Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post

As said before don't give him macros like that, getting used to these isn't as a good as you may think.
    And I don't think focus target is really needed as a pally in dungeons, it could confuse him.
    Well we are adjusting as we go. He is a DS/Wi/GB gamer and once the bar starts to fill for abilities he either tunes them out or gets frustrated.

Hence I am making it easier and plan to expand what abilities he uses and when. I look at it this way, make the game enjoyable first, then get him to play right. Coming from games with like six or eight things at most to do MMO's like WOW can be daunting.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Well we are adjusting as we go. He is a DS/Wi/GB gamer and once the bar starts to fill for abilities he either tunes them out or gets frustrated.

Hence I am making it easier and plan to expand what abilities he uses and when. I look at it this way, make the game enjoyable first, then get him to play right. Coming from games with like six or eight things at most to do MMO's like WOW can be daunting.
    I still wouldn't go the way of castsequences. Instead help him filter his spells and set up his action bars. This is what I would do, however I'm not very familiar with paladins, so you might have to fill in/remove some spells yourself.

Reserve the main bar for frequently used rotational abilities; Crusader Strike, Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict, Inquisition. This is a short list of spells that he will use all the time and is basically all he needs to focus on prior to optimising his gameplay in end game content. You could also add in the main offensive cooldowns here if he can handle the extra spells; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath.

For the rest of the spells, either group them up with some space between each group, use one bar for each group, or just completely remove them from his bars until he's ready for the added spells. Possible groups:
    Offensive cooldowns; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath
    Defensive cooldowns; Divine Shield, Divine Protection
    Buff spells; Blessing of Might/Kings, Seal of Truth/Insight
    Group utility; Hand of Protection/Freedom/etc

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post

As a max lvl ret he only need: (and in priority order) Inquisition, Templars Verdict, Exorcism, Crusader Strike and Judgement. 3 CDs: Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger(If specced) and Execution Sentence(If specced). With those 9 binds he can push out more dps than 70% of the LFR group :P
    But then its all the oh shit buttons ofc.. all Hands, Bubble, LoH, Aura Mastery, Stun, Heals, Blessings :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    With this "castsequence macro" you could set up a whole rotation? Or just two spells?
    You can use /castsequence to set up a rotation, but it's really really bad to do so, at least I can think of no class where it would be useful.
    There used to exist specs where it was kind of viable, but nowadays there are no rotations but rather priority lists, where you have to react to certain things, procs, whatever. A castsequence macro is totally inflexible, and therefore only recommended for.... actually I can't really think of a thing, at least not combat-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You can use /castsequence to set up a rotation, but it's really really bad to do so, at least I can think of no class where it would be useful.
    There used to exist specs where it was kind of viable, but nowadays there are no rotations but rather priority lists, where you have to react to certain things, procs, whatever. A castsequence macro is totally inflexible, and therefore only recommended for.... actually I can't really think of a thing, at least not combat-related.
    Yeah thought so :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Is there a way to use a macro (or addon) to swap Action Bar buttons when I change talents? I main a hunter, and I frequently swap between Lynx Rush and A Murder of Crows, as well as between Glaive Toss and Barrage, and I find it annoying to have to go into my spellbook everytime I swap talents to drag the new abilities onto my bars, particularly since I keep the abilities in the same place (glavie toss/barrage is always in the same place, AMoC and Lynx Rush are always in the same place, it's just a matter of which one I have at the moment.)

get the addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros it will make macros for each talent tier so each tier is just 1 button depending on which talent you selected.

Awesome, exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot

I have a macro for my rogue but does not working...what I did wrong?

#showtooltip [stealth] Ambush; [spec:2] Sinister Strike; Mutilate
    /targetenemy [noexists][help][dead]
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth
    /cast [stealth] Ambush; [spec:2,combat,nostealth] Sinister Strike; [combat,nostealth] Mutilate

My spec:1 is Assassination and spec:2 is combat.
    -It targets an enemy for me if I don't have on already.
    -It goes stealth if I am not in stealth and out of combat
    -it uses Ambush from stealth.

After that it does not cast Sinister strike or Mutilate. I have [combat] for Sinister strike because for som reason the macro was trying to do sinister before go stealth and it turned Auto-attack for the targeted mob make me sometimes go out of stealth because auto-attacking before being able to use Ambush. With [combat] it does not do it but also it doesn't use Sinister Strike at all, even if I am not stealth and in-combat.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Not sure what the best buttons would be for this macro. But can a macro be made so when normally pushed I roll. If alt is used I'll activate Tiger's Lust, and if I right click then hit the macro I'll Flying Serpent Kick?
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-02 at 01:43 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    The first one I'm not quite sure about. What do you mean by "right click, then hit the macro"?

Second one is fairly simple:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [flyable]Red Flying Cloud; [swimming]Azure Water Strider; Swift Red Hawkstrider
    /cast [nomounted,flyable]Red Flying Cloud; [nomounted,swimming]Azure Water Strider; [nomounted]Swift Red Hawkstrider
    /dismount [mounted]

Thx for the mount macro.

Yeah I confused myself talking about the macro. Basically I want the macro to do this. If bound to say, mouse wheel. Pressing it normally uses roll. alt + wheel = Tiger's Lust. Right Click + wheel = Flying Serpent Kick.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right-clicks can't be used as a modifier, which is what you're asking for there.

Only Alt, Shift, and Ctrl (and combinations of those three) can be used to modify another action.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Right-clicks can't be used as a modifier, which is what you're asking for there.

Only Alt, Shift, and Ctrl (and combinations of those three) can be used to modify another action.
    no they can...its [btn:2]

Example:

cast [btn:2] Deadly Poison; Leeching Poison
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Does any one know a site where I can learn advanced macro use and scripts that are legal to use ingame?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post

Example:

He doesn't want to right click the button (that would be [btn:2]), he wants to right click the world, then hit a button and modify that button based on his previous right click.

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Does any one know a site where I can learn advanced macro use and scripts that are legal to use ingame?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    He doesn't want to right click the button (that would be [btn:2]), he wants to right click the world, then hit a button and modify that button based on his previous right click.
    ah..my bad then I didn't understand it..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post

Example:
    What he stated in his second post is that he wants to use Button 2 to modify his Mouse Wheel Bind. That's not possible, and is why I answered the way I did.

Yes, if you're writing a macro that you're going to click on, you can have it do something different for each of the 5 standard mouse buttons that WoW recognizes. That's not a modifier, though, that's reacting to a different action entirely (clicks instead of keypresses).

Ok, got a couple of macro's I need help with, I'll post how they appear in my head but don't work in the game...

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial wrath
    /cast Rabid (Not part of macro: This is pet ability.)

other way I tried was

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /petcast Rabid

Neither worked... >_<

I'm also having trouble with stopcasting, I put it in my instant cast macros such as arcane shot(seen below) and it works if its a new target, but once I've used the ability on that target once the stopcasting part stops working, I want to on for instance a single target boss fight to be able to start a Cobra shot and then stop it to use another ability which i can if I've changed targets but I won't always be able to do that.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /stopcasting
    /petattackg
    /cast Arcane Shot

Deleted
    #showtooltip Dreadful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
    /cast [modifier:shift] Dreadful Gladiator's Leather Gloves (rocket gloves)
    /cast [nomod] Shuriken Toss

I can't seem to get this to work, not really experienced with macros. Anyone please?
    Just shoots the rocket even without shift pressed.
    Last edited by mmoc64d2313849; 2013-01-05 at 12:12 AM.