Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    I was just curious bec in some moments during fight u dont have ur AW for whole duration bec of his "Hide spell''and other stuff.I know we can time it correctly after some attempts but i guess that requires delaying AW for some time,so i thought that maybe DP can solve that problem.Cheers for advice
    Lei Shi is hating on classes with long cooldowns but it's also not a DPS race. The keys to killing the boss in heroic is handling stacks well and burn her down during Get Aways or to get a Protect phase before her next special. With that in mind you don't want to use CD's right before a special and instead hold them until you know what's coming.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-12-19 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Lei Shi is hating on classes with long cooldowns but it's also not a DPS race. The keys to killing the boss in heroic is handling stacks well and burn her down during Get Aways or to get a Protect phase before her next special. With that in mind you don't want to use CD's right before a special and instead hold them until you know what's coming.
    Pretty much this. Except you need to be aware that in addition to every 30 seconds being a special every 20% is an add phase. So actually getting full use out of a 30 second buff is not likely. I do believe HA would be much easier to fit into a burn phase.

The only times you can reliably get 30 seconds of dps time is at the start of the fight and the end of the fight. Otherwise you have to use cds during get away and hope it doesn't push him into an add phase in the next 30 seconds.

As an aside I feel the same way about h-blade lord.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-12-19 at 08:56 PM.

The key to Leishi is planning your cooldowns (like blowing em on adds spawn/get away/right after hide moments etc). If ya play smart , you shouldn't lose alot if any at all.

thing about lei shi, even if you screw up with cds and he protects, you can still blow up adds, its not the best dps but its not wasted !

Lei Shi (like many other gimmick fights this tier) isn't about dps. If you have 3 people stacking the debuff (we use 2 hunters and me as a prot paladin stacking stam) you can get the tank to 20 stacks (max) before the boss is at 30%. Once the tank (or whoever you pick to get 20 stacks) he just run in and out to refresh the debuff stack and keeps the boss damage taken up to the max for the rest of the fight. When I have 20 stacks of the debuff the last add wave goes down in under 10seconds, same with Go away or whatever it's called.

If you want to optimise dps you should watch for how many debuff stacks the boss has at any moment, Holy Avenger lasts 18 seconds and the average time any stacker will stay at a boss is ~15 ish seconds before they have to refresh the stack.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Judgment hits harder
    Only for a brief period of time when you have Guardian, Trinkets and Mogu Potion up does Judgement become the stronger option.

The rest of the time CS + Mastery > Judgement.
    Sanctified Wrath on it's own does nothing to change that (in fact makes CS better, 20% more of something that is already doing more damage, that is)

when 5.2's loot table comes out just wondering if anaxie or one of the other knowledgable ret's in this thread will be updating the BiS List?

Just curious would bracers of defiled earth (normal) be better than bonded soul bracers (normal)? I know the H defiled earth are BiS but unsure if the normal ones are as good.

anaxie go grab a quantum blade from black morass, it will match your challenge mode set so much better

So, looking at T14's 4-piece right now, since 5.1 is it better to use HA or SW? I've seen SW used in the past with 4-piece, though I am not sure if that changes recently at all?

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    So, looking at T14's 4-piece right now, since 5.1 is it better to use HA or SW? I've seen SW used in the past with 4-piece, though I am not sure if that changes recently at all?
    Definitely stick with SW longer AW and more chances to use it thanks to 4pc creates more sustain there are select fights where HA does better but for the most part u will find SW is the stand alone winner. Even if you sim yourself you will see the same results

Not sure if anyone knows but if i have normal 4set gear what heroic non-set piece should i use. I have heroic feng helm, heroic spirit kings chest and heroic elegon gloves on hand to go in those slots

chestplate

Hey guys, I just got Dread Shadow Ring http://www.wowhead.com/item=86322

I already have these 2.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90862
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93246

Its a Strength upgrade, but would lose a bunch of Haste. What do you all think?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snarf/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    chestplate
    The choice being because of the socket bonuses ? Cause Set helm has a 180Str bonus versus feng helm being crit and vice versa for the chest. So Even if the helm brings ~300haste; you basically lose more than 300STR

Am I getting this right ? (because I have 4piece and feng helm and kings chest and I came to this conclusion too, but I'm sure I'll find here confirmation on the reason why to do it)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Hey guys, I just got Dread Shadow Ring http://www.wowhead.com/item=86322

I already have these 2.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90862
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93246

Its a Strength upgrade, but would lose a bunch of Haste. What do you all think?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snarf/advanced
    Replace Bloodseeker since you gain 44STR, 296crit, lose 127haste assuming you reforge crit away on dread shadow.
    Bloodseeker only has 323Haste, and you gain 197haste via reforging the crit away on dread shadow. 127haste lost is not such a big loss is it ?
    So assuming you benefit fully from the hit and regain your expertise elsewhere, it should be an overall gain.
    Then again, try it out with your own stat-weights if your want to be thoroughly sure
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2012-12-31 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Only for a brief period of time when you have Guardian, Trinkets and Mogu Potion up does Judgement become the stronger option.

The rest of the time CS + Mastery > Judgement.
    Sanctified Wrath on it's own does nothing to change that (in fact makes CS better, 20% more of something that is already doing more damage, that is)
    Actually not true for most people. In full T14H BiS CS just barely edges out Judgment in dmg with mastery. I suppose if you have a weapon that is substantially better than the rest of your gear CS might pull ahead earlier, but for most people Judgment is more damage. For me the difference was about 6k in favor of Judgment last I checked, including the CS mastery hit.

Deleted
    So I just picked up Shin'ka normal, and I'm about to obtain that Prismatic Socket aswell. Would, in that case, Shin'ka normal be better than Heroic Starshatter (no expertise racials involved)?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    So I just picked up Shin'ka normal, and I'm about to obtain that Prismatic Socket aswell. Would, in that case, Shin'ka normal be better than Heroic Starshatter (no expertise racials involved)?
    I'm pretty sure it's not, iirc it's something like 400 streg vs 1k weapon dmg. So it'd be around 560 streg vs 1k wdmg. Just sim it and see Since I'm assuming you'll be using a 320 haste gem and it's value is relative to the rest of your gear.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-02 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Heroic starshatter > Normal Shin'ka, due to weapon damage.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

what's the point on preferring the off-set shoulders over set shoulders? Didn't think a lot about it 'till now, but since i noticed, our DK is going for 5pc with the DK set being the same as the paladin set, i got curious. Wouldn't it be better to take the elegon gloves as offset piece since these have an additional socket while the setgloves do not. Also, the stats on Un'sok shoulders/set gloves are quite crappy.

Been looking for the last 2 hours to find any comment on that, but can't seem to find one. :/