Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mimiron's Head, what's right info about it?

Hi there.

Me and a few friends are about to farm this. But it's not printed anywhere how or when it drops.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But earlier it was 100% droprate from Yogg25+0, but now it's changed to a % droprate instead? But from all difficulties? Or how is it? Do it even drop in 10-man now (some say it does)

Do you think it's possible to 2-man as warrior/lock (dps warr). Got a mage available aswell, maybe better to go lock/mage?

Some tips please.

EDIT: When do the mount drop? And is it a 100% droprate anymore?

0.3% drop or something, 25 man 0 keepers ONLY
    As for how many youd need hmm....I guess you need at least 3-4 people who know it for a somewhat smooth and fast run.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Mimiron's Head used to be a 100% drop rate (during Wrath of the Lich King).
    It changed to a low % drop rate (approximately 1%) during the beginning of Cataclysm.
    According to WoWHead: http://www.wowhead.com/item=45693 it's a 3.68% drop rate from the data it receives from users with their program installed.
    It only drops on 25-man Yogg-Saron 0 lights (not talking to any of the 4 helpers after you kill them).
    It's tough to do it with less than 10 players. Obviously, the more the better. Due to the sanity mechanic it has, it'll be tougher the less players you take. I guess it's more RNG and hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    0.3% drop or something, 25 man 0 keepers ONLY
    As for how many youd need hmm....I guess you need at least 3-4 people who know it for a somewhat smooth and fast run.
    Think you might need more than that for it just because the less players you have the more those players will be hit by unavoidable sanity loss abilities such as "Psychosis".

"Psychosis—5000 Shadow damage and reduce Sanity by 12." This is fired at players outside in phase 2 continuously and is unavoidable sanity loss.

If not for Psychosis I think you could easily 2-4 man it because all other sanity loss is avoidable if you are careful. With it... i'm not sure how many you need.

Edit: Just remembered that psychosis wont reduce sanity below 30? in phase 2.... And the boss will die mega fast in phase 3 so it's probably not an issue. 4 people should be easily enough.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-01-01 at 06:04 PM.

It only drops on 25-man 0 lights. I don't know what the exact droprate is, but a fair guess would be around 1-2%.

I'm not going to say it's impossible with 2 people, but I doubt you'll be able to do it. The brain room can be harsh with only 1 person and your sanity will melt down fast. It's safely doable with 5-8 people or so, and I would recommend starting there and maybe moving down with fewer as you get more comfortable and your gear improves over time.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Hmm, so not to easy to get that mount then. Thought it was higher droprate than 0.3% hehe.
    And you say it's ONLY from Yogg25+0? Not 10+0 at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    10+0 drops a tentacle trinket only. Its 25man drop. Bck then 10man wasnt even supposed to be a "real" raidsize.

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    Hmm, so not to easy to get that mount then. Thought it was higher droprate than 0.3% hehe.
    Nope, definitely not 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    I think it's actually around 3%. Wowhead suggests something like that and I know that's the drop chance on things like Ashes of Alar. And ye it's only 25 man 0 lights (always has been).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I think it's actually around 3%. Wowhead suggests something like that and I know that's the drop chance on things like Ashes of Alar. And ye it's only 25 man 0 lights (always has been).
    Yeah, but there are a few forum that says it drop from Yogg10+0 aswell, want to be sure when I farm something that takes time to get.

We tried to 3 man this a couple of weeks ago and we did the add phase easily but as soon as yogg spawned we all died in less than 30 secs due to the psychosis, unavoidable loss of sanity that jumps from a player to another without cooldown. I don't know how people say this can be done with 2 people, I think you need 8 at least to counter the psychosis on time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    That drop rate is massively artificially inflated because it used to be 100% drop rate

The least amount of people I've done it with is 6 90's all raid geared. Have to be very good at avoiding sanity loss where you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45693
    "This item only drops in Normal 25 mode."

It does not, and never has, dropped in 10-man mode. The only mounts that drop in 10-man raids are;
    - Experiment 12-B
    - Blazing Drake
    - Azure Drake
    - Black Drake
    - Onyxian Drake
    - Drake of the South wind
    - Smoldering Egg of Millagazor
    - Grand Black War Mammoth
    - Flametalon of Alysrazor
    - Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent

No other mounts drop in 10 man. The Amani War Bear used to drop in Zul'aman prior to Wrath, but was made unavailable/removed from loot tables.
    Blue Drake does as well. (10M malygos can drop both)

You're more likely to get it by multi gold cappping, waiting for it to show on BMAH, and max bidding immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop Rate? WoWarmory says High. Wowhead says around 1.3%, but then, doesnt it count ALL Yogg kills? (1 light, 2 light, w/e lights?)

As for the number of ppl, 2 should be fine now, with a good strat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    We tried to 3 man this a couple of weeks ago and we did the add phase easily but as soon as yogg spawned we all died in less than 30 secs due to the psychosis, unavoidable loss of sanity that jumps from a player to another without cooldown. I don't know how people say this can be done with 2 people, I think you need 8 at least to counter the psychosis on time
    Malady of the Mind jumps to nearby players. While 3 manning, it should be extremely easy to avoid chaining. If you're wiping to sanity loss, I must assume that you are failing that. Also, psychosis and malady don't get cast on players under 40 sanity.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-01-02 at 04:43 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Also, psychosis and malady don't get cast on players under 40 sanity.
    They don't get cast on people below 30 or so sanity IF other people are around who have more sanity than that. If it only has targets below that threshold, you'll be losing sanity too.

The solution is to either take enough people who can catch those -12 hits or - we yet have to try this - send EVERYONE down, so that nobody will remain upstairs. Due to last Saturday's Blizzard server outage, we didn't get around to testing the latter strat.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Malady of the Mind jumps to nearby players. While 3 manning, it should be extremely easy to avoid chaining. If you're wiping to sanity loss, I must assume that you are failing that. Also, psychosis and malady don't get cast on players under 40 sanity.
    I don't think I was talking about malady of the mind at all, I said psychosis since is the only skill yogg spams in 25 man (it has a cooldown on 10 man) and the other abilities have a 30secs cooldown, so while all the other abilities require some kind of "skill" to avoid, you can't do nothing about psychosis unless you counter it by having a lot of people. We tried like 6 times and they were all wipes in less than 1 min because of the psychosis spam. While it might be true that you don't lose sanity below 30% by psychosis, having only 3 people increases the chances of same people getting the other abilities that reduces sanity, like the link or the fear. So unless you have 3 paladins or dks (if antimagic works, idk) I don't think you can't avoid the sanity loss fast enough to get into last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    I don't think I was talking about malady of the mind at all, I said psychosis since is the only skill yogg spams in 25 man (it has a cooldown on 10 man) and the other abilities have a 30secs cooldown, so while all the other abilities require some kind of "skill" to avoid, you can't do nothing about psychosis unless you counter it by having a lot of people. We tried like 6 times and they were all wipes in less than 1 min because of the psychosis spam. While it might be true that you don't lose sanity below 30% by psychosis, having only 3 people increases the chances of same people getting the other abilities that reduces sanity, like the link or the fear. So unless you have 3 paladins or dks (if antimagic works, idk) I don't think you can't avoid the sanity loss fast enough to get into last phase.
    Once a player reaches 30 max sanity, Yogg stops casting any of his sanity reducing attacks on that player. Previously applied Brain Link or Malady can still bring you below 30 if people screw up. Skulls that reduce sanity in the visions always reduce sanity regardless of current sanity.