Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I remember very well my Hunter, who had Rank 11 in Vanilla and was wearing the Blue PvP set, being moonfired to death in WSG during Vanilla by a Moonkin, so yeah I am pretty sure that there were moonkins in Vanilla.
    Moonkin was indeed added in Vanilla
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.8.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even 1% of WoW's subscribers got to see Naxxramas 40, and you are seriously arguing here about how hybrids were not taken along in Naxx 40?

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 05:28 PM ----------

There was only one addon available to measure your DPS in Vanilla and it had serious issues. It was almost never accurate. Recount didn't exist yet.

Did you actually play in vanilla? Warriors were the only viable tanks, thought they could dps with a mix of non tier gear, and all Druids and priests were the main healers. Shamans were totem dropping out of combat rezzers, and paladins were healers brought basically for their buffs.

Could Druids dps or tank? Sure, but in any even slightly serious guild, they were healing. This is not even remotely debatable.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Enhancement Shamans were good because of that one 2-hander that made the bosses take 15% more damage or something like that, I think it was Nightfall. But you'd only want one Enhancement Shaman per raid, rest would be healers. If you do the math it wasn't very viable to have a Moonkin or Retri Pala, might aswell bring a Warrior and Mage. Shadow Priests were okay, but you would rather want a Mage. The only caster you really wanted was a Mage actually, it was so easy to play them too, spam Frostbolt in MC and BWL, Fireball in AQ40 and Naxx, pop cooldown when necessary, the end. Despite the easy "rotation" they did deal the highest amount of damage overall.

Ghostcrawler is partly right, hybrids were mostly forced into healing if you wanted to go to AQ40 and Naxx, but you could carry their weight through MC and BWL. Point is that the balancing is much better these days.

Link to one of our raids in Vanilla. Note HYACHA, Balance druid.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7819/wownew1.jpg
    That Hyacha person is a Hunter, note the frostsaber.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-01-02 at 05:43 PM.

Yes I did actually play Vanilla and I also raided in Vanilla. I have been playing WoW since December 2005. In fact, I already posted a screenie of my Battlenet account and a screenie of one of our Vanilla raids, please quit those silly arguments.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Yes I did actually play Vanilla and I also raided in Vanilla. I have been playing WoW since December 2005. In fact, I already posted a screenie of my Battlenet account and a screenie of one of our Vanilla raids, please quit those silly arguments.
    Yes everyone else who played Vanilla doesn't agree with your rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Got to love people trying to correct OP with "There were no moonkins in vanilla", which is of course false.
    The form was added as a talent in late vanilla so please stop talking nonsense :S

And I agree with OP, blizzard is turning more and more towards the class system of Guild Wars 2.
    Everyone can heal, dps and tank; which ofc is a great idea. BUT I think that if u play a druid you should be more of a hybrid than pure dps (as mage). Which would also benefit you as a hybrid with healing and survival perhaps but lesser damage than a mage.

Although this would never happen again since blizzard turned into greedy rich people, we will just simply have to sit back and wait for WoW to turn to ruins.

Deleted
    If you have played back then, and you still have these arguments.... i don't know....

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Enhancement Shamans were good because of that one 2-hander that made the bosses take 15% more damage or something like that, I think it was Nightfall. But you'd only want one Enhancement Shaman per raid, rest would be healers. If you do the math it wasn't very viable to have a Moonkin or Retri Pala, might aswell bring a Warrior and Mage. Shadow Priests were okay, but you would rather want a Mage. The only caster you really wanted was a Mage actually, it was so easy to play them too, spam Frostbolt in MC and BWL, Fireball in AQ40 and Naxx, pop cooldown when necessary, the end. Despite the easy "rotation" they did deal the highest amount of damage overall.

Ghostcrawler is right, hybrids were mostly forced into healing if you wanted to go to AQ40 and Naxx, but you could carry their weight through MC and BWL. Point is that the balancing is much better these days.
    I don't remember any debuff from Enhancement besides Stormstrike for themselves. But windfury and 2h weapons was hilarious in its own right lol.

I remember very well my Hunter, who had Rank 11 in Vanilla and was wearing the Blue PvP set, being moonfired to death in WSG during Vanilla by a Moonkin, so yeah I am pretty sure that there were moonkins in Vanilla.
    There was no moonkin form. There were a Balance tree(which the moonkin from was added to), and there was always moonfire and it was and still is available to every spec.

Deleted
    I stopped at "... Rets as DPS". I wished it was like that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I don't remember any debuff from Enhancement besides Stormstrike for themselves. But windfury and 2h weapons was hilarious in its own right lol.
    As I said, that solely came from Nightfall, the one weapon that all Enhancement Shamans HAD to have, or they'd not be taken seriously. Weapons like Ashkandi would usually get handed out to Arms Warriors, who would later be forced into Fury anyways once they got enough Hit gear.

There was only one addon available to measure your DPS in Vanilla and it had serious issues. It was almost never accurate. Recount didn't exist yet.
    DamageMeters, as it was simply called, was quite reliable as far as I remember.

Moonkins were added in the middle of classic. At launch, hurricane was the 31 point balance talent. In patch 1.8, IIRC, it was made baseline and Moonkin form added as the 31 point talent.

Balance was an absolute joke in Classic, one of the worst "offspecs", so basically no one specced balance until TBC. But it did exist.

And Ghostcrawler is right. Yes, some guilds (like mine) did take "offspecs". We also never made it past MC. But very few serious progression guilds did. Bears were semi-viable, and you occasionally saw a bear druid in progression guilds, but for the most part if you took offspecs you were gimping your raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    Moonkin was indeed added in Vanilla
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.8.0
    There is no mention whatsoever of moonkin form on that link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aimil View Post
    Got to love people trying to correct OP with "There were no moonkins in vanilla", which is of course false.
    The form was added as a talent in late vanilla so please stop talking nonsense :S
    The term "vanilla" has no clear definition. I tend to not think of the late term changes that include moonkin as part of vanilla. Frankly, I dont think of AQ as part of vanilla. Call it vanilla with sprinkles.

The time frame you are referring to included major content and class changes. The time period I think we're discussing is when the final ferla talent was an extra combo point when using pounce. In other words, when even if you where playing feral you specced into restoration because the talents where simply more useful.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Screen shots or not, your memory of vanilla is not true. I'm not arguing that hybrids had the ABILITY to dps or tank, but having the ability to do something doesn't make you viable.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    You sir are delusional.
    Measuring DPS was always available in Vanilla by addons.
    The combat log wasn't updated I believe until 2.4. Until then dps addons used to talk with each other and make a kind of "educated guess", they didn't read other peoples damage from the combat log - it didn't work like that. Similar to how the threat meters worked until they added threat levels into the game.

Also:

Exactly Balance Druid. Not in moonkin for since it was not added. And you account records only show dates that came after TBC.

I stand corrected on the moonkin, but the form wa added late in Vanilla. Regardless, there were some SPs, some bear OTs, a handful of ret pallies, and some enhance shammys and balance druids that did some raiding in Vanilla but it was limited to MC when you oly need 25 people to complete it or by lesser guilds trying to finish MC and needed numbers. Hybrids, besides warriors had no role in raids other than healing period.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2013-01-02 at 05:52 PM.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Moonkin_Form

Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Significant talent changes. Added Moonkin Form.

You were right about that, but sadly wrong about almost everything else you've said. This is the 2nd thread I've seen started by you hating on someone or something. If the game infuriates you so much, you might want to pick a new game. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Screen shots or not, your memory of vanilla is not true. I'm not arguing that hybrids had the ABILITY to dps or tank, but having the ability to do something doesn't make you viable.
    And yet, I tanked everything other then Nax40 (shrug). Was a lot of fun, sorry you didn't get to do it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    What kind of game were you playing? In vanilla a lot of specs were total shit. To perform anywhere near good you were pretty much forced into that 1, on perhaps one or two classes 2, viable specs.

Ghostcrawler is right, you are wrong.

Not argueing the fact that there were moonkins in vanilla, because they were added as a talent in some patch, but the character you were pointing out isn't even a druid.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-01-02 at 05:57 PM.