Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    rouge and restro always bothered me
    what's a restro? o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Most Germans say "loose" ("Das wird ein loose!" = "That's going to be a loose!") when they want to be cool and announce that they're losing a BG. They think it means loss/defeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    daili, dayli, dayly and my favourite: delhi... what is the new delhi?... har har... the last is actually funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Misspelling or misstating words like:

Rouge (Rogue)
    Inscriptionist (Scribe)
    Than (Then)
    halp (help)
    guise (guys)
    kthxbai (ok thanks bye)
    plz or plx (please)
    LF Partial Trainer (turned out to be Portal Trainer)
    LF Leveling Guild (translates to "I am lazy and don't wanna level the alt I made when I got bored on my main")

There's probably another 10 or 15 I could toss in there, but I'm sure I covered the heavy hitters.
    Alot of those are just a slang version of saying it (excepting the first 3).

Also a leveling guild is generally one with alot of toons actually leveling rather than say your mains guild which will have majority maxed toons raiding/doing heroics etc. The leveling guild gains benefits such as gold deposits from guild dungeons/guild perks and/or exp if still needed, and generally the people in them get easier groups for most levels and sometimes items/help. Its not a guild which levels your toon for you.

Also if you get annoyed by people using shortened or slang words (plz) and then turn and use abbreviated words yourself (Alt = Alternate Character, wanna = Want to).

I do not really get annoyed at grammar/spelling unless it seems intentional to annoy or is just stupidity (which is also one of my biggest hates in real life people). Misspelling or not worrying about grammar in a game where a lot is typed fast and in shorthand for quicker communication. Also remember people have problems which could affect their typing, such as dyslexia or similar where its common to skip over letters (I myself regularly skip letters or even words when I type or speak in a hurry which sometimes leads to confusion - not something i've ever been able to fix but it seems to stem from my mind working further ahead than my motor skills)

Grinds my gears when alliance say "bur" to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Most Germans say "loose" ("Das wird ein loose!" = "That's going to be a loose!") when they want to be cool and announce that they're losing a BG. They think it means loss/defeat.
    I hate when people mix the two languages. It sounds lowlife to my German ears.

Question.. My sis plays WoW too. She's on EU realms.. Is it true they call Alts Twinks in German WoW lingo? And Mains are simply their toon?
    I have my main and my alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Alot of those are just a slang version of saying it (excepting the first 3).
    Using the slang excuse doesn't make it any less inacceptable to say things like hai, guise, kthxbai, pl0x etc.

I hate the term 'make' when they mean do. I'll use it in a sentence: "I've been trying to make my dailies but I keep getting ganked" Should be "I've been trying to do my dailies but I keep getting ganked" Grinds my bloody gears.

Many examples in this thread have pissed me off from time to time "Rouge" and "enchantment" to name but a few but those of you moaning about "there/their/they're" etc please remember that wow is a multicultural game with players who speak many different languages. Depending on what your mother tongue is English can be very hard to master (knowing the correct use of there/their/they're falls into this category) so lighten up a bit and give them a break. Chances are you wouldn't be able to spell a single word correctly in their language so stop ragging on them when they get a bit wrong. You can still understand what they are trying to say no?

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Using the slang excuse doesn't make it any less inacceptable to say things like hai, guise, kthxbai, pl0x etc.
    Oh my god. White hot rage just filled my veins. I'd forgotten about that retarded way of speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your / You're

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Misuse of "your" and "you're" irks me to no end. Generally the offense is using "your" where "you're" should be used. It makes it easier to stomach the amount of "your terrible" spam in LFR and trade, though. Knowing your language is worth more in life than killing an LFR boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue, Rouge.

You're, Your.

There, Their, They're.

Que and Queue.

And calling LFR Looking for Raid Finder. My GL does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have come up with more!

Northend
    Panderia
    Pandarean
    Panderen
    Panderia
    Pandarea
    Panderia
    Any corruption of the word "pandaria" or "Pandaren," really.

Oh, and something that has been going on for way too long...
    DestrO warlock

Meaning what? A "destroction" spec warlock?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is probably the oldest one in WoW history..."teh"

I want to punch someone in the face with a foot everytime i see teh.
    Here come the Irish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    A couple of things. First off, I'd like to say that everytime someone makes a glaring mistake I don't have a fit and start raging and throwing things. It's more like "that's kind of annoying." It's almost like a baby whining on an airplane to me. It makes my ears prick and I kind of get uncomfortable, but I'm not going to walk over and yell at the kid and slap him or anything.

Secondly, I don't get annoyed at typos. Some typos are obvious, like the definately from earlier, or the one I make almost all the time when I type separate (I tend to spell it seperate). But I don't think, in your example, that Noam Chamsky types out a manuscript with short-hand for every word and trying to make new words fit old definitions, etc. I'm sure any writer, even in their rough drafts, has the ability to use "you're" correctly and to spell "today" and not "2day."
    To you (and everyone else who felt the need to make nearly the same response): I wasn't talking about "chatspeak", hence it not being my example. I can understand being bugged by chatspeak more than typos, although I do think it's a battle you're not going to win 90% of the time. I also think most people (not all) who's writing 'matters' (for school/work/etc) do know and care, even if they don't always show it in their more informal communication.

However, your original response was to a guy saying "occasional spelling and grammar errors don't bug me", and you (and others) went in to 'HOW CAN YOU NOT DECRY IT!'. I think "occasional spelling and grammar errors" is much closer to "definately could of gone" than "c u2 l8er lulz".

People who refer to "argo."

their/there/they're
    your/you're
    than/then
    would of (would have)
    try and (try to)
    loose (lose)
    who's (whose)
    inscriptionist (scribe)

I'm probably missing some. I hate people.

I like slang, but not blatantly incorrect grammar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I have come up with more!

Northend
    Panderia
    Pandarean
    Panderen
    Panderia
    Pandarea
    Panderia
    Any corruption of the word "pandaria" or "Pandaren," really.

Oh, and something that has been going on for way too long...
    DestrO warlock

Meaning what? A "destroction" spec warlock?
    DestructiOn warlock. "Destro" just pronounces better compared to "destru". Nothing else.
    That's how it's been abbreviated in the warlock community since the time I can remember. Not sure where has "destru" come from nor why is it considered correct.

it's not annoying but i always find it hilarious when someone says "retarted" instead of "retarded"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Draini, Terran

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When someone says "rouge lfg" I always ask them why their makeup is looking for a group? Now, when someone asks for an inscriptionist, that is a viable alternate for scribe.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.