Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Teen Selling Virginity Online

I guess it was only a matter of time before another young lady decided to try to see what her virginity can pull in on the market.

Wearing a sleeveless pink top and standing next to a mirror showing her profile as she speaks, Bernardo announces to the camera, "Hi, my name is Rebecca. I'm here to auction off my virginity."
    Bernardo told CNN she made the offer because she was desperate to help her ailing mother. She heard about Catarina Migliorini, a Brazilian woman who reportedly sold her virginity for $780,000 on an Australian website seeking virgins. Migliorini has reportedly yet to finalize the deal and receive the money, and Brazil is reportedly investigating whether the website should be charged with human trafficking. Nevertheless, Migliorini has received widespread publicity and modeling contracts -- including a spread in Brazil's version of Playboy magazine.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/world/...ity/index.html
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-01-03 at 06:36 AM.
    I like sandwiches

This is just sad. Both the attempt itself, and the circumstances leading up to it =/

I don't know how I feel about news reports like this. On the one hand it might help her attract more offers as well as follow up deals. On the other, I fundamentally dislike sensationalising an event like this.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-01-03 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a problem with prostitution, provided those doing it are legally protected in the same way that other workers are.

However, the bigger issue here is that our medical system is so ridiculously expensive.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whore being a whore. Nothing more to see here.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-03 at 02:31 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

It should be noted that she's eightTEEN and legally an adult in most of the world.

That's a rather shocking price.

Hope someone is generous enough to pay the bill for her mom rather then she giving up her vag to a stranger, or a medical instituation doing it pro bono.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really see anything wrong with this is she wants to do it since she is eightteen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    So a misguided girl who has never had sex, and is selling her virginity to take care of her sick mother, is just a "whore being a whore?"
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Hope someone is generous enough to pay the bill for her mom rather then she giving up her vag to a stranger, or a medical instituation doing it pro bono.
    Someone already offered to do so. She turned them down because she wants a new house in another place for free on top of medical bills being paid. She obviously cares nothing for her mother after turning down that offer and is in this completely for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    So a misguided girl who has never had sex, and is selling her virginity to take care of her sick mother, is just a "whore being a whore?"
    Since she turned down an offer from someone to pay those medical bills, yes. If that was her purpose she would have taken the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I can barely see you all the way up there at the top of your pillar. The girl's mother had a stroke, has no education, and has to make enough to feed the both of them. But nah, she's just dirty, right? Quite frankly, your definition of morality has been warped to the point that you can no longer feel compassion. You're not acting better than her, you're acting worse.
    Again, she turned down someone willing to pay for her mother's bills. Go read the article. If she was in this to help her mother I might feel sympathetic, but instead she is just going for as much as she get forherself on top of that prolonging her mother's suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkaysea View Post
    a girl tries to sell her virginity to get money to help her sick mother, whom she is the sole caregiver for, at the age of EIGHTEEN, and you decry her as a "whore". i don't know what's more fucked up, your lack of respect for someone willing to do whatever it takes to help their family, or the fact that it's the year 2013 now, and there are men out there willing to pay $35k to stretch a flap of skin on the inside of a girl's vagina, so they can momentarily think to themselves, "wow, my dick is so amazing that i have changed this girl from a virgin to a regular ol' woman, thus fundamentally changing her structural value to society based on whether or not she's had a man inside her"
    Okay, one more. She turned down someone who would pay for her mother. If she cared about her mother, she would accept that and end her mother's suffering.

I really hope I don't have to edit this post more to respond to the people who didn't even read the article.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-01-03 at 06:21 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    I can barely see you all the way up there at the top of your pillar. The girl's mother had a stroke, has no education, and has to make enough to feed the both of them. But nah, she's just dirty, right? Quite frankly, your definition of morality has been warped to the point that you can no longer feel compassion. You're not acting better than her, you're acting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i dont really see anything wrong with this is she wants to do it since she is eightteen.
    I don't know about in Brazil but in the U.S. it would be consider prostitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    a girl tries to sell her virginity to get money to help her sick mother, whom she is the sole caregiver for, at the age of EIGHTEEN, and you decry her as a "whore". i don't know what's more fucked up, your lack of respect for someone willing to do whatever it takes to help their family, or the fact that it's the year 2013 now, and there are men out there willing to pay $35k to stretch a flap of skin on the inside of a girl's vagina, so they can momentarily think to themselves, "wow, my dick is so amazing that i have changed this girl from a virgin to a regular ol' woman, thus fundamentally changing her structural value to society based on whether or not she's had a man inside her"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    I don't know about in Brazil but in the U.S. it would be consider prostitution.
    personally i would be quite happy if prostitution was made legal. what a woman decides to do with her body is NOT the government's business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prostitution is an indication of massive and egregious disparity within a society. It's saddening to see that a person must resort to it, even if it is for a good and just cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone already offered to do so. She turned them down because she wants a new house in another place for free on top of medical bills being paid. She obviously cares nothing for her mother after turning down that offer and is in this completely for herself.
    I read that as well, but apparently her neighbors know the situation better than either of us, and they feel for her. It mentioned several times that she feels she has no options. Maybe her area is terrible to live in and thinks they can make a better life for themselves if she gets paid more.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-01-03 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since she turned down an offer from someone to pay those medical bills, yes. If that was her purpose she would have taken the offer.
    Actually no. It still doesn't change the fact that she is a virgin, doing this to help her mother. She wants to get a new house for her mother and pay for medical bills. And with the money she makes, she will likely be able to.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkaysea View Post
    Exactly.

I bet a lot of the bidders are Middle Eastern. Still a big misogynistic virgin obsession over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Her body, her choice. If I could sell my virginity for that much money I would have and wouldn't have missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by Staler View Post
    Can a virgin be whore?
    Selling sex for money = Whore.