Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Yep, another gripe about the LFR looting system.

I have done LFR consistently every week since I have hit 90, on top of raiding each week.

I am also one of those few in LFR's who actually try to do their best in there, as it seems like 15 of the people in there are watching TV. Yet somehow manage to have their four pieces.

I have had the same cloak drop - 5 times over, for me. The same rings a couple of times, a pair of boots one, and numerous upon numerous bags of gold and wasted free rolls. And I can personally attest to the fact that I have probably made over 1000 gold doing LFR's.

I find it disgusting that I am sitting with absolutely no tier gear yet, as it never drops in raids for me either. I know, I am just very unlucky which goes along with it but - why am I being punished?

I think that the LFR system should be seriously looked at, and it was suggested by several people on my server - Malganis - that not enough people complain about it which means no one will pay attention.

Well, I am complaining about it. Again.

I think LFR loot should be distributes to those who actually perform. I saw a mage get two piece tier in one night, who had a two piece tier set on already, who did a grand total of 14k dps. Yet the top dps mage, who has no tier gear, does 80k dps and gets nothing, not even with the rolls. HOW IS THAT rewarding to anyone. My TOES LFR last night, there was 11 dps in there who could not even crack 35k. Some of them in four piece. It was amazing that we could even kill any bosses at all. Yet many walked away with loot and I walked away with 8 bags of gold.

It wouldn't be such a bother if tier dropped consistently in raids, and people could just rely on their raids each week to get loot - however, that is not the situation. Most players would agree that they are very dependent on LFR to obtain gear for their raids to go better.

An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.

I know I am complaining and rehashing an old argument, and I appreciate the groaners and trollers out there who will dump on this. But it is frustrating that a system that was broken before, because it was being abused, is now even more so broken.

I think taking away SHA tier loot for anyone under level 90 should be done right now. That is completely unfair. I wasn't able to do this as I levelled to 90 too fast before they made him a fifteen minute spawn. I do him every week for my 28 gold and fifty silver though.

And LFR loot, either go by activity based per boss or make it tokened so if you do 10 LFR's, then you can go get your tier pieces. Knowing Blizzard, they will make it 100 LFR's if they ever did a token based thing, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it.

I am seriously jaded by all of this, I am sorry. It is just very unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    feeling this right now ill never be happy to see someone with 6% healing done as a healer win a tier while I'm doing 26% without any.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you were probably expecting this response, but at the off-chance that you weren't...

There is no difference in drop % in MoP LFR than in Cata LFR. You are just having bad RNG, the same bad RNG that did the exact same thing and was just as frustrating as it was in Cata.

This is what VP is for. RNG is RNG.

Also, you don't need gear if all you do is LFR.

Also also, Sha only drops 2 pieces of tier, but mostly just PvP gear.

There are a thousand threads like this and they've all received the same answers.

I agree that the LFR loot system needs to be looked at and reworked. Last week off the first boss in Mogu'shan I had the tanking necklace drop. All well in good since I had never seen it before, even though I didn't need it. But, I knew that tanking boots dropped which would have been a nice upgrade. So, I spent a coin, expecting to get gold...no, I got the exact same necklace I literally just won off the boss....that should never happen to anyone. Some may call that bad luck. I call it poor design. You should not ever be able to receive the same item off one encounter. Then to make matters worse, the items sell for less then the gold you get if you dont get loot...

Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    I have done LFR consistently every week since I have hit 90, on top of raiding each week.

I am also one of those few in LFR's who actually try to do their best in there, as it seems like 15 of the people in there are watching TV. Yet somehow manage to have their four pieces.

I have had the same cloak drop - 5 times over, for me. The same rings a couple of times, a pair of boots one, and numerous upon numerous bags of gold and wasted free rolls. And I can personally attest to the fact that I have probably made over 1000 gold doing LFR's.

I find it disgusting that I am sitting with absolutely no tier gear yet, as it never drops in raids for me either. I know, I am just very unlucky which goes along with it but - why am I being punished?

I think that the LFR system should be seriously looked at, and it was suggested by several people on my server - Malganis - that not enough people complain about it which means no one will pay attention.

I think LFR loot should be distributes to those who actually perform. I saw a mage get two piece tier in one night, who had a two piece tier set on already, who did a grand total of 14k dps. Yet the top dps mage, who has no tier gear, does 80k dps and gets nothing, not even with the rolls. HOW IS THAT rewarding to anyone. My TOES LFR last night, there was 11 dps in there who could not even crack 35k. Some of them in four piece. It was amazing that we could even kill any bosses at all. Yet many walked away with loot and I walked away with 8 bags of gold.

It wouldn't be such a bother if tier dropped consistently in raids, and people could just rely on their raids each week to get loot - however, that is not the situation. Most players would agree that they are very dependent on LFR to obtain gear for their raids to go better.

An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.

I know I am complaining and rehashing an old argument, and I appreciate the groaners and trollers out there who will dump on this. But it is frustrating that a system that was broken before, because it was being abused, is now even more so broken.

I think taking away SHA tier loot for anyone under level 90 should be done right now. That is completely unfair. I wasn't able to do this as I levelled to 90 too fast before they made him a fifteen minute spawn. I do him every week for my 28 gold and fifty silver though.

And LFR loot, either go by activity based per boss or make it tokened so if you do 10 LFR's, then you can go get your tier pieces. Knowing Blizzard, they will make it 100 LFR's if they ever did a token based thing, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it.

first off the loot drops is bout the same rate as the old days, i remember trying for that healy trink on my paladin back TogC since it opeded all the way thru half of herioc icc and still never once got it..., second you "large slap in the face" is false since sha only gives tier legs and tier gloves everything else is pvp gear pretty much and i dunno bout your server but 87s tend to have a hard time getting into the raid groups on my server. Third just quit being a damn baby, NO the game shouldnt just hand you the gear right away, if you got all the gear within 2-3 runs why would you ever return? what would you have to do than? its suposed to be a grind timespend, dont like it? go try a different game.

1. You cannot see who won gear.
    2. You cannot trade gear. A lot of gear goes to waste especially if you get the same item like you stated above.
    3. You cannot win gear for your offspec. This and #2 makes it difficult to gear your offspec. I play Warrior DPS/Tank.

sha drops only 2 pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I know you were probably expecting this response, but at the off-chance that you weren't...

There is no difference in drop % in MoP LFR than in Cata LFR. You are just having bad RNG, the same bad RNG that did the exact same thing and was just as frustrating as it was in Cata.
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cdmcg View Post
    I agree that the LFR loot system needs to be looked at and reworked. Last week off the first boss in Mogu'shan I had the tanking necklace drop. All well in good since I had never seen it before, even though I didn't need it. But, I knew that tanking boots dropped which would have been a nice upgrade. So, I spent a coin, expecting to get gold...no, I got the exact same necklace I literally just won off the boss....that should never happen to anyone. Some may call that bad luck. I call it poor design. You should not ever be able to receive the same item off one encounter. Then to make matters worse, the items sell for less then the gold you get if you dont get loot...
    when have you started? or where have you been? nothing new here, if you ever did any raiding consistently the same items have always dropped repeatibly, players always roll'd o sell or to DE, this isnt an issue.

Can we start locking these threads please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    and that there was the problem or you would also go in with like 5 buddys and either way it was just a whole mess and some one was always getting screwed over... the rate was still the same just players found ways to cheat it in cata.

Deleted
    Not sure how that works when Sha only drops gloves and legs.

You strike me as one of those people who will always have something to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There were also people passing on gear (didn't seem like it, but it did happen).

I don't understand why you feel entitled to loot when you're doing a "raid" that a 5 year old can do, regardless of your effort put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Not sure how that works when Sha only drops gloves and legs.

This only illustrates that he has no idea what he's talking about. Or a troll... Not sure which yet.

I feel your pain, I really do. I run LFR/Sha on 3 characters (sometimes more if I'm feeling the need to punish myself) consistently, I've gotten more gold bags than I know what to do with. I've killed Sha-Touched weapon bosses a combined 16 times now across 2 of them, used a coin each time (and gone in for just coin usages after the first weekly clear 3 times). Gold gold gold gold gold. I flask, I food buff, I prepot and combat pot. I usually come out on top when playing the mage, and in the top 5 when on the warrior. And yet I to see the same things happening, those who apparently do nothing walk away with all the spoils.

So, from here on out I'm afking LFR. If RNG is RNG may as well get the better end of the deal by not actually working for it, right?

It's sad to say, but that's what this system currently seems to reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

And we get something now....didn't get gold when LFR first started!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee
    feeling this right now ill never be happy to see someone with 6% healing done as a healer win a tier while I'm doing 26% without any.
    This isn't what LFR is for or about, incase you don't know...LFR is for those people that can't get in a normal raid BECAUSE they can't perform!!!

Would be nice if they upped the drop chance from coins a bit. it's what? 15%, 20% chance of getting loot when you use a coin to reroll. Why not bump it to say 25% or 30%. Pretty sure I saw somewhere the chances of getting loot on a coin roll was 20%

The RNG will still be there, it will still suck, but you have a better chance at loot than you do now. If only slightly.

Oh and it would be nice if melee DPS weapons were on different bosses instead of the same one. As a Titan's grip fury warrior, nothing sucked more than seeing that one handed sword from sha of 28.5 gold drop instead of the two handed axe. Oh well, least I have a tank weapon now.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.