Thread: PTR is up!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ring of Peace in game.

http://i.imgur.com/cwWF3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The line between powerful and OP is a thin one. You can't really make that determination until people actually start using it. At any rate, it sounds OP, and that will hopefully get monks PvPing.
    No it isn't, and it does not sound OP. From the announcement of it I knew how the ability was going to work, and I was right. But it doesn't matter really. The QQers out number those of us who know whats op and what isn't, and this thing will be nerfed into the ground before going live.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Just did some tests with Ring.

1: The range is not very big. It's 8 yards. No not large.

2: Anyone in the ring is instantly disarmed and silenced. If they leave the ring during the 8 secs, they can cast and get their weapons back. If they re-enter the ring, they are re-silenced and disarmed.

3: It does affect the person the ring is placed on if it's an enemy target.

Shall I begin the explaining of how this isn't op?
    No, we already understand your monk fanboism and your denial in even discussing why this ability has the potential to be extremely OP in 3v3. No need to enlighten us with your knowledge any futher.

No it isn't, and it does not sound OP.
    There are people to this day begging Blizzard to nerf Touch of Karma because it's "just not fair." Things like this are always going to sound OP to vocal minorities or people hearing it second-hand.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    A moving 8 second silence is kinda a little unarguably OP as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    No, we already understand your monk fanboism and your denial in even discussing why this ability has the potential to be extremely OP in 3v3. No need to enlighten us with your knowledge any futher.
    Another "omg op in 3v3" Let me guess. You complained about Paladins bubble hearthing before it got nerfed going into cata? Denial of discussion? I gave you good examples of why it isn't op in 3v3. And all you give me is "monk fanboism and its op in 3v3" yet no examples of why it's op in 3v3. You're the ones not discussing. Just throwing around QQs of an ability you don't want to see cause you can't comprehend that it isn't op.

Well, that didn't take long for entitled PvP kiddies to barge in and ruin the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There are people to this day begging Blizzard to nerf Touch of Karma because it's "just not fair." Things like this are always going to sound OP to vocal minorities or people hearing it second-hand.
    I admit myself ToK is very strong. But do you know what I do when a monk uses it on me? I use it on him or I use Diffuse Magic.. People would rather complain and get something nerfed then figure out how to combat it.

Also..are you agreeing with me or arguing with me? I can't tell.

Deleted
    Ring of Peace in game.

http://i.imgur.com/cwWF3.jpg
    Since its PTR, its very likely the spell effect visual will get changed. Looks underwhelming atm so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    A moving 8 second silence is kinda a little unarguably OP as fuck
    And I repeat from earlier. You Ring yourself to fight the rogue, war, dk around you. The Mage/Lock/Druid ccs you while his allies run away. You use it on one of them, they separate.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Since its PTR, its very likely the spell effect visual will get changed. Looks underwhelming atm so yeah.
    It's looks better then the pic. The ring moves around you, and there is a light that circles close to your body. But yeah it will be changed. That's most likely just a placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you cast this on a target, it doesn't silence them. It just silences those around them. So if you cast this on the mage, they can still cast spells on you. However, if they're standing by their allies, it disarms and silences them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think if you cast this on a target, it doesn't silence them. It just silences those around them. So if you cast this on the mage, they can still cast spells on you. However, if they're standing by their allies, it disarms and silences them.
    It affects the one you cast it on. But him and his allies will just separate the moment you use it, removing the effects from his allies. How ever under skilled pvpers will end up staying inside it, hence why I say it will be nerfed to crap. Cause they will scream it's op instead of learning how to get out of it.

Who cares? Live is the new PTR anyway.

I admit myself ToK is very strong. But do you know what I do when a monk uses it on me? I use it on him or I use Diffuse Magic.. People would rather complain and get something nerfed then figure out how to combat it.
    You're talking "Monk on Monk action" here. When people complain about a class being OP, it's a given they don't play that class and their posts filling the Blue Tracker and getting experimental nerfs in aren't being done after playing the class to find out if it was OP.

Also..are you agreeing with me or arguing with me? I can't tell.
    Meh? I can't judge if it's actually overpowered until I see it in action.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Seems that at least Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now gives Tigereye Brew stacks correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It affects the one you cast it on. But him and his allies will just separate the moment you use it, removing the effects from his allies. How ever under skilled pvpers will end up staying inside it, hence why I say it will be nerfed to crap. Cause they will scream it's op instead of learning how to get out of it.
    So wait... It DOES silence and disarm the enemy target for 8 seconds?

Also, if it is viewed as OP, Blizzard just has to make it only castable on yourself and your allies.

You're talking "Monk on Monk action" here. When people complain about a class being OP, it's a given they don't play that class and their posts filling the Blue Tracker and getting experimental nerfs in aren't being done after playing the class to find out if it was OP.
    Every class can counter ToK. Just hardly anyone wants to figure it out, so they scream to nerf something. Ring will be easy to counter, but since the majority won't want to figure out how, they will yell for it to be nerfed, and it will get nerfed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So wait... It DOES silence and disarm the enemy target for 8 seconds?

Also, if it is viewed as OP, Blizzard just has to make it only castable on yourself and your allies.
    Yes when used on an enemy target, just him, it will silence and disarm him for the duration. Oh btw, this thing can be reflected by a warriors Spell Reflect.

Every class can counter ToK. Just hardly anyone wants to figure it out, so they scream to nerf something.
    Counter? I don't believe that. Most classes don't have a purge and dispells are now on an 8s CD. Paladins can bubble. Monks can ToK right back. (As you said.) That's all I can think of aside from "just don't do damage to them until the big shiny symbol disappears."
    [What's half of minor?]

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm switching to WW for pvp. Yay for blanket silence that doesn't have the disadvantages of solar beam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Seems that at least Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now gives Tigereye Brew stacks correctly.
    I hope they can find a way of getting that onto live already. Kinda big dps loss having to prio tiger palm procs just to get tigereye brew stacks.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Counter? I don't believe that. Most classes don't have a purge and dispells are now on an 8s CD. Paladins can bubble. Monks can ToK right back. (As you said.) That's all I can think of aside from "just don't do damage to them until the big shiny symbol disappears."
    Bubbling a ToK would be a terrible idea, better to just switch off the monk, which is why ToK isn't OP, anybody can just swap targets for a couple seconds.