Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And the preview season has officially begun!

Burning Tree Emissary, Experiment One, Deathpact Angel, and Illusionists Bracers are the most interesting.

Edit: Just noticed Experiment one is Human Ooze. The Simic have the best creature type combinations ever.

Last edited by Dontrike; 2012-12-31 at 05:40 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Murder Investigation - great name, awesome card. I just realized, I don't see guild watermarks. I can't tell really what guild this is intended for.
    Gridlock - Just like last set, I miss Sleep....
    Tin Street Market - wow, overcosted much? Red or not, screw that.
    Viashino Shanktail - I still don't like Bloodrush, but it's nice to see another Viashino (not surprising given the location)
    Drakewing Krasis - I'd rather have Assault Zeppelid
    Burning-Tree Emissary - works even outside its set, due to being a shaman. Fitting card, like it

Thought: Can you equip Illusionist's bracers to Deathpact Angel, get two clerics, equip one with the Bracers, and get two Angels?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Murder Investigation - great name, awesome card. I just realized, I don't see guild watermarks. I can't tell really what guild this is intended for.
    Gridlock - Just like last set, I miss Sleep....
    Tin Street Market - wow, overcosted much? Red or not, screw that.
    Viashino Shanktail - I still don't like Bloodrush, but it's nice to see another Viashino (not surprising given the location)
    Drakewing Krasis - I'd rather have Assault Zeppelid
    Burning-Tree Emissary - works even outside its set, due to being a shaman. Fitting card, like it

Thought: Can you equip Illusionist's bracers to Deathpact Angel, get two clerics, equip one with the Bracers, and get two Angels?
    Murder Investigation being guildless usually means any white guild can be part of it. I would imagine any of them would put their own investigation up if someone in their guild was murdered.

Tin Street Market - I almost freaked when I saw the effect, but then I read the cost and nothing special about it, although I wouldn't mind running a copy in a sealed deck during the prerelease.

Gridlock - It has the potential to be better than Sleep, if you are up against 3 or less creatures it is the same, if not better, and since it is an instant means it has a better shot of being played more often than sleep.

The bracers only work if the card has a ":" as part of it's ability. It would need to say triggered ability to work from Deathpact Angel dying. It can even work with planeswalkers if you turn them into creatures.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2012-12-31 at 07:01 AM.

I think murder investigation is a very azorius/Orzhov card. When the creature dies, the investigation is increased by the power, which I think resembles it's importance.
    Like [c]Soul Tithe[/c], guilds do have cards in sets where they're not represented.

The bracers will fit good in my Niv-Mizzet EDH deck.

Other than that I'm not too excited yet. The 5/4 Bloodrush guy seems cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shoot, I might have to throw some transguild promenades in my angel deck for that deathpact angel. Looks pretty legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, I been outta the game for a LOOOONG time. Some of those cards look re-farkin-diculous to an old-timer like me. Last expac I remember buying was Invasion (I think that is what it was called).

I still have my old cards, break em out once in a while to play with my boys and teach em how to play.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 08:43 PM ----------

Man, looks like ALL the rules have changed since I last played....
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Today's spoilers.

The guild leaders are pretty boss. Obzedat is bound to be really amazing and Lazav says "Who do I want to be today?"

Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-01-01 at 05:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are pretty boss I really like the w/b guild leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Holy crap, I been outta the game for a LOOOONG time. Some of those cards look re-farkin-diculous to an old-timer like me. Last expac I remember buying was Invasion (I think that is what it was called).

I still have my old cards, break em out once in a while to play with my boys and teach em how to play.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 08:43 PM ----------

Man, looks like ALL the rules have changed since I last played....
    Yep, the last rules change was when M10 came out a few years ago. Things are basically the same after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rules are not that much different though if you know the basic rules you will be fine. The stack is the main thing that is changed that I hate.
    Been playing MTG since summer of 94.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    The rules are not that much different though if you know the basic rules you will be fine. The stack is the main thing that is changed that I hate.
    Been playing MTG since summer of 94.
    Only that damage doesn't use the stack anymore, which did make a lot of creatures worse, but things are the same besides that. Hasn't been a major rules change since 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazav looks remarkably similar to Circu. Odd. Wait, maybe not, but I swear I've seen a similar cloaked Dimir card.

Obzedat is pretty crazy. The fact it gets haste means you can attack with it before you exile it.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-01 at 07:09 AM.

Oh look another card. This one looks like it is the prerelease promo cards. Decent limited card, not much else unless tokens go crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foundry Champion is kinda high casting for Boro's IDK seems like you pretty much should have the game won by then It will be good in draft but then again I think Boros will be like Red/Black where it will fizzle out more often then naught and that card will help unless your board is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh look another card. This one looks like it is the prerelease promo cards. Decent limited card, not much else unless tokens go crazy.

[IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/gtc/9wstmvlpdq_en.jpg[IMG]
    This

equiped with this

and then you bring out this

And then suddenly the world is burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be an awesome combo. Of course, you'd have to set your deck up with more goblins to make good use of Krenko (Rise of the Hobgoblins is OP) I like the Foundry Champion. Fits well, and I like indirect damage. Besides, in a typical white/red weenie deck, by the time you can play it, you should have plenty of creatures on the battlefield. Squadron Hawk anyone? Raise the Alarm, Captain's Call, all that noise.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-01 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Foundry Champion is kinda high casting for Boro's IDK seems like you pretty much should have the game won by then It will be good in draft but then again I think Boros will be like Red/Black where it will fizzle out more often then naught and that card will help unless your board is gone.
    It is definitely more of a limited card than anything else, if we see it in constructed play is the question, although that won't happen until after rotation at the earliest.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 12:08 AM ----------

Holy shit Gideon! He is going to mess something up, but he isn't as good as his first iteration. The cipher card is definitely what Cipher needed to start to look good and the Gruul card is going to be messing something up. Oh hey it's Mythic Proportions as an instant! And the Specter is pretty nice too, really fragile right now, but being able to play your opponents lands seems like fun to me. The guildmage is pretty nice, I know I will be playing Simic at least once with the prerelease.

Now for the prerelease promos.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 02:31 AM ----------

Hey look another one.

Biovisionary 1
    Creature - Human Wizard (R)
    At the beginning of each end step, if you control four or more creatures named ~, you win the game.
    2/3
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-01-02 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Green/Blue is going to be so good for draft and Sealed I know its the guild that I am going to run at prerelease that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of new cards today, but I'll only link one, because Gideon isn't useless anymore

The "prevent all damage" thing is a little redundant considering he's indestructible...

Wouldn't the loyalty counters be removed from him if he took damage without that clause?

Also, my pet peeve for gatecrash: "Where are the merfolks???"