Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Even if you want to save the adds for better suited classes, Glaive Toss beast Powershot in single target damage. There is just no reason to use Powershot anywhere unless you specifically need a knockback or if you want to tick off your melee DPS.

With that said, the latter reason is a very good and compelling reason to spec into Powershot.
    The argument could be used for H wind lord though. If you use powershot once at the beginning then again when he is taking 600% extra damage then readiness and power shot again, that would out out quite a bit of burst damage though.

Powershot will hit for approximately 123,871 - 247,742 damage unbuffed without anything up with a 504 weapon. Now, 600% of that is 743,226 - 1,486,452 damage. 1 GT would do 360,000 - 720,000, but since you can get two off during recklessness that would put it at 720,000 - 1,440,000 damage. Which would make powershot useless.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The argument could be used for H wind lord though. If you use powershot once at the beginning then again when he is taking 600% extra damage then readiness and power shot again, that would out out quite a bit of burst damage though.

Powershot will hit for approximately 123,871 - 247,742 damage unbuffed without anything up with a 504 weapon. Now, 600% of that is 743,226 - 1,486,452 damage. 1 GT would do 360,000 - 720,000, but since you can get two off during recklessness that would put it at 720,000 - 1,440,000 damage. Which would make powershot useless.
    Just realized I said ''beast'' instead of ''beats''. Sometimes I wonder how some of my typos get through me proofreading every post 10 times in a row. Anyway...

Yes Powershot has a longer cooldown, hence why it benefits more from Readiness' reset. I think this is more a matter of RNG in terms of procs and crits. At the end of the day Powershot has one chance to crit, Glaive Toss has 4 and if one of them crits it already beats Powershot. Then again if Powershot does crit Glaive Toss isn't going to catch up anytime soon. But I don't quite understand the argument of letting other classes AoE the adds instead. Frost Death Knights are a given, they do large cleave damage just by using their single target rotation. But Survival Hunters are currently one of the best AoE classes in the game. Might as well make use of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just to condense down everything here and make sure I've got it...

- GT > Barrage for a standard ST boss fight
    - Barrage > GT for dedicated AoE
    - Powershot is best forgotten, except for pissing people off in Eye of the Storm
    - Either GT or Barrage is a reliable gain to use on CD, even single-target, and should substitute for an Arcane Shot in the Survival priority list

What's a rough rule-of-thumb for when it's better to use Barrage? Like a certain number of targets that need to be burned down, the same way you decide whether to switch to Multi-Shotting?

im think atm we have not discussion really, GT is the far the Best option on tier 90 talents of the hunter. Instant, low focus, and posibility to hit multiple times, if blizzard do not change PowerShot and Barrage to a level when is comparable to the GT.

I personally think Barrage and PowerShot design is really bad, or Glaive Toss design is OP.

The question is i love to see this abilities some synergy with the rotation of the hunter, i mean, sometype of debuff o buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    So just to condense down everything here and make sure I've got it...

- GT > Barrage for a standard ST boss fight
    - Barrage > GT for dedicated AoE
    - Powershot is best forgotten, except for pissing people off in Eye of the Storm
    - Either GT or Barrage is a reliable gain to use on CD, even single-target, and should substitute for an Arcane Shot in the Survival priority list

What's a rough rule-of-thumb for when it's better to use Barrage? Like a certain number of targets that need to be burned down, the same way you decide whether to switch to Multi-Shotting?
    I'd still use Glaive toss on H wind lord because you can get 2 off during recklessness making it far superior to just one barrage with wasted GCDs and what have you. Any other fight you should be using barrage only if glaive toss can't cleave the other targets.

In regards to H wind lord and recklessness, with my stats unbuffed you'd get 720,000 - 1,440,000 damage every 2 glaive tosses and only 576,000 - 1,152,000 with barrage. You also should be able to cleave all the adds with glaive toss too making it pull ahead of barrage even more simply because it already does more damage.

So:

- GT > Barrage for a standard ST boss fight.
    - Barrage => GT for dedicated AoE when glaive toss cannot hit all the targets.
    - Powershot is best forgotten, except for pissing people off in Eye of the Storm (if it works ).
    - Either GT or Barrage is a reliable gain to use on CD, even single-target, and should substitute for an Arcane Shot in the Survival priority list if you wont be delaying your BA or ES by doing so.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-02 at 02:04 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart