Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    In fact I do. I see a huge problem with lack of content. For example see orgrimmar and stormwind. They were destroyed 3 years ago. How come they haven't fixd it? That's just one thing that has been bothering me for a long time..
    You honestly think they just sit around half the day doing nothing? The reason people say Rift has more content is because half of it is dynamic, and once they make it people will play it for a year. Blizzards content isnt dynamic. Also look at how much blizard added in vanilla. Once an mmo has an expansion they drastically slow down the content creation. An mmo launches with a years worth of near finished content. An expansion doesn't.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And if you did complete your tasks and you were then told by someone coming in that its worthless and you need to do better, would you feel good about yourself then?
    I still haven't but I might understand how it feels when it happends actually. But yes, I've handled over thousand customers. The only complaints I get to my boss is how good I am doing my job. They just can't seem to understand how I'm so motivated at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    My thoughts on this? I feel bad for the guy. This is exactly what he means by people overanalyzing everything he says.
    This, ever tought maybe there's a finite amount of content they can put out at any given time? Its not like they can magically pop raid instances or quests zones or tier gear that fit on every races and genders in the game instantly, its MONTHS and MONTHS of work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    So you don't want any communication with the devs? Just don't read them if you don't like them. I feel it is working out well. People have been asking for more communication with the devs for years and twitter is a good way to give that.
    Basically yes. I think he should write a blue post on forums every now and then if there is something important enough to write, but thats it. He should spent less time in twitter and more time actually balancing things etc..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You honestly think they just sit around half the day doing nothing? The reason people say Rift has more content is because half of it is dynamic, and once they make it people will play it for a year. Blizzards content isnt dynamic. Also look at how much blizard added in vanilla. Once an mmo has an expansion they drastically slow down the content creation. An mmo launches with a years worth of near finished content. An expansion doesn't.
    Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I should be looking for a Dyamic MMO instead of blizzards slowly and overused content :s Don't get me wrong, I love it at the start, but it really gets old

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    difficulty is what raiding is all about, normal and heroic are quite often very different, yes the boss looks the same but the actual fight can change quite a lot, you cant get away with things.

i dont consider normal as content, only heroic is because that is the boss with everything included, normal is like a demo or a trailer, ESPECIALLY when it comes to huge lore bosses like lich king or rag.
    Heroic is another level as saying - Oh, you finished our content too fast. Well, don't worry. We got more, but this time with a extra fear and one more pool of "DO NOT STAND IN"! If you're refering to that as hard content, okey.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you make new crap.
    And if that's what they do - churn out so much stuff so fast, all they would make IS crap.

Who really wants to play crap? I don't.

And don't forget that a lot of Rift's content was built pre-release and staggered.

Dunno how you guys can defend blizz for having less content per expansion and per patch, and making the game far more grindy (this includes simply leveling through quests).

It's been obvious for some time that most of the playerbase won't complain enough or quit to get the service they used to provide, all while charging more than they have (expansions are smaller so you're paying more).

Yes I play the game, but it's the same tactic that's been used forever in business... (same size package, less in it...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    making the game far more grindy (this includes simply leveling through quests).
    Must agree on that. They definitely need to introduce instant lvl 70-80 atleast for old players.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they DO make new crap, but your problem is not having new things every single moment because you think your entitled to it.

Did you even play wrath or TBC? Did you know how compared to pandaria, the amount of new content back then was spaced far apart, and nobody cared they enjoyed it.

This is ridiculous.
    I played since final beta which was in 2003 or 2004. (EU player).

WoW at that time had nothing. But they were adding loads of raids, not to talk about BGs and that was all in just 1 release of the game. TBC offered aswell alot of content, we finally came to outland, following lore-wise was something extremely cool. Many new raids, stuff was harder, it was better balanced. WOTLK came also perfect out, lore and content, of course we had LK for a bit too long and NAXX was reused.. Cata again came out as a perfect lore based expansion - sinestra, deathwing, nefarian, onyxia was uneccesary but okey. MOP Nothing, lore is just orc vs human. Which many might say is the original theme of WoW. But that's generalizing the too much. next patch is going to offer the zandalari isles which is going to be awesome, where obviously rastahkan is going to be present - meaning new content. it seems to have some sheds of light, but the release of the expansion was in my eyes a total dissaster, might be different for you. but it felt like a bad korean game gone wild. i have my hopes for next patch, if it brings a failure with overused content..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    And if that's what they do - churn out so much stuff so fast, all they would make IS crap.

And don't forget that a lot of Rift's content was built pre-release and staggered.
    Exactly. Guarantee storm legion has less content then vanilla rift and xpac 2 for rift will have less then sl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Damn am i only one here hoping GC would alredy quit those stupid tweets? ?
    You're like a little kid that when people ignore, cries until he's heard. You didn't have to post that twice. We read it and found it not worth replying to because we don't agree with you and based on your previous commentary on his tweets, you aren't looking for discussion... only confirmation that your opinion is fact, when it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno how you guys can defend blizz for having less content per expansion and per patch, and making the game far more grindy (this includes simply leveling through quests).

It's been obvious for some time that most of the playerbase won't complain enough or quit to get the service they used to provide, all while charging more than they have (expansions are smaller so you're paying more).

Yes I play the game, but it's the same tactic that's been used forever in business... (same size package, less in it...)

wtf are u talking about? MoP has the most content ever added. 5.1 was way better and had way more then 4.1, and 5.2 may be the biggest patch ever. Research before you spout nonsense.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I came out a bit wrong there. I was refering to content as crap due to the previous users. Either way, I enjoy WoWs content, but it's too short. They've totally lost the lore. This expansion is a new found lore. I just hope the next patch will change this. It is bringing good stuff to the table, but let's hope blizzard doesn't hide it. Most of your just need to read some of the lore. It's probably one of the biggest history of fantasy ever. It's gigantic and they could've used it so much, but they rather wish to give us over used stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:59 AM ----------

wtf are u talking about? MoP has the most content ever added. 5.1 was way better and had way more then 4.1, and 5.2 may be the biggest patch ever. Research before you spout nonsense.
    Daily quests isn't content. It's fillers. MoP 5.0/1 is a filler.

10+ Year Old Account

People complained when they took the a lot of the grind out (see Cataclysm) and now people complain when they put it back in. I still enjoy the game and the time I spend with friends on it. Have you thought that perhaps most of the playerbase is simply learning to find more enjoyment in it? The players are not static, if anything they are the most dynamic aspect of the game.

Measuring the "content" of an expansion is meaningless unless you have a specific set of criteria to do so. Are you measuring it in the amount of data added? How do you measure the content and say "this is less" without having the proof showing that to be true? What about the social experience, can you measure that and clearly state how and where the game determined how much social interaction was had and how much of that interaction was found fun? My point is to get a clear answer you need to answer some staggeringly difficult questions that you are ill-equipped find the answers to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Guarantee storm legion has less content then vanilla rift and xpac 2 for rift will have less then sl.
    You're wrong, it's been proven and showen more. They added like a azeroth all over again in that game.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daily quests isn't content. It's fillers. MoP 5.0/1 is a filler.
    You only class new content as raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played since final beta which was in 2003 or 2004. (EU player).

WoW at that time had nothing. But they were adding loads of raids, not to talk about BGs and that was all in just 1 release of the game. TBC offered aswell alot of content, we finally came to outland, following lore-wise was something extremely cool. Many new raids, stuff was harder, it was better balanced. WOTLK came also perfect out, lore and content, of course we had LK for a bit too long and NAXX was reused.. Cata again came out as a perfect lore based expansion - sinestra, deathwing, nefarian, onyxia was uneccesary but okey. MOP Nothing, lore is just orc vs human. Which many might say is the original theme of WoW. But that's generalizing the too much. next patch is going to offer the zandalari isles which is going to be awesome, where obviously rastahkan is going to be present - meaning new content. it seems to have some sheds of light, but the release of the expansion was in my eyes a total dissaster, might be different for you. but it felt like a bad korean game gone wild. i have my hopes for next patch, if it brings a failure with overused content..
    Mop has more lore presented the best of any xpac. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its not good. Mop also launched with the most content and the most stuff to do. How can you say wrath or cata were near perfect. The fact that you say cata was perfect makes me ignore anything you have to say. Also read my previous post. MMOs have the most content in their release and first xpac. Storm legion will have less content then vanilla rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    You only class new content as raids?
    Yes? U got a problem with that?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    People complained when they took the a lot of the grind out (see Cataclysm) and now people complain when they put it back in. I still enjoy the game and the time I spend with friends on it. Have you thought that perhaps most of the playerbase is simply learning to find more enjoyment in it? The players are not static, if anything they are the most dynamic aspect of the game. Measuring the "content" of an expansion is meaningless unless you have a specific set of criteria to do so. Are you measuring it in the amount of data added? How do you measure the content and say "this is less" without having the proof showing that to be true? What about the social experience, can you measure that and clearly state how and where the game determined how much social interaction was had and how much of that interaction was found fun? My point is to get a clear answer you need to answer some staggeringly difficult questions that you are ill-equipped find the answers to.
    It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, it's just that I'm less attracted to it. I play the few hours after work with friends, due to unbalanced, bad systems I'm at disandvantages all the times. Making alts with buddies now is way too late.

In terms of less - The heroics in MoP are being finished in less than 10 minutes nowadays. I can't recall doing it that fast in TBC, WotLK or Cataclysm. I remember first time doing them in Cataclysm was whiping.

I more fitting word - This expansion should've been called World of Warcraft - The Fillers

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, it's been proven and showen more. They added like a azeroth all over again in that game.
    Id rather have one masterfully done landmass the sizeof Pandaria then azeroth with no imagination. Im not downing rift, just simply stating that the devs aren't as perfect as you think they are.