Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most powerful battle pets

(I've searched a similar post but couldn't find anything)

Hi everyone.
    Today i was literally wrecked by one of the Pandaren Spirits, the one between the Vale and Kun-lai.
    So i took a look at my squad, the one i used to beat every tamer including Aki:
    -rare Crimson Whelpling
    -rare Fluxfire Feline
    -uncommon Desert Spider

I want to find more powerful pets. So i made this thread, that won't be something like "I like red jade hatchling because red ones go fastah!": i'd like everyone to share what's/are the strongest pet/s in their opinion, and give an explaination why they think so.
    You can also enlist pets like Lil' Deathwing or Lil' XT-002, but bear in mind not everyone has access to those pets. I, for one, don't.

Consider this as a list of info about which pets to choose to form the best battle team, given you will contribute.

I'll be the first: in my opinion, Fluxfire Feline (a mechanical pet that can be found around the entrance of Gnomeregan) is a beast. Why?
    If you use Wind-up (+10% damage on next attack), then Supercharge (+150% damage on next attack), then again Wind-up (it's a two-rounds ability if you will, the second use is a ton of damage) you can be sure to oneshot enemies.

My highest hit, against a strong pet without critting, is 2880.

Downsides:
    -The combo can miss.
    -Magic pets cannot be oneshot.

I'd be happy if you add something about your favourite, strongest combat pet.

TL;DR: i want you to tell me which combat pets are the strongest, and why do you think they are. I believe Fluxifire Feline to be powerful, even more if rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    -rare Fluxfire Feline
    i think blizzard said this was a problem and that they are going to nerf it in 5.2 :P

Correct, fluxfire feline is getting nerfed in 5.2.

For the pandaren spirit tamer your having difficulty with I would suggest a Rapana Whelk, it is a critter so it breaks out of the spirits stun, and has the ability dive which is strong versus the pandaren spirit, if timed correctly it also can be used to dodge the hard hitting attacks of the oozling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i missed the nerf. I should've realized it was way too OP...

Rapana Whelk you say? Going to check out if i have one when i'll log back. It's from Dread Wastes, isn't it?

I highly recommend the fluxfire feline for now! make the most of it, pandaren monk is also a good one for high damage, though not one of my favourites.

I love the pandaren water spirit, if your lucky enough to have/have picked it.

Peddlefeet is a good one, as is spirit of summer, with a combo of all those i usually dont even struggle... vampiric batling is another favourite!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anubisath idol is very nasty. Same with mr bigglesworth.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my personal best combos is:

Ghostly Skull
    Searing Scorchling
    Corehound Pup

What I do is I do as much damage with the skull with it's healing HoT/drain and death coil to keep it alive as long as possible, most of the time I can kill 1 pet with it unless it's aquatic or critter.

Then when it dies and it comes back to life, I use unholy ascension,, which makes the enemy team take 25% more damage for 9 turns.

After that, I swap to the scorchling and use scorched earth, which gives the "burned" debuff.

Then I swap to corehound and use howl, which is 100% damage taken to the enemy for 2 turns.

Swap to scorchling, use conflagrate, this will 1 shot more or less anything unless it's resistant to elemental, and even then it'll hurt pretty bad.

If the enemy pet is resistant to elemental, I keep the corehound out and use burrow. This will also more or less 1 shot anything not resistant to beast damage.

The pros of this combo is that it's very high damage, and the skull gives a little bit of tankyness at the start until it's dead, and you can plow through someone who isn't ready for it.

In fact i've won entire pet battles vs players with just the skull because they had an all-humanoid team, and it got melted.

The cons are that all your +damage spells (unholy ascension and howl) can both miss, and aside from the skull, your pets don't have a lot of survivability.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2013-01-02 at 07:13 PM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Anubisath Idol is a killing machine, a real monster.

At level 25, he can pretty much solo every pandaren spirit master if played right. I wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf coming for the little guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Anubisath Idol is a killing machine, a real monster.

At level 25, he can pretty much solo every pandaren spirit master if played right. I wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf coming for the little guy.
    While this is true, a good undead pet will completely ruin your day, my personal favourites are the ghostly skull, and fossilized hatchling. I wreck anubisath idol regularly with these guys.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Red cricket, It's attk is the highest out of all of them isn't it? Weird if i'm rite..

I'm a fan of : rare Fel flame, Onny(annyversery), and Heart of the aspects.
    I suppose I need to find a grp with more synergy but this grp lets me get done with dailies with little drama.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    While this is true, a good undead pet will completely ruin your day, my personal favourites are the ghostly skull, and fossilized hatchling. I wreck anubisath idol regularly with these guys.
    If played right, I don't have any problems with undeads. Just go for the stun instead of the sandstorm and you're golden.

Magical Crawdad. He wins the most difficult to kill award.

Deleted
    I've only recently started using the Anubisath Idol and I have to say it is an awesome Tank. If your opponent uses big attacks that are very predictable, you can use reflect to make them look silly (because Reflect always goes first). Sandstorm gives a absorption effect and 10% miss chance, which (un)fortunately also affects your team but hey, you can't have everything. It's even got Stoneskin so you can "double" the effect of Sandstorm's shield.

Infinite Whelpling is also a relatively nasty blighter if you get a lucky streak with Sleeping Gas but then again, so can frogs/toads with Frog Kiss.

Also, if you found the Bear that Major Payne used in Icecrown to be annoying, try making it a Dragonkin that can put up a shield. (Emerald Proto-Whelp)

Wild Golden or Wild Jade Hatchling with Call Lightning and Cyclone, coupled with a Clockwork Gnome spamming Sentries can also really rack up a ton of damage every round.

10+ Year Old Account
    If played right, I don't have any problems with undeads. Just go for the stun instead of the sandstorm and you're golden.
    *shrug* I guess i've gotten really, really lucky then. I've only lost to a team with anubisath idol once, and my team comp was off. Some have had the stun, some with sandstorm.

My core pet is the Flayer Youngling. He is very durable and can dish out a lot of damage. My other 2 keep changing as I haven't found ones I am satisfied with. Currently I like Guardian Cub, high damage. Fel Flame lots of hp and high damage. Nordrassil Wisp, this is an rng pet. Some games he takes virtually 0 damage, other games he gets wasted.

One of my personal best combos is:

Ghostly Skull
    Searing Scorchling
    Corehound Pup

What I do is I do as much damage with the skull with it's healing HoT/drain and death coil to keep it alive as long as possible, most of the time I can kill 1 pet with it unless it's aquatic or critter.

Then when it dies and it comes back to life, I use unholy ascension,, which makes the enemy team take 25% more damage for 9 turns.

After that, I swap to the scorchling and use scorched earth, which gives the "burned" debuff.

Then I swap to corehound and use howl, which is 100% damage taken to the enemy for 2 turns.

Swap to scorchling, use conflagrate, this will 1 shot more or less anything unless it's resistant to elemental, and even then it'll hurt pretty bad.

If the enemy pet is resistant to elemental, I keep the corehound out and use burrow. This will also more or less 1 shot anything not resistant to beast damage.

The pros of this combo is that it's very high damage, and the skull gives a little bit of tankyness at the start until it's dead, and you can plow through someone who isn't ready for it.

In fact i've won entire pet battles vs players with just the skull because they had an all-humanoid team, and it got melted.

The cons are that all your +damage spells (unholy ascension and howl) can both miss, and aside from the skull, your pets don't have a lot of survivability.
    Stuff like this is what makes pet battles fun. It needs to be more balanced on team combos, not one pet nuking you for 1800. One thing I would like to point out though about a combo like this using Conflag. Any double damage ability doesn't actually do double damage. It hits 2 times. One of those 2 hits can miss.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    *shrug* I guess i've gotten really, really lucky then. I've only lost to a team with anubisath idol once, and my team comp was off. Some have had the stun, some with sandstorm.
    I can't tell, it all depends on the skill of the runner. (Ah, Anubis. I hope some people will get that )

Deleted
    Fluxfire stands out a little, but besides that it's mostly a matter counterpicking and knowing the sequence of spells the NPC is using. Against the Earth Ele a swift Hare is godly for example.

Reflect is also an invaluable ability (Flayer, Anubisath couple other pets). That' s why Flayer Youngling is one of my favorite pets.

In PvP many people use dragon, elemental and mechanical pets. You can hard counter a lot of teams with Scourged Whelpling + Rapana Whelk + x. I also like to bring at least one reflect to counter the hordes of Fluxfires atm.

I believe the one you are referring to is the Thundering Pandaren Spirit. He can definitely be a big pain in the butt. I typically use the following comp to much success:

Fluxfire Feline (mechanical)
    Golden Civet (aquatic)
    Landro's XT (mechanical)

I typically 2v3 him, but if no, Lil XT finishes them off.

Start with the Golden Civet (you should be going first with its speed). Dive (strong vs ele), he will miss his first stun thing, then gnaw several times. You will typically hit lower hp before him, but then break out the ability that makes you unkillable, he will reduce you low and you will get two more gnaw's or a dive off before he can kill you off. Then just use FFF to kill the other two.

Also, it doesn't really matter per say, but on your FFF, use the super charge first, then 2x windup. It will come off CD a round earlier when you do this which if you get close to dying, you can get a super charge/pounce off before you die.

Deleted
    I can't tell, it all depends on the skill of the runner. (Ah, Anubis. I hope some people will get that )
    Skill doesn't help in PVE battles, your rotation can be perfect and you'll still lose.
    For example you can reflect the serpent's big hitting lightning storm (mogu'shan palace trainer), but then he will gonna kill your anubis with his tail swipes anyway.
    Not to mention all the cheeters with their dodges and making you miss where it shouldn't miss.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    My highest hit, against a strong pet without critting, is 2880.
    My highest was over 14k non-crit, it was with the Harbinger of Flame.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I believe the one you are referring to is the Thundering Pandaren Spirit. He can definitely be a big pain in the butt.
    He is faceroll if you either force him to start with his critter blob (kunlai annihilates it and then soaks the elemental's deadly alpha), or just use anubis to reflect his frost nova.

My "power combo" when i cant be bothered trying to level a pet in a tamer/want some lvl25 pvp is:

Anubisath idol
    Flayer Youngling
    Crawling claw

Against a tamer I pretty much just switch between the humanoids to reflect the big attacks.
    For pvp, and I dont know how most of my opponents fall for this, open with crawling claw, apply two dots, use the second hability to switch the opponent pet and keep applying dots/switching opponent pets. They keep wasting turns switching pets and my dots ticking.