Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Corsair Hydro Series/all self contained water coolers Question.

I know the H40-H80's use a 120mm rad and the H100 is a double length 120mm rad, are there any water coolers that use a 140mm rad?
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like nobody sells it.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

It was just released, looks to be in stock in 1-2 weeks.

It is getting some excellent reviews it seems.

BCChardware.com
    HiTechLegion.com
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-03 at 02:50 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya the reason I asked was because my case is an Antec 300, and I've got a 120mm exhaust in the back of the case and a 140mm at the top and it just seems like there's more room at the top of the case then at the back over the I/O panel. I mean I could jury rig a 120 in place and stick the rad there but that seems like a waste. I'll have to wait for this Kraken to come out and see what the pricing is like. Either that or replace my Hyper 101 with a 212 with Corsair SP120's and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    and see what the pricing is like.
    $100

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It was just released, looks to be in stock in 1-2 weeks.

It is getting some excellent reviews it seems.

BCChardware.com
    HiTechLegion.com
    Yeah it's also mentioned here

Deleted
    just go all out with a kraken X60? (outplayed the corsair ones easy in performance)

Deleted
    Any reason why you would opt for that type of cooling over a equal preforming/cost cutting air option?
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2013-01-03 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I saw the anandtech review on the kraken line and immediately thought, that sure looks like Asetek made it, which is the case . I've never been a fan of CoolIt Systems, who make the H60/80/100 line for Corsair. The H50 and H70 were both Asetek and since Corsair still uses both companies, I suspect we'll see their equivalent branded versions of it in the near future.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Any reason why you would opt for that type of cooling over a equal preforming/cost cutting air option?
    No need for low-profile ram only, case might not be deep enough, no custom bracket hassle, quiet when not under full load, and slightly better cooling for more extreme overclocking/volt modding over the air Juggernauts which are Phanteks and Noctua would spring to mind. I find them to be more aesthetically pleasing too.

The trade off being that water-cooling solutions, even closed loop systems, are notoriously loud when running full-tilt which is often the make or break 'design'...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    No need for low-profile ram only, case might not be deep enough, no custom bracket hassle, quiet when not under full load, and slightly better cooling for more extreme overclocking/volt modding over the air Juggernauts which are Phanteks and Noctua would spring to mind. I find them to be more aesthetically pleasing too.

The trade off being that water-cooling solutions, even closed loop systems, are notoriously loud when running full-tilt which is often the make or break 'design'...

Yep I had an old Coolit ALC Domino and a H80 sold both to a friend for noise reasons (hoovers) then decided on the D14 which makes them closed loops I had previous look like a cheap gimmik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    just go all out with a kraken X60? (outplayed the corsair ones easy in performance)
    Depends on if I buy my new case or not, my current only has a single bay 140mm top fan, the new case I'm looking at has a dual bay 140mm top. It's an Enermax Ostrog, sounds cheap but I've read the reviews on it and other then side panels fitting a little flimsy the build is solid and has nice features for a sub $50 case. I'll move the guts of my gaming rig to the Enermax and stick my server in my Antec 300, I'm tired of the hidden cabinet I stuck it in makes maintenance difficult.

10+ Year Old Account

Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-01-18 at 02:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Doesn't really matter, Swiftech has already got them both beaten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgctchIQ7M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=N5mJTGnrNWc
    Swiftech H220 looks so awesome and it's around $140 that's really great.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my local Frys electronics has the H50 on sale for $29.99, should I get it?

Deleted
    So my local Frys electronics has the H50 on sale for $29.99, should I get it?
    what do you intend to replace with it? (and what kind of oc are you aiming for?)

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be replacing a CM Hyper 101, I'll grab 2 Corsair SP120's to go with the H50. No overclocking just can't beat that price ya know.

It'll be replacing a CM Hyper 101, I'll grab 2 Corsair SP120's to go with the H50. No overclocking just can't beat that price ya know.
    For the price of that h50 plus a dual SP120 kit you can pretty much afford a top of the line air cooler. The h50 isn't even that good to begin with.