I could never keep it up for very long in MP1.
    Well yeah, I'm kinda at like, 120k DPS, so that's probably why 2.8% works fine for me. :P
    when i hit 70k dps, i timed my mp1 runs with my mp3 runs, and they were nearly dead even, due to a little extra monster health not really adding extra kill time for a ww spec, it does not matter if they need 1 or 2 ticks of the tornado, as long as they die in the tornadoes,

thanks for answers guys how do u unlock mp tho?

when i hit 70k dps, i timed my mp1 runs with my mp3 runs, and they were nearly dead even, due to a little extra monster health not really adding extra kill time for a ww spec, it does not matter if they need 1 or 2 ticks of the tornado, as long as they die in the tornadoes,
    Yeah, but don't you pick anything up? I can't really do the "just run and let everything die in tornadoes" thing if I'm farming for items, not solely for paragon EXP. I'm always running back and picking stuff up after things die. (I don't pick up EVERYTHING though, I only pick things up like ilvl62+ weapons, rings/amulets, ilvl 62+ armor, etc. basically only the good stuff)

Deleted
    Yeah, but don't you pick anything up? I can't really do the "just run and let everything die in tornadoes" thing if I'm farming for items, not solely for paragon EXP. I'm always running back and picking stuff up after things die. (I don't pick up EVERYTHING though, I only pick things up like ilvl62+ weapons, rings/amulets, ilvl 62+ armor, etc. basically only the good stuff)
    Yeah i do picks items up, but only

Gloves
    Bracers
    Rings and amulets
    Emerald and ruby gems
    And most, but not all types of 1 handed weapons.

The rest i just leave on the floor, as the time spent identifying the items and selling them to a vendor, is better spent killing something and picking up the dropped gold..

it is my advice to you, to pick up ALL gloves, despite Ilv. Some of the best trifecta gloves my friends own, are ilv 60-61 gloves.

But to be honest, when i am farming for items, i tend to use my archon wizard, as they are just so insanely easy and fast to farm with, a full run can be done using only one mouse button and just laying on the couch :P

Where's the best place to farm as a budget WW barb?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Where's the best place to farm as a budget WW barb?
    The most commonly used one is the alkaizer route:
    The Act 3 Run:
    Resumes game right before Azmodan
    Runs backwards through Core of Arreat, clear
    WP to Tower of Damned Level 1, clear in a circle, WP out
    WP to Arreat Crater Level 2, clear to Tower of Cursed Level 1 entrance, TP
    Waypoint to Keep Depths Level 1, enter Keep Depths Level 2, clear
    WP to Bridge of Korsikk
    Clear Fields of Slaughter, then TP
    Leave game, repeat.

I do the alkaizer runs but i tend to do it a bit more randomly, to get rid of a little of the boredom of doing the exact same thing, again and again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...8/hero/2511178

Best barb spec for farming mp4+, slight learning curve with rage management, other builds are better for ubers. Ww clears all the trash and even my weps crit for 600k with hota smash.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...74/hero/890654

heres me now, but low hp but gonna give it a try now. i assume i gotta kill diablo to unlock monster lvls?

Quote Originally Posted by Udontknowme View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...74/hero/890654

heres me now, but low hp but gonna give it a try now. i assume i gotta kill diablo to unlock monster lvls?
    No, you just go to the settings and check the box to allow Monster Power settings.

This will also be useful: http://i.imgur.com/O34nj.jpg

ah oki. cleared act easily, but its most efficient to just do lvl0 right? also how do u get that hellfire ring and shud i get a helmet with socket for extra xp?