10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    But there's no need. I'd rather be rid of the air. Have a flow. You can have positive air flow with exhaust fans as well :P
    Most of these closed loop coolers tend to have marginally better temps when set up as intakes.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Most of these closed loop coolers tend to have marginally better temps when set up as intakes.
    And the rest of the build suffers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And the rest of the build suffers. :P
    No? How is having more fresh air coming in worse than having everything pushed out the moment it comes in?

Because the air won't rummage around and be cozy in there.
    Getting air flow through it is what keeps it cool, not keeping the old, now warm from having passed a radiator, air inside.

To be fair though it's probably going to be a meaningless difference as long as some form of exhaust still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    To be fair though it's probably going to be a meaningless difference as long as some form of exhaust still exists.
    Pretty much. I'd be hard-pressed to believe a single AF120 isn't more than enough to exhaust all the air pulled in by the other fans...which is only 3 in my case, 1 bottom intake and 2 top intakes from H100.
    I've currently disabled my 200mm Megaflow because it was making more noise than all my other fans combined :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I'll challenge you to set up a build with only one fan as exhaust, and it on a fan controller.
    The rest of the fans as intakes.
    Measure RAM, CPU, VRM and GPU temps at lowest and highest. Just idling. :P It makes 4-6°C here.

Deleted
    i'd say when it comes to air cooling it is always better to have a nice balance between in and out put instead of too much of one another.
    cooling is still a sum of many variables so it makes sense if 1 variable is lower compared to the rest it affects cooling potential by a significant margin.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1x 230mm intake
    1x 200mm intake
    2x 200mm out
    1x 140mm out

The intakes are higher speeds. :P

Seems to work.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you're off to a better start on the new year than I am.

Touch screen no longer works :/
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I've dropped my Samsung Galaxy SII hundreds of times, only the side has been dented so far. I should probably get a case.

Still bed-ridden with flu though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I hope you're off to a better start on the new year than I am.

http://i.imgur.com/YLrYSl.jpg

Touch screen no longer works :/
    damm that crack right in the middle. (outside of warranty likely?)
    aah well just turn that frown upside down and think of your picture of the imac pm

10+ Year Old Account
    Replacement Corsair M90 arrives sometime today. Good job, Corsair.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Replacement Corsair M90 arrives sometime today. Good job, Corsair.
    Did it died? Have been looking at that mouse for a while, is it any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Did it died? Have been looking at that mouse for a while, is it any good?
    I love it, just some can have a mouse scroll wheel problem, where it starts scrolling down page-worths at a time, even if you're scrolling up. At first it was only every now and then, then it became like 90% of the time. Known issue though and they quickly got me an RMA #, however sadly because of everything happening right over Christmas and New Year's, it's been a few weeks, but I don't hold it against them. They got the mouse on Dec 19, so that's really good turn-around.

Only other complaint is something that only happens if you don't know how to deal with static discharge, lol. Even without using a mousepad (this mouse doesn't need one, unlike my Razer Death Adder 1800dpi) and the mouse sitting on my wood desk, I was still shocking it, and then it would shut off for a few seconds at a time - you'd hear the Windows 'USB disconnect' type sound and then it would connect again. That issue is really one just depending on your environment and if you know how to ground yourself. Just gotta be careful - however luckily it doesn't seem to do any actual damage to the mouse.

Otherwise? I love the mouse. The side buttons could be a little more responsive/easy to click, but they aren't my main function buttons, so it's no biggy. The mouse is comfy, has some nice weight, looks slick, responds otherwise very well, and feels obnoxiously well-built, just like my Corsair K90 keyboard. Even though I've now had my Razer Death Adder mouse going strong for 4 years, I still prefer the M90. Far more comfortable, has higher dpi choices, and is just all around awesome.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I love it, just some can have a mouse scroll wheel problem, where it starts scrolling down page-worths at a time, even if you're scrolling up. At first it was only every now and then, then it became like 90% of the time. Known issue though and they quickly got me an RMA #, however sadly because of everything happening right over Christmas and New Year's, it's been a few weeks, but I don't hold it against them. They got the mouse on Dec 19, so that's really good turn-around.

Only other complaint is something that only happens if you don't know how to deal with static discharge, lol. Even without using a mousepad (this mouse doesn't need one, unlike my Razer Death Adder 1800dpi) and the mouse sitting on my wood desk, I was still shocking it, and then it would shut off for a few seconds at a time - you'd hear the Windows 'USB disconnect' type sound and then it would connect again. That issue is really one just depending on your environment and if you know how to ground yourself. Just gotta be careful - however luckily it doesn't seem to do any actual damage to the mouse.

Otherwise? I love the mouse. The side buttons could be a little more responsive/easy to click, but they aren't my main function buttons, so it's no biggy. The mouse is comfy, has some nice weight, looks slick, responds otherwise very well, and feels obnoxiously well-built, just like my Corsair K90 keyboard. Even though I've now had my Razer Death Adder mouse going strong for 4 years, I still prefer the M90. Far more comfortable, has higher dpi choices, and is just all around awesome.
    Thx for the info! Will defo look into getting one next week.

Ouch, that has to suck inux. My new year is off to a pretty good start, just found out that I'm eligible for a phone upgrade so I might get myself something nice and sell this GS3 for some nice cash.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Don't you just love getting a new hard drive and partition it up a bit? Mmm, I know I do.

Lol love those drive names tetris.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Ouch, that has to suck inux. My new year is off to a pretty good start, just found out that I'm eligible for a phone upgrade so I might get myself something nice and sell this GS3 for some nice cash.
    The GS3 is practically the nicest or one of the nicest phones on the market. O_o

Also, Corsair M90 came in last night.

Also, tetrisGOAT is a nerd.
    "A flower.