10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get it. There has to be better FA options as far as kickers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Longwell and John Kasay? Only other FA kickers that come to mind.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors are with Reid going to Cardinals talk about a downgrade in a job position. I figured he would have went to the Chargers which I think is the better job but who knows what do I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Look at the teams the Bears lost to down the stretch:

Texans
    Niners
    Seahawks
    Vikings
    Packers

During their 1-5 stretch all 6 games were against what turned out to be playoff teams. So yes they collapsed, but considering their injuries and the difficulty of their schedule I find it utterly bizarre they would fire Lovie Smith.
    Essentially they had five playoff games and failed to win one. With that kind of performance why would anybody have any faith in them doing anything in the postseason?

I've been reading this thread for the entire season, but haven't posted yet. Have a few thoughts about many things in here, so INCOMING WALL OF TEXT.

I think the main reason Lovie Smith got canned is because of the Bear's performance against their own division. Going back to 2009, the Bears have had a winning record in the division only once, the rest have been 3-3 or 2-4. For a team that is supposed to be good and do well in the playoffs, you cannot lose that many division games. The NFC North is a highly competitive division, but if you're a good team you do well in highly competitive environments, plain and simple.

I also think Rex Ryan should be fired, and I'm not convinced yet that he won't be. He may not be the cause of the Jet's problems, but he surely didn't do much to fix them either. He can be a good coach, and I think he can even be a good HC somewhere, but not for the Jets. There has been far too many circus stunts under his watch for the Jets to succeed. A lot of people on here have been defending him, saying things going wrong weren't his fault. As a head coach, you NEED to have a backup plan. His 'backup' plan was to say "We're still going to the Superbowl" even as the Titanic sunk around him.

About the Norv Turner firings: What took so long?!?!

Oh Billy Cundiff.. how do you keep getting signed to teams?

Lastly, I would like to thank the Ravens for resting their starters and attaining the 4th seed instead of trying for the 3rd and possible injuries. We've had enough injuries already, we don't need to risk it. Also, if we had beat the Bengals week 17, we'd just face them again 1st round of the playoffs. I wouldn't say I'm scared of the Bengals, but playing a division opponent for the 3rd time in a year makes for a tough 3rd win. Division games are already competitive, when you beat em twice already that season the other team will be out for BLOOD! I also want to see how Luck does against T-Sizzle and that defense. Granted, they're AWFUL compared to what we're used to, but they still have the ability to shake up a QB, especially a rookie. It'll be another good test for Luck to see what he's got. GOOOOO RAVENS!
    Last edited by ambivalence; 2013-01-02 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I just don't get it. There has to be better FA options as far as kickers.
    i dont either, i understand replacing akers, but with cundiff? lol

need to find the next hot kicker in the draft or something

After countless minutes of thinking I have decided on my 1st round playoff picks

(6)Cincinnati Bengals over the (3)Houston Texans (my big upset, Cincinnati has played in playoff type must wins games in their last weeks I feel they carry that momentum to take down a Houston that hasnt looked nearly as crisp as it had in the past.)

(3)Green Bay Packers over the (6)Minnesota Vikings (at Lambeau, Aaron Rodgers will once again have a field day and while Peterson prob does well again I dont believe Ponder does this time therefore Green Bay makes quick work of them)

(4)Baltimore Ravens over the (5)Indianapolis Colts (Baltimore has not played well of recent but will prove to be too much when Ray Rice has a field day against Indy's poor rush defense. The Colts also have gotten by on a relatively easy schedule and I dont think will be up to the task, Luck gets overwhelmed in his 1st playoff game when he is asked to more or less be the offense)

(4)Washington Redskins over the (5)Seattle Seahawks (Toughest game to pick but I am sticking by the fact Seattle has been a crappy road team all season long and Washington has been red hot. The Redskins are the best rushing team in the league and also have the fewest turnovers, I think they will limit their mistakes and convert 3rd downs using Griffins legs to keep drives alive and eventually get enough points on the board. Wilson should play decent but it wont be enough)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I am sticking by the fact Seattle has been a crappy road team all season long
    A crappy road team with losses by 4, 6, 7, 4 and 3 with one of those losses coming in the second half of the season. Three of those road losses came against good/great defenses (Arizona before implosion, San Fran, and St Louis). The Seahawks have exactly one bad loss on the road, the Miami game in which the defense completely blew it and the refs literally gave Miami the game on a terrible penalty call.

10+ Year Old Account
    (4)Washington Redskins over the (5)Seattle Seahawks (Toughest game to pick but I am sticking by the fact Seattle has been a crappy road team all season long and Washington has been red hot. The Redskins are the best rushing team in the league and also have the fewest turnovers, I think they will limit their mistakes and convert 3rd downs using Griffins legs to keep drives alive and eventually get enough points on the board. Wilson should play decent but it wont be enough)
    Seahawks D has faced two zone read teams (Carolina and 2nd time SF) and dominated both of them. Washington has faced one (Carolina) and all 10 zone read plays ended up in a gain of 97 yards collectively.

15+ Year Old Account
    (3)Green Bay Packers over the (6)Minnesota Vikings (at Lambeau, Aaron Rodgers will once again have a field day and while Peterson prob does well again I dont believe Ponder does this time therefore Green Bay makes quick work of them)
    This is going to be the second American Football game I'll have ever watched lol, if I'm lucky my Vikings Jersey will arrive in time, as it could be out last game of the season, was close on sunday, both teams were missing some key players, who will hopefully all be playing. Rogers will be quite literally feeling at home this game. I'm sure Peterson will bring it as always, so it could come down to how well Ponder plays (I understand he's slowly been getting better this season?) and wether Winfield plays or not as they were saying the few bad points from Sundays game were the guy playing his spot lacked his experience?)

I'm sure we'll give Packers a run for their money, and I'll be quietly hopeful about a Vikings victory =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think my newness to the game has caused that to go straight over my head =p

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no way Seattle is going to lose to Washington.

However, if RG3 manages to help win that one by some miracle, it will solidify the Rookie of the Year choice.

Can't wait to see who my beloved Pats will get in Round 2.

With no hockey this year, this is definitely the most wonderful time of the year.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ray Lewis announces that this was his last season.

Next year will be the first season for the franchise without Ray Lewis on the team.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    This is going to be the second American Football game I'll have ever watched lol, if I'm lucky my Vikings Jersey will arrive in time, as it could be out last game of the season, was close on sunday, both teams were missing some key players, who will hopefully all be playing. Rogers will be quite literally feeling at home this game. I'm sure Peterson will bring it as always, so it could come down to how well Ponder plays (I understand he's slowly been getting better this season?) and wether Winfield plays or not as they were saying the few bad points from Sundays game were the guy playing his spot lacked his experience?)

I'm sure we'll give Packers a run for their money, and I'll be quietly hopeful about a Vikings victory =)
    Good luck, the Packers get Charles Woodson back. I don't expect the Vikings to win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

Next year will be the first season for the franchise without Ray Lewis on the team.
    Man that sucks. I love Lewis. Shame to see the best defensive player in the NFL since Deion Sanders retire. If I was building an all time defensive team Lewis would be one of the LBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I laughed way too hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

Wow. I think we all expected this. I wonder if he planned this before his injury, or if the injury made it a firm decision for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think because he has an opportunity to return from the injury and play a game at home it was easier to decide to call it quits

my guess is that if he didn't make it back he would have tried to be back next year, kind of like Mariano Rivera

and by announcing it now it gives a bit of a lift to the team, they were probably all thinking this could be the end, now they know and they've got a chance to help him go out a winner

and shouldn't #6 be butt-fumbling against #65?

My friend who is a Ravens fan thinks Ed Reed is going to retire as well. He bases that on nothing, but that would be a hell of a defensive HoF class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    My friend who is a Ravens fan thinks Ed Reed is going to retire as well. He bases that on nothing, but that would be a hell of a defensive HoF class.
    maybe we should check with Rob Lowe about who is retiring