Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Not going to lie. That world boss looks very well done.

Deleted
    this patch is already my favorite, because dinosaurs you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    this patch is already my favorite, because dinosaurs you know...
    As a warlock i'm torn, Dinosaurs or the warlock questline.

Dammit, I demand warlocks gets a dinosaur on fire, not just any fire. Green fire of course!

Thanks for the updates!

Do we have any clue on what the raid ilvl gear drops are? I'm assuming 496/509/522 for the 3 difficulties?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    As a warlock i'm torn, Dinosaurs or the warlock questline.

Dammit, I demand warlocks gets a dinosaur on fire, not just any fire. Green fire of course!

Even better... a demonic Dinosaur with Green Fire!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

my account says it hase been banned and I should contact customer support and it says I dont have MOP. My live account works just fine anyone else having this issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Thanks for the updates!

Do we have any clue on what the raid's ilvl gear? I'm assuming 496/509/522 for the 3 difficulties?
    usually the normal gear is 6/7 ilvls higher than the HC version of the previous tier, so 516-517 (like HC Elite), and HC version will be around 14 ilvls higher, so 530-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Okay, that's superdumb. >.<
    The fact that people were restarting pet battles till they got the right combination should've told the devs something. Namely, that not knowing which pet you're going to fight first is a massive pain. Pet battles are all about playing rock-paper-scissors, they're not skill-based scenarios where a randomised pet order adds a compelling element of challenge. Random pet orders in the hardest battles are just going to mean you lose because RNG arbitrarily decided your strategy isn't going to work this time.

Blargh. I hope they revert it. The solution to this problem was to cut out the thing that annoyed players in the first place, not to punish players for trying to get around it.
    Would be great if a bigwig could go to them and say that this part of the job is horrible. There are lots of good stuff in pet battles, but the backstabbing strategies of NPC failed. And it's not forcing us to play a failed model they will fix it. It will only make it more prominent as a bad design.

So yeah, they have to reverse that FOR STARTERS. Then change the backstabbing model. People should have to choose if they want NPCs to be beaten with a bold or a cheesy strategy. We already have enough challenge by trying the PvP battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Ok I have a small problem with this. Knowing that I begin to agree that it will take WAY too long to advance to the next tier, should Blizzard not do anything to change the rate of gear acquisition in LFR. I'm in almost BiS LFR/Valor gear and I am barely 487. Just the valor gear alone that I have would take 6-8 weeks to get because of the Valor cap.

If Blizzard is going to stick to the "progression" style of raiding, where new players are expected to use LFR to catch up to the current Tier, then they need to make it faster to reach the level required to enter the next Tier's LFR. 2-4 weeks for a new player to catch up is ok. Being stuck in a prior Tier for 6-10 weeks is too long.
    I'm not even close to BiS LFR/Valor gear, an i'm 486. none of my gear is upgraded and I still have a 463 weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    usually the normal gear is 6/7 ilvls higher than the HC version of the previous tier, so 516-517 (like HC Elite), and HC version will be around 14 ilvls higher, so 530-ish.
    True, but I don't know what the 'standard' normal ilvl is for T14, if it's MSV/most Valor rewards (489) or HoF/ToTS/Shieldwall (496). I'm hoping it will be like how you said it would be. The ilvls in MoP are far more all over the place than Cata or LK, for sure

Deleted
    Where can I download the EU PTR client?

Deleted
    thank you for this information good sir

10+ Year Old Account
    486 ilevel must be a mistake, isnt the highest ilevel that drops in LFR 483? Surely they dont want even more people to be complaining about being forced to do dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm not even close to BiS LFR/Valor gear, an i'm 486. none of my gear is upgraded and I still have a 463 weapon...
    If none of your gear is upgraded, you still use a 463 weapon, and you are at a 486 average iLvl, then you are in head to toe Valor or Normal raid gear. Or damn near. Because in order to do that, you average iLvl in every slot but your weapon would have to be 489. It still likely took you a damn long time to get that level of gear, at least when we are talking about a new player needing to invest the same amount of time you did to reach the next tier. Only going up one tier like that isn't the end of the world. Going up more than 1 tier would be a nightmare.

480 would be OK. 486 requires more gear than what you could earn in LFR or a lot of luck and a lot of valor. Like I said, I am not opposed to it taking some time to reach a gear level that is ready for current Tier. But it should be faster than it took us to gear up in the first place. I don't think 2-4 weeks is unreasonable.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe the loot from the new scenarios will be around 486-496 so that you can reach 486 without doing dailies

in b4 "ER MAH GERD DERRIES" O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Hope this patch fixes the LFR lootsystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    What is there to fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Fix what? Your bad luck?

While I don't think there's anything to "fix" in current tier. If the drop rates on the first three LFRs aren't increased from ~15% to ~30% or higher, then this expansion will have a slower raid gearing progression model than Burning Crusade. The number fed into the algorithm is suppose to simulate the old drop rates. Problem is, when you needed to gear an alt or a new player, you didn't go back into Karazhan with 24 other people who needed gear from that same raid.

Also, yay more dailies. It wasn't even Christmas before I ran out of content to do and had to go get other hobbies.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-02 at 09:54 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    The backlash would be immense if you had to do dailies to get into lfr lol

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    486 ilevel must be a mistake, isnt the highest ilevel that drops in LFR 483? Surely they dont want even more people to be complaining about being forced to do dailies.
    Well they do have valor upgrades for those players not having a single rep above friendly (I seriously doubt that they exist in large numbers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Jesus when will that tired argument reach its end? Please PLEASE PLEASE dont ruin the thread with the same discussion that has 10000 threads on it, please.