[RET] Switch gear for the 2set bonus?

Hi,

I got the chestpiece from Garalon 10man normal, http://www.wowhead.com/item=89832 , ilvl 496
    now, yesterday i got the LFR tier chestpiece, ilvl 483, quetsion is, seeing as i have the LFR tier hands, if i put the chest on i will get the 2set bonus which is the increased TV dmg, is it worth it?

going for lower ilvl (chest 496 -> 483), less stats, but get the increase on TV???? although the 483 has haste instead of hit on it, so i really dont know!

help and mathematicians highly appreciated

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    Hi,

I got the chestpiece from Garalon 10man normal, http://www.wowhead.com/item=89832 , ilvl 496
    now, yesterday i got the LFR tier chestpiece, ilvl 483, quetsion is, seeing as i have the LFR tier hands, if i put the chest on i will get the 2set bonus which is the increased TV dmg, is it worth it?

going for lower ilvl (chest 496 -> 483), less stats, but get the increase on TV???? although the 483 has haste instead of hit on it, so i really dont know!

help and mathematicians highly appreciated

thanks,
    The best/fastest/easiest way to know is to sim yourself with and without it and see which is higher. Offhand, I'd say that it probably should be worth switching for the 2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadaira View Post
    Hey guys,

what's the point on preferring the off-set shoulders over set shoulders? Didn't think a lot about it 'till now, but since i noticed, our DK is going for 5pc with the DK set being the same as the paladin set, i got curious. Wouldn't it be better to take the elegon gloves as offset piece since these have an additional socket while the setgloves do not. Also, the stats on Un'sok shoulders/set gloves are quite crappy.

Been looking for the last 2 hours to find any comment on that, but can't seem to find one. :/
    I'm using 5 set.

Deleted
    Hey, got a question regarding 2 items. Here's my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ision/advanced

And the question is about shoulders and lfr shin'ka. Currently I'm wearing pvp shoulders due to nice amounts of haste but I also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=86213 gemmed and enchanted and Starshatter normal. Been playing with Starshatter for a long time now but got bored of it and wanted to check how Shin'ka works out. Should I change any of those 2 items?

Upgraded Normal Starshatter is better than upgraded LFR shin'ka. The reason being straight up weapon dmg it is your single highest priority in upping your damage more so then the loss of strength from using Starshatter in comparison to the gemed LFR Shin'ka. the extra weapon dmg surpasses it. the next upgrade would be normal Shinka then Heroic starshatter then heroic Shin'ka. upgrading respectfully.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:22 PM ----------

Hey guys,

what's the point on preferring the off-set shoulders over set shoulders? Didn't think a lot about it 'till now, but since i noticed, our DK is going for 5pc with the DK set being the same as the paladin set, i got curious. Wouldn't it be better to take the elegon gloves as offset piece since these have an additional socket while the setgloves do not. Also, the stats on Un'sok shoulders/set gloves are quite crappy.

Been looking for the last 2 hours to find any comment on that, but can't seem to find one. :/
    i believe this has been touched on why in a previous question but its probably buried 30 pages back im not aware of your current gear set but for the most part your talking BiS heroic gear peices and by that time your gear offers so much extra hit and haste that its more viable to look for the stats next in line and to get as much strength and mastery probably overtaking your highest stat priority by that time in respects to filling out a gear slot. Haste should more than be accounted for by that time gaining the extra strength and mastery at that gear level is probably where the gains are. its not that 5set is horrible its just that its edged out by a better offpeice item no 1 peice of non trinket or weapon is going to be a OMG DMG increase tho its just maximizing output to perfection at that point. appologies if i am either wrong or you feel im condescending just the conclusions ive come to and what i think i remember from previous posts if anyone cares to correct me by all means.

Deleted
    very helpful thankyou

Another question: Bloodseekers Exalted klaxxi ring 489 OR Dread shadow N 496 ? http://www.wowhead.com/item=86322 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=90862

I checked it in wowreforge ( http://www.wowreforge.com ) by JUST swapping rings, and then doing perfect reforging gave:
    Going from klaxxi ring TO Dread Shadow:
    - 152 haste @1.69 = -256,88
    - 239 mast @1.15 = -270,07
    + 503 crit @1.13 = + 568,39
    + 44 str @3.17 = +139,48

=== + 180,92
    (Stat weights is based on last sim 2 weeks ago, nothing major has changed)

So it's a net gain. But what about you other rets, what have you chosen?

Is this worth it in your opinion?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see this exact question answered above. So, putting on the new ring it is then!
    Last edited by Panzerlol; 2013-01-04 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Hey guys, I just got Dread Shadow Ring http://www.wowhead.com/item=86322

I already have these 2.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90862
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=93246

Its a Strength upgrade, but would lose a bunch of Haste. What do you all think?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...snarf/advanced
    ilvl wins use it replace bloodseeker

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I'm using 5 set.
    ur doing it wrong then

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:10 AM ----------

Hey guys,

Anyone saying too much haste is a moron. The only reason is because with tier shoulders you will end up with way too much hit in full bis. If you are not a heroic raider and not a allaince goat you could prollly get away using the Tier shoulders and 5 set but optimally you would have Spirit kings H chest which should be quite easy to obtain by now in the tier.

When you start having 12/16H on farm you should and almost full BiS you should then swap to tier chest when you begin to run out of options for dropping hit. If you armory me I'm currently in a situation with all but 6 items being BiS and misshaped H shoulders in bank. I'm sitting at 7.9% hit being a goat with crit to cloak and one str/stamina gem. I currently NEED to drop tier shoulders for a 496 or 509 tier chest ASAP. Dread shadow ring was unexpected and threw this chaos into motion. Unexpected upgrade i didn't plan on getting before our warriors /dks but charms work sometimes...

Heroic nullification greathelm vs normal tier helm?
    Last edited by Peking_Man; 2013-01-06 at 01:21 PM.

Hey, Ghostcrawler just offered some solutions for our low sustained damage versus high burst:
    Q:
    Retribution paladins bust is high but sustain damage is low compared to other classes, any chance on a buff on sustain dps?
    A:
    This is common feedback, but not sure how to fix. Wings to 10% or a 5 min timer? Ick?

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Hey, Ghostcrawler just offered some solutions for our low sustained damage versus high burst:
    Q:

A:
    well if u make wings 10% u have to shorten the CD or extend the length of the dmg. if u add more dmg to wings u need to make it a longer cd if u do that u mess with 4pc this tier and it would be something that couldnt be implemented till a little later into 5.2 because rets would just use 4pc from this tier to reduce the cooldown and have more dps. realistically they would have to effect how mastery and or haste % works for example 10k haste is approximately 24% atm....5k mastery is somewhere around 30% in order to create more sustain thats probably where u would find the easiest solution in creating more balance amongst some of the other melee however in around the same gear quality as other BiS or 500ilvl + ret isnt doing that poorly and on some fights if played well its pretty beast...its not a mage but it isnt a Mainspec dps class u cant really expect hybrids to be at the top it is really fun to play tho trust me i know. And from a Ret Dps Mainspec P.O.V i desperately hope they do change the way mastery and or haste is effected doesnt have to be a huge increase in order to balance it out a little better either. i dont think you can really play with the CD's too much without completely re-tooling them and that is almost always recipe for disaster. Just my opinion tho much like an butthole everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Retfoo View Post
    however in around the same gear quality as other BiS or 500ilvl + ret isnt doing that poorly and on some fights if played well its pretty beast...its not a mage but it isnt a Mainspec dps class u cant really expect hybrids to be at the top it is really fun to play tho trust me i know.
    So what if it's "not doing that poorly"? It's not in the same league as a fury warrior, affliction warlock or arcane mage. Those specs are doing much better in PVE right now. If those specs were toned down a bit, there wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So what if it's "not doing that poorly"? It's not in the same league as a fury warrior, affliction warlock or arcane mage. Those specs are doing much better in PVE right now. If those specs were toned down a bit, there wouldn't be that much of an issue.
    well like i said mages warlocks pretty much expected to be the top every tier anyways just because they are pure dps class. thats not to say that rogues dont need a tweak and seemingly getting some anyways ....but were hybrid. and as much as warriors and DKs are kinda hybrids too you are just never gonna see ret get the love we got back in ICC where everything was broken for us. I also dont think blizz will ever really even us out the same as warriors without buffing mastery for us. its the end of a tier almost tho so who knows what the new set bonus will be and as for this tier if blizzard has shown any consistency its that changes dont really happen unless they feel they need to and its not something they feel is broken. I agree we arent as strong as other melee classes though i just dont think you are going to see anything done about it until the very earliest 5.2.

You do know that everything IS broken for Ret right now ye?
    Reality and physics about ret are clearly shown on that simcraft website.
    This content had 3 things going so much very retributions way:
    1) Gimmicky fights with +%dmg taken on stuff (hi mastery)
    2) Extremely well itemized for progress (hi haste)
    3) Retardedly overpowered setbonuses.

Even trivial shit like not having range on things to dps benefits ret more than any other melee for example.
    Real mechanics and dynamics are far from what you see on your recount or logs for this tier my friend.

PS: You will 100% see buffs go our way come patch 5.2. Problem is it will prolly be way too late like Firelands Unlike alot of people who pretend to know and post idiocy here, I actually do know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-01-07 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    You do know that everything IS broken for Ret right now ye?
    Reality and physics about ret are clearly shown on that simcraft website.
    This content had 3 things going so much very retributions way:
    1) Gimmicky fights with +%dmg taken on stuff (hi mastery)
    2) Extremely well itemized for progress (hi haste)
    3) Retardedly overpowered setbonuses.

Even trivial shit like not having range on things to dps benefits ret more than any other melee for example.
    Real mechanics and dynamics are far from what you see on your recount or logs for this tier my friend.

PS: You will 100% see buffs go our way come patch 5.2. Problem is it will prolly be way too late like Firelands Unlike alot of people who pretend to know and post idiocy here, I actually do know what I am talking about.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/

Can't argue with the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Retfoo View Post
    well like i said mages warlocks pretty much expected to be the top every tier anyways just because they are pure dps class. thats not to say that rogues dont need a tweak and seemingly getting some anyways ....but were hybrid. and as much as warriors and DKs are kinda hybrids too you are just never gonna see ret get the love we got back in ICC where everything was broken for us. I also dont think blizz will ever really even us out the same as warriors without buffing mastery for us. its the end of a tier almost tho so who knows what the new set bonus will be and as for this tier if blizzard has shown any consistency its that changes dont really happen unless they feel they need to and its not something they feel is broken. I agree we arent as strong as other melee classes though i just dont think you are going to see anything done about it until the very earliest 5.2.
    Blizzard has stated repeatedly there is no more hybrid tax, making your entire argument invalid.

I'd link these instead: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/30/default/
    They are behind everything that can choose another superior spec for DPS except for shamans. We all know any AOE fight Ele is going to dunk, ret has no options. Ret falls behind in this tier even with items that are pretty well itemized while other specs dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    *snip*
    Couldn't agree more, if you look at logs for the few fights without damage increases or look at fights before damage increases activate retribution is in a very sad state. It's the same fucking issue we've had since ever: we burst among the top 3 specs but our dps (single target and aoe) without CDs is so far behind any other spec it's not even funny. This time around PvP hurts alot because of the lack of survivability, which in PvE is fine. But damage in PvP is "fine" because of burstyness but in PvE it's bad because of very low sustained damage output.

Best of all? Stupid twitter / blueposts from GC about how retribution is fine in PvP and nothing said about PvE, unless next tier bonus AND encounters have damage increases like we have in 2/3 encounters now in T14 I might aswell go prot or holy. I get that a "hybrid" shouldn't be beating pure specs, but when the pure specs have as much or even more "hybridness" than retribution has? We have burst damage, that burst damage has to carry our numbers untill CDs come back off CD. I'm scared to shits about the development of retribution dps, little to no words from the dev team and the few things we get are minor changes to "ease our lives" instead of making sure we're gonna stay viable.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't know why people qq about Ret, it seems like its in the best place its been in for a long time. If we were top dps if would just inflate the number of paladins, which is already a problem is some cases.
    Yes, 1000 mages, all dps isn't inflated but 2000 paladins playing 3 different specs & roles is.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I don't know why people qq about Ret, it seems like its in the best place its been in for a long time. If we were top dps if would just inflate the number of paladins, which is already a problem is some cases.
    QQing and constructively arguing the inevitable future are 2 different things. Ret were in exact same "good" state in tier11 after mastery revamp as people remember with 3.80 weapons. But when Firelands "came", so did every other dps on top ret for a long time till the stupid censure hotfix.

And please stop quoting me if you have 1) nothing to add? 2) contradict yourself further proving my point (w-o properly reading my post or your own source).

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets keep this thread moving forward. Please! -Krekko
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature